Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Why have coaches at all? Just let the players figure out what to do.

I'm pretty sure the head coach on any team does not really communicate much with the goalie. The goalie has his own coach and does his own thing.

Oilers are a mediocre defensive team. Those teams tend to have goalies crumble behind them. This is not rocket science.

Reactions: TheNumber4

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm pretty sure the head coach on any team does not really communicate much with the goalie. The goalie has his own coach and does his own thing.

Oilers are a mediocre defensive team. Those teams tend to have goalies crumble behind them. This is not rocket science.
Dude didn't say head coach. He said coaching. You know like the goalie coach. Man you really can't read can you?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Velma-and-Daphne-in-Bed-scooby-doo-32575831-940-704.png
front.jpg

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I hate peter chairelli. I suspect a whole lot of posters here do as well.

I do as well and I'm proud to admit it. I know the Bible says not to hate but I hate this POS up there with Eakins. I hate our management for hiring him. What in the name of GOD were they thinking when they hired him. I live in NS so their are lots of Bruins fans here. They laughed when we hired him. They warned us.
Now getting back to the bible. I'm kinda worried now for McJesus. We have to face the facts, will he want out? He has to look around on what we have and say " I can walk on water but I can't fix this mess.
Lowe was very irrogant but Chiarelli is just a fool. I never liked him and I want him gone

Reactions: frag2

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
This is on Katz for 13 years of OBC and keeping incompetent people in key hockey roles, nay, rewarding incompetent people even. This organization is the textbook definition of insanity.

I had a good conversation with a HABS fan the other day. He said "I respect you pal, I don't know how you could stick with that team after what that management has done to its fans" I said I have no choice, too much money invested.
You are 100% correct on the insanity.

During the strike shortened year, Ralph Kruger had the team playing well. Yakupov looked very good and Schultz (who had every team wanting him) chose Edmonton because of Kruger. We finished 3 games below 500 and the future was looking great.
Management goes all goo-goo gaa-gaa over wonder-boy Dallas Eakins and decides to fire Kruger. That was done over Skype. Classy!
Eakins then comes in, tries to be a dictator and completely sinks the Oilers and loses the bench quick. Eakins is then mercifully fired in his 2nd year and was put on the Mission to Mars Space Shuttle never to coach again.
Todd Nelson is then hired and he gets the team playing better in the 2nd half of the year. It seems the players like him, Todd is a likeable guy and everyone is happy again. The Oilers win the 2015 McDavid lotto and Oilernation is pumped. Good times are coming back.
Management then decides to get rid of Nelson to hire Todd MacLellan. This is the same coach who had great SJ teams but couldn't get them to win. He even had them up 3-0 on LA and lost the series. He was known for throwing players under the bus.
I guess Katz didn't bother checking the trade tracker on Chiarelli's trades.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Thanks for sharing.

Lucic might be someone who benefits from playing under a different coach. Actually most of the team is probably candidates for this but he comes to mind right away because of the 11 month "slump" he is in. His best days are behind him but I don't believe he's as bad as 2 goals in 66 games.

There aren't many guards in the entire league who score 2 goals in 66 games. There might be none, outside lucic, who do so with the minutes he gets. He literally might be the worst in the league over that time span. Something is wrong, no doubt about it.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

He is blaming the players too much. Its his job to see there was a change and make a timeout or pull the goalie. He is way too stubborn and doesn't know how to do in game changes

lol, he basically blamed everybody but himself.

Threw Talbot under the bus - probably deserved, but it's hilarious the way he did it so matter-of-factly
Threw Benning under the bus - probably deserved, and he's obviously not happy with him
Threw all the defensemen under the bus - again probably deserved

What I got from that is that he's telling everybody that Chia gave him a crap team with crappy players who can't defend, make a save, or make a pass.

Reactions: Digger12

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Threw Talbot under the bus - probably deserved, but it's hilarious the way he did it so matter-of-factly
Threw Benning under the bus - probably deserved, and he's obviously not happy with him

What I got from that is that he's telling everybody that Chia gave him a crap team with crappy players who can't defend, make a save, or make a pass.

Let's blame him for our drinking problems too while we are at it.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

"The PK seemingly gives up one a night, but yet we're doing not a bad job of structurally being where we want to be"

Might that be an indictment on the coach's set up vs. the players then?

Or the lack of in-game adjustments...

This isn't a new issue for Todd. I mean, this is how you get reverse swept in the playoffs.

Reactions: Oilhawks

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
McDavid might never see another playoff game as an Oiler.

Flamethrower to the front office please. Keith Gretzky can keep his job but everyone else? Out.

Marty McSurly

May 9, 2018
Get ready for interim head coach Wayne Gretzky.

He's been travelling with the team for most of this season and was at ice level during the Jets game. The brief turnaround by the team during (and after) that game delayed the inevitable IMO.

This would be a classic Oilers move as well.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Get ready for interim head coach Wayne Gretzky.

He's been travelling with the team for most of this season and was at ice level during the Jets game. The brief turnaround by the team during (and after) that game delayed the inevitable IMO.

This would be a classic Oilers move as well.

Wayne has better things to do than to be around this full time. He drops in time to time, that's it.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Todd, able to get his team to be able to play against the toughest stretch to set them up for a successful season. To only make them lose all that ground by losing to worse teams. Awful awful coach, GTFO Todd. Doesn't understand when to pull his goalies to save his life...

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I don't care what any "sources" have to say. There's no way in hell that McLellan lasts until Christmas, never mind the year if this team keeps on playing like this.

Chiarelli will have his own due reckoning in time once this team misses the playoffs for the 3rd time in 4 years under his watch, but before then it'll be McLellan's head on a spike because that's a lower hanging fruit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad