Is there a disconnect between the Senators organization and the fans?

Is there a disconnect?

• There is a minor disconnect

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Dorion just called his proudest day as a GM at arguably our lowest point in franchise history. We just finished trading our last star player who most were hoping to make a captain because we couldnt get him to sign here.

I'm not sure if Dorion is delusional or if there is a disconnect or if he is just extremely stubborn and has way to big of an ego.

NorthCoast

May 1, 2017
Most of the team that fell apart was not built by pierre dorion but the person that was gm before him.

Oh, okay.

So then what has DP accomplished that warrants my trust?

The Duchene trade?

His handling of the team last season?

The decision to use last years 1st instead or keeping it for this year.

His attempts to resign EK, Duch, Stone?

The scouting he did under Murray is the only good thing on his resume.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Dorion just called his proudest day as a GM at arguably our lowest point in franchise history. We just finished trading our last star player who most were hoping to make a captain because we couldnt get him to sign here.

I'm not sure if Dorion is delusional or if there is a disconnect or if he is just extremely stubborn and has way to big of an ego.
Could you name the last time we traded for someone better than Brannstrom?

Obviously Stone staying is the preference but what's he going to say, this is terrible day for the franchise we'll never recover from this?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

I get the outrage and I absolutely agree that Dorion shouldn't have said anything of the sort considering he had just finished blowing up the team.

I do think he meant it more in a scout's mind, he just got an insane prospect for Stone. I haven't watched Brannstrom but everyone seems to agree that he is as legit as they come, for a scout that has to be pretty damn exciting.

Just more proof that he isn't GM material.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Oh, okay.

So then what has DP accomplished that warrants my trust?

The Duchene trade?

His handling of the team last season?

The decision to use last years 1st instead or keeping it for this year.

His attempts to resign EK, Duch, Stone?

The scouting he did under Murray is the only good thing on his resume.
You're going off in many directions but this is why rebuilding was necessary. If you blame Dorion for right now,then i can give credit to dorion for getting us to the east final, but am not going to do that because their is more going on than just that 1 individual person. Putting %100 blame or credit on a single person when that's not the case.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Obviously Stone staying is the preference but what's he going to say, this is terrible day for the franchise we'll never recover from this?
No, that would also be a stupid thing for him to say as well as it is as at the other extreme end. The answer somewhere lies in the middle.

Reactions: solidprospect

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
When would you say the falling apart happened? I seem to remember a certain event really gearin'er up.
I only remember Dorion talking about a rumor he heard and that if he acted on every rumor he heard things would be chaos but it wasn't until several months after, that he realized it was true. Which event are you referring?

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I think FQL hit the nail on the head. There's isn't a disconnect so much as it is the organization being content to feed the fanbase BS spin as opposed to being upfront and honest. The fact that they're so tone deaf is by design.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think FQL hit the nail on the head. There's isn't a disconnect so much as it is the organization being content to feed the fanbase BS spin as opposed to being upfront and honest. The fact that they're so tone deaf is by design.

Melnyk loves Fox News. It all makes perfect sense: attack, deny and bravado.

"We are 10% better at winning games than under the previous ownership structure". All the pieces fit perfectly: Rutkowski just knows how to please his boss.

Reactions: Deku and Slack

billpo

Jun 28, 2006

Dude, the entire league has been talking about what a train wreck this franchise is since the summer...stop thinking everyone else is crazy.

Find me a poll from 2016 where half the fanbases says that the team should trade EK?

The only polls you have are essentially asking:

"Now that the owner irreparably damaged the relationship between Karlsson and the team, ensuring that he will never resign under the current ownership, should the team trade Karlsson or let him leave for nothing"

Because that is the context around him being traded.

Is Alfie in the minority?

Is the Mayor in the minority?

Are all the players that have left and had negative comments about the ownership in the minority?

Is the public at large and the entire hockey media in the minority?

Even Garrioch posted a video the other day saying that the team needs to lay out it's plan because they don't understand the direction now that Duchene/Stone will not be part of the rebuild.

"We will be better in 2017/2018 than the year before" - FAIL
"We are loading up for the cup" - FAIL
"We plan to sign EK" - FAIL
"We plan to sign Duchene/Stone" - FAIL
"We are planning to move the team downtown" - FAIL

How can fans not be misaligned with the direction of this team...when every direction they take they FAIL.

The only direction is to do the best they can while investing ZERO dollars into the business. That's it. If that makes us a cap team great. If that means that we are a sub-cap floor team buy leveraging insured contracts then that's great too. So long as the ownership of this business does not have to invest or risk any money on it then we have achieved the direction of the team.

that video was HILARIOUS !!!!!

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
The disconnect is minorities thinking that the entire fanbase has the same opinion as they do.

One minority, for example, more than half were okay with Karlsson being traded.
Where did you come up with more than half of the fanbase were okay with Karlsson being traded?

Reactions: Deku

ThreePosts

Jun 21, 2018

No, he shouldn't have said we'd never recover. Because eventually, we can.

But yes, he absolutely should've acknowledged this was a terrible day for the franchise and its fans. Because it was. And because every other GM or respected hockey executive would have. Not doing so simply wasn't credible.

He himself stated, numerous times, that the next time he talked about Stone and Duchene, it would be to announce their contract extensions. Obviously he wanted to sign them, not trade for Erik Brannstrom. What exactly would be wrong with acknowledging how terrible this outcome is for the Sens, their fans and, quite honestly, for him?

It's called Leadership. And yesterday, Pierre showed none. And his failure to acknowledge the devastation to the organization and its fans is unforgivable IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad