Is Sidney Crosby on track to be (or already is) the 4th best forward ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
It's funny how the conversation seems to only be about goals and points when Crosby is probably the best two-way center in the game right now.

Reactions: Sentinel

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Huh? Once he left the Pens, they did not make the postseason until 2007. Not only Jagr was the sole reason the Pens remained a playoff team in their near-bankrupt days (and we're talking about a hey-guys-the-sticks-have-not-arrived state), he is the sole reason the Pens are still in Pittsburgh.

He blew his Washington mission, but still scored at over a PPG pace in the only playoff series he played with them, and he played that series with a broken wrist.

You're free to prefer Crosby, but please, don't misinform.

There's more to hockey than scoring points.
If there wasn't, Brett Hull would be wayyyyy higher up on GOAT list and Eberle would probably be scoring 90 points a year. I'm sure the later part of that last sentence looks weird, but it makes sense if you think about it.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
It's funny how the conversation seems to only be about goals and points when Crosby is probably the best two-way center in the game right now.

Two way...? Where's the hardware?
Crosby is a damn fine player in the NHL who his hard AF to play against but never has there ever been a year that I'd call him the best 2-way player in the league.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Crosby is a damn fine player in the NHL who his hard AF to play against but never has there ever been a year that I'd call him the best 2-way player in the league.
idk maybe his back to back Conn Smythes?

And you're living in that year right now.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
Have you watched him this year?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
idk maybe his back to back Conn Smythes?

And you're living in that year right now.

Back to back Conn Smythes? What's that got to do with being a 2-way player? That's for playoff MVP.
When a goalie wins the Conn Smythes does that mean he was a great 2 way goalie?

Have you watched him this year?

At least a dozen times.
Love watching him play.

I think Sid will end up being considered in the top 10 of all time.

Yup. Including d-men and goalies he probably makes that list, too.

Reactions: Sentinel

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
LOL what? There is this guy named Patrice Bergeron but okay...

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
I'm not sure I'd be in a hurry to put Crosby above Yzerman. Yzerman was an elite scorer, then changed his game to be a great 2 way forward. My forwards list:

Howe
Gretzky
Lemieux
Yzerman
Bossy

Reactions: thadd

third man in

Jul 27, 2007
Maryland
funny how if they played the same amount of games Ovechkin having 60 more goals is the deciding factor and NOT the fact that Crosby would be ahead by well over 100 more points, play a tougher position AND have more cups, Smythes, not to mention the trophies he missed out on due to injury.
You really think Crosby would score a goal in every game he missed? Lol. He's behind by 214 goals not 60. In those 150 games he would probably have 60-75 more goals. He would still be behind Ovie by 150 goals.

Reactions: Voight

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Maybe don't act like you have the definitive answer on something you only seen a dozen times.

Oh, I'm sorry. Must I recognize Crosby as the best player at every facet of the game just because I haven't watched every Penguins game this year?

Brush up on that logic, bro.

Crosby shows up every game regardless.

Dozen games is a fair sample size and majority of that was this year because I took 6 weeks off of work from January 16th on.

Chris18820

Nov 11, 2018
Some of you people really sell short on Sidney Crosby. Ovi is no doubt a better goal scorer but Crosby is better in every other metric. Overall Ovi has had better line mates and team IMO

Reactions: Khelandros
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad