Is there a disconnect between the Senators organization and the fans?

Is there a disconnect?

• There is a minor disconnect

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I am not trying to defend him. I could care less about him. We both know very well that the state we are in is all Melnyk's doing.

Stone and Karlsson didn't had a bad relationship with the GM, they clearly implied that the ownership is not committed to winning. If it was all up to Dorion (with an Owner willing to spend everything) he would've signed everyone, and I have no doubt in my mind about that.

As soon as Dorion was appointed he made some risky moves to win now, by trading Zibby for Brassard (although that trade doesn't look good now, but he was instrumental in our Cup run, and Zibby was not showing any progression). Phaneuf trade was pretty good too, that brought in some needed leadership on the 2nd pairing, and took some load off Karlsson to produce from the back-end. Another vital part in our Cup Run

Duchene trade at the time being actually made sense (and it showed he is willing to take risk to win). How ever, I wish that trade would've happened a year ago. No one expected us to completed fell of the map right after the trade, especially after making it to the conference finals

Extending all the washed up role players is nothing to create a fuss about, really. You brought up those signings. not me.

I don't know how to answer your last question. I am not sure what do you expect him to say when he addresses media, expect diplomatic answers. I am pretty sure he wants to win and he tried to do so, as well until the Owner hand-cuffed him completely.
I brought up the washed up role player signings as evidence to why Melnyk isn't pulling all the strings. Why on earth would they spend money on those guys when it could have been allocated better?

Dorion has signed terrible players to only trade them or buy them out. That is terrible asset management for a money strapped team. He along with our POS of owner has instilled a toxic and losing culture making our stars wanting out.

Perhaps Melnyk is at the forefront of all the hatred but you can't sit there and say every single trade made since Dorion was GM was/is pulled by Melnyk behind the scenes.

Was the Hoffman trade pulled by Melnyk? Why on earth would he take back salary when Hoffman was flipped for a few picks immediately after being acquired?

Last edited:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
No disconnect this is normal... Every GM goes through this

Ha, what a coward. Big man hiding behind a studio mic and a bunch of law enforcement, as if people haven't shouted at each other at a hockey game, even for kids, sadly.

And yes, there is a disconnect. But it's because Melnyk is "eccentric" and Dorion is a puffball of contempt.
The only thing that will make him less oblivious is if the Senators are bottom 3 for the next 4 to 5 years.
If he does not gain humility from that, the man is truly a vapid mannequin of a general manager.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

Probably in response to "rest of the games except the leafs for 18 bucks each" promotion. Between that, BOGO, free beers to some games and tickets being less than half of face value on the secondary market, I would feel pretty cheated out if I was a STH. Less expensive per game and less commitment by getting cheap tickets on seatgeek or taking advantage of all the ridiculous promotions

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
I take great solace in the fact that Dorion will never, ever work in the NHL again once his time in Ottawa is over.

I bet he'd get an offer for either an AGM or head of scouting job in the NHL. But no respected organization would let Dorion get in front of the media after this horror show. He got promoted one too many times, that much is clear.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
When Dorion eventually gets fired.. I wonder if Melnyk will include the characteristics in a GM he is looking for to replace him in his farewell letter to the fans.

1. Patsy
2. Lies easily
3. Communicates at a grade 3 level

Reactions: Deku

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
No disconnect.

Melnyck thinks we are to dumb to understand what a rebuild means and we think he is a stupid egomaniac who wouldn’t know a hockey player of Erik Karlsson gave him a liver.

The hatred is mutual - no disconnect, just disrespect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->