Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
I was criticized for bringing up the fact that there were disturbing trends to the team despite the wins. That they won't beat better teams if they don't fix their penalty kill and pp. Other posters commented about how they just beat Washington and Nashville, blah blah blah things will be fine.

You guys are optimistic to a point that its unhealthy for you lol. Anytime things go a little right, expect a giant category 5 tornado of suckage to envelope this team shortly after. Its been happening for 11 years or more. Stop getting your hopes up and be more realistic until everyone in this organization is purged. Its obviously from the news reports that Lowe still has say in the hockey operations side of the organization.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Crazy how it is now almost unanimous among fans and those following the team that NOW we must finally fire Todd yet the days just tick on by while Bobby continues his assessment. Honestly Bobby Burger has the easiest job in the world. "Let me just assess for a few more years..." i.e. wait long enough and I wont' need to ever do anything.

Reactions: Canada Drai

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I was criticized for bringing up the fact that there were disturbing trends to the team despite the wins. That they won't beat better teams if they don't fix their penalty kill and pp. Other posters commented about how they just beat Washington and Nashville, blah blah blah things will be fine.

You guys are optimistic to a point that its unhealthy for you lol. Anytime things go a little right, expect a giant category 5 tornado of suckage to envelope this team shortly after. Its been happening for 11 years or more. Stop getting your hopes up and be more realistic until everyone in this organization is purged.

Yep, I highly recommend skepticism. It comes packaged, free of charge, with bonus immunity to being disappointed.

Cynicism is underrated it would seem.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
Maybe the question now is: "can an about to be fired GM fire a coach?"
Seems GM needs to go first. SO DO IT!!!!!!!! Before we all just become NFL fans.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Whats a Wild Talbot? ;)

I made the mistake of drinking last night albeit it was far better than watching the game apparently. Watched the hilites. Looked like Talbot and the Oilers packed it in.

Isn't Mclellan firing scheduled for this AM. This is disappointing.

Can’t believe he hasn’t been fired yet?!?!

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Crazy how it is now almost unanimous among fans and those following the team that NOW we must finally fire Todd yet the days just tick on by while Bobby continues his assessment. Honestly Bobby Burger has the easiest job in the world. "Let me just assess for a few more years..." i.e. wait long enough and I wont' need to ever do anything.
He needs to be fired as well.

Won't happen though. McLellan will fall on the sword while Chiarelli sips wine and laughs.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
He needs to be fired as well.

Won't happen though. McLellan will fall on the sword while Chiarelli sips wine and laughs.

I'm really doubting Chia is bulletproof. He's gone if there is a coach change and the team keeps being poor, which is very likely. Sad part is, he will just be replaced by another yes man that will happily get along with the red wine summiters. People think no real coach will want a part of this crap show. At least the coach gets his own space and manages things with autonomy on the bench and in practice. Imagine being a serious manager and having to walk into this clown show and have to appease people like Lowe, MacT and Howson. And now Russell's biggest fan Gretzky, and Coffey and Messier. That's even more gross.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm really doubting Chia is bulletproof. He's gone if there is a coach change and the team keeps being poor, which is very likely. Sad part is, he will just be replaced by another yes man that will happily get along with the red wine summiters. People think no real coach will want a part of this crap show. At least the coach gets his own space and manages things on the bench and in practice. Imagine being a serious manager and having to walk into this clown show and have to appease people like Lowe, MacT and Howson.
There's a real obvious disconnect between coach and GM. Whoever gets brought in next needs proper communication.

But there's a lot of fireable candidates in the Oilers organization...

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
from now until mid December is as easy of a schedule as we will get. lots of meh teams and also getting teams on second halfs of back to backs. No excuse to not go 10-5 at least. January is also easy.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
from now until mid December is as easy of a schedule as we will get. lots of meh teams and also getting teams on second halfs of back to backs. No excuse to not go 10-5 at least. January is also easy.
I'd be surprised if the team went 7-7-1

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
Coach Q isn't interested in work right now. He's having a blast. Anyone see that vid of him at the Bears game taking shots with fans? haha

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Its crazy to think the Oilers were up 2-0 late in the second on Saturday playing well in Calgary with their destiny in their own hands and cruising along, to absolutely shitting the bed for the last 25 minutes lose the game and take only 3 shots in that span, to being toyed with by Vegas on Sunday and having no fightback and response.

Losers mentality to a tee

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
So pretty much everyone in Canada thinks Tmac needs to be fired except Bob and Peter I assume.

Nice.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
3 of the W's were OT Wins. Another was the Jets completely ****ting the bed.

Divisional play is the metric whereby the results factor into making the playoffs or not. With 4pt games on the table every night more is at stake, and opponents play like it, and when they do we have more problems.

So how many goals do you need to win by to make it a legit win?

Not sure who you're arguing with on the second point? I think everyone's on the same page for that, well... except for the actual team.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
He's flying towards his final game... vs his former team.

Fate has scheduled his end with the Oilers symbolically where he began his head coaching career... he can ride off into the California Sunset chewing wistfully after the game.
Please?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
After tomorrow the next game isn't until Friday. That gives Gulutzan/Viveiros/whoever two days to take over. They won't have a multi-day break again until December 19-21.

It should have been done last Wednesday but the Oilers smashed the Canadiens the night before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad