Is Sidney Crosby on track to be (or already is) the 4th best forward ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
I was thinking about this. He's clearly surpassed the Sakic/Yzerman/Forsberg tier of all-time forwards. I believe he was/is better than Jagr. Too young to have seen or really understood Believeau/Richard's careers but based on the stats and accomplishments, looks like Sid is above them too.

That leaves us Gretzky, Lemieux and Howe as the only guys I can really put above Sid. Am I out to lunch here? Forgetting anyone else? Do you agree or disagree?

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
You're forgetting the guy who entered the NHL the same year as Sid and has 215 more goals, more MVPs, and way more hardware.

I'm not forgetting about Alex at all. He's another all-time great but Sid is just simply better, comfortably but not by alot.

You wanna throw the goals argument out there, if Crosby had Ovechkin's GP, he'd have like 150-200 more points than him.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
It’s very close... of the top of my head I’d take Jagr and Hull over him, maybe a couple other guys. Like I said it’s close, but Jagr and Hull really separate themselves when you compare individual trophies to Crosby.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I'm not forgetting about Alex at all. He's another all-time great but Sid is just simply better, comfortably but not by alot.

You wanna throw the goals argument out there, if Crosby had Ovechkin's GP, he'd have like 150-200 more points than him.

Key word "if". Players are judged on what they did, not what they might have or could have done.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Key word "if". Players are judged on what they did, not what they might have or could have done.

Yes, and you have to extend that beyond just counting stats. Crosby doesn't have the individual hardware that Ovi does but holistically, over the last fifteen years, Crosby's body of work and what he's done on the ice in the games he's played is legitimately remarkable.

Mbraunm

Oct 19, 2016
I’d take Jagr and Hull over Crosby at this point. However, Crosby still has 7-10 years left.

Reactions: Meloun

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016

IF Lindros could kept his head up, he could be Top 3 forwards of all time.
IF Ovechkin played 10 more games in 09-10, he would swept all awards just like he did in 07-08
IF Tom Wilson and Ryan Reaves never fought, they would be friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad