Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Didn’t D. Sutter say he wasn’t ready to retire from coaching yet? Q is a pipe dream but Sutter lives just down the road.
We don’t have the personnel to play sutter hockey

I gave up the dream we'd get a Sutter GM/Coach or play Sutter hockey a long time ago.

My Super Like: Ralph Kruger
Isn't it time to apologize to our old flame? We made a mistake Ralph and we paid dearly for that mistake. Southampton FC is nice, but you know you love hockey. Baby come back!

Reactions: Hippasus

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
They got played by the transition game of the Golden Knights. Too many turnovers. The Oilers either might not be playing safe enough when trying to move up the ice, might need to shore up their defense and breakouts, or both.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Get ready for interim head coach Wayne Gretzky.

He's been travelling with the team for most of this season and was at ice level during the Jets game. The brief turnaround by the team during (and after) that game delayed the inevitable IMO.

This would be a classic Oilers move as well.
Please don't soil Gretzky's name by making him coach.

Reactions: SaltNPeca

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Get ready for interim head coach Wayne Gretzky.

He's been travelling with the team for most of this season and was at ice level during the Jets game. The brief turnaround by the team during (and after) that game delayed the inevitable IMO.

This would be a classic Oilers move as well.

I don't think there's the slightest chance that Gretzky would deign to give up the luxury box wine and subject himself to managing a players bench again. He's not stupid.

When McLellan gets fired (at this point I'd be surprised he even makes it to December), the likely play is to make Gulutzan interim coach and let the new GM (after Chia gets fired at seasons end for missing the playoffs) pick "his" guy from whoever is available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad