Post-Game Talk: Is There a Coach Tinder? If so, Swipe Right! Oilers lose 6-3

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Todd, able to get his team to be able to play against the toughest stretch to set them up for a successful season. To only make them lose all that ground by losing to worse teams. Awful awful coach, GTFO Todd. Doesn't understand when to pull his goalies to save his life...

LOL it was a fluke run and its not un common for teams to have hot starts and then return to their norms

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
TM gets fired the second Quenville decides he wants to coach the Oilers.

Like I said before, Quenville probably would want to pick his assistants. And with the Oilers just hiring a fresh batch of them, there is no way Katz is cutting cheques for all of them, not to mention that would be an absolutely brutal PR move, and would be about as unprofessional as it gets.

So, I would put the chances of Quenville coming here at almost 0. But, hopefully I am wrong.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
LOL it was a fluke run and its not un common for teams to have hot starts and then return to their norms

This team doesn't have hot starts, they've had awful starts since the first year I started watching. They actually played well for 9 or so games after the first awful 2 games. How do you go from a team beating the likes of Washington and Nashville to this? Awful from top to bottom. Terrible GM, coach, and shit work ethic from all players.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The only way we're going to have any type of balanced attack is by giving Mcdavid garbage wingers that hopefully won't bleed chances against, putting RNH and Draisaitl together and moving Lucic to the 4th line.

Caggiula-Mcdavid-Chaisson, Caggiula has been decent with Mcdavid this year, Chaisson could be this seasons Maroon.
RNH-Draisaitl-Rattie, gives us a 1B line, Rattie seems to work with RNH
Spooner-Brodziak-Kassian, more of a 4A/4B situation. Our bottom six is complete trash
Lucic-Marody-Russel, we need to give the bottom six less then 20 minutes a game of ice time

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
This team doesn't have hot starts, they've had awful starts since the first year I started watching. They actually played well for 9 or so games after the first awful 2 games. How do you go from a team beating the likes of Washington and Nashville to this? Awful from top to bottom. Terrible GM, coach, and **** work ethic from all players.

Ill let you be because your blind if you thought they played well at the start of the season

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yet they had that record against some of the best teams in the NHL... Easily the toughest stretch of their entire schedule.
Well as they say, even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Now they look just as bad as last year, if not worse. What a f***ing tease.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
That is Katz MO . Shuffle employees around . Maybe Todd can become the toilet cleaner . It will remind him of his ****ty line combos

CXeyBB3.png

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
No firings today? Alright I'm going on a hiatus, see you guys once changes are made.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
7-3-1 is a bad start to the season?

3 of the W's were OT Wins. Another was the Jets completely shitting the bed.

Divisional play is the metric whereby the results factor into making the playoffs or not. With 4pt games on the table every night more is at stake, and opponents play like it, and when they do we have more problems.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
3 of the W's were OT Wins. Another was the Jets completely ****ting the bed.

Divisional play is the metric whereby the results factor into making the playoffs or not. With 4pt games on the table every night more is at stake, and opponents play like it, and when they do we have more problems.

One of them was a loss to the Pens, in which Talbot completely lost the game for them.

I could also say the Wild Talbot lost the game for them.

Reactions: Jeff Lebowski

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Get ready for interim head coach Wayne Gretzky.

He's been travelling with the team for most of this season and was at ice level during the Jets game. The brief turnaround by the team during (and after) that game delayed the inevitable IMO.

This would be a classic Oilers move as well.

At this point, I would take that. Something has to change.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
One of them was a loss to the Pens, in which Talbot completely lost the game for them.

I could also say the Wild Talbot lost the game for them.

Whats a Wild Talbot? ;)

I made the mistake of drinking last night albeit it was far better than watching the game apparently. Watched the hilites. Looked like Talbot and the Oilers packed it in.

Isn't Mclellan firing scheduled for this AM. This is disappointing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->