Speculation: Is MB interested in Yakupov?

hogtownhabsfan*

What do people think about:

Gorges + Plekanec + McCarron/Crisp

There are several good shutdown defenceman on the FA market this year and Emelin will be back from injury, I'm sure the impact of losing Gorges would be minimal and only recognizable for this year. Considering his contract, this may be a good move for us moving forward.

Losing Plekanec would be a real blow to our team right now, Galchenyuk isn't ready to play in the top-6 as a centre and Briere/Desharnais have been very underwhelming. That being said, Galchenyuk has shown consistent improvement and is expected to be at centre next year.

McCarron is a 1st round pick who has been underwhelming, Crisp is a later round pick who has done well. Both bring the size and physicality Edmonton needs. I don't want to move any prospects, these are just the ones I think Edmonton may be interested in.

I think it would be a harsh transition for our current roster but, I think it could mean a pretty incredible return in the coming years.... even as early as next year.

I think it would be tough to remove Gorges and Plekanec from the locker room. I doubt MB would do it.

I think the Oilers would want Eller.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
First of all: Yakupov is not worth more than Bobby Ryan
Second of all: between any combination of McCarron, De La Rose, Crisp, Beaulieu, Fucale, Leblanc + any combination of Diaz, Bourque, Gorges, Desharnais, Gionta, Budaj + any combination of picks we can EASILY get Yakupov without hurting our organization much.

Bobby Ryan went for **** all: Silfverberg (2nd round pick, never PPG in his career), Noesen (late 1st round pick, also pretty middling (out for year with torn ligaments)), and a 1st round pick. That's nothing.

An equivalent would be Leblanc, Beaulieu and a first for Ryan but of course Bergevin wasn't an active enough GM this summer, he was too busy with Parros and Briere.

As for Yakupov, if the Oilers want NHL players we have Diaz and Bourque and possibly Gorges. If they want prospects we have a boatload, even a potentially top-end goalie.

Stop overrating Yakupov, I want him but he's not going to go for Pacioretty + Eller + My Mother + 1st round x2. No player in the league was traded for that much, not even Gretzky or Roy.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
So you think his goal totalthis season is a good indication of his skill level? :laugh:

..and you think a players draft position is the only indication of his future performance? :laugh:

So stats should be disregarded? I love this argument. HE WAS A FIRST OVERALL PICK HE HAS TO BE A 50 GOAL MAN. THE SCOUTS ARE NEVER WRONG!

Have you watched Nail play, then take a peak at RNH or Eberle? Can you spot the difference in what those players do on the ice, compared to Nail? Get back to me when you can see the effort great young players put out, then look at Nail's game.

Galchenyuk skates 5x harder than Nail, so do Bournival and Gallagher.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Second of all: between any combination of McCarron, De La Rose, Crisp, Beaulieu, Fucale, Leblanc + any combination of Diaz, Bourque, Gorges, Desharnais, Gionta, Budaj + any combination of picks we can EASILY get Yakupov without hurting our organization much.

Bobby Ryan went for **** all: Silfverberg (2nd round pick, never PPG in his career), Noesen (late 1st round pick, also pretty middling (out for year with torn ligaments)), and a 1st round pick. That's nothing.

An equivalent would be Leblanc, Beaulieu and a first for Ryan but of course Bergevin wasn't an active enough GM this summer, he was too busy with Parros and Briere.

As for Yakupov, if the Oilers want NHL players we have Diaz and Bourque and possibly Gorges. If they want prospects we have a boatload, even a potentially top-end goalie.

Stop overrating Yakupov, I want him but he's not going to go for Pacioretty + Eller + My Mother + 1st round x2. No player in the league was traded for that much, not even Gretzky or Roy.
lindros1.jpg

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I think it would be tough to remove Gorges and Plekanec from the locker room. I doubt MB would do it.

I think the Oilers would want Eller.

I think it would be harder on the team, in the long run, to move Eller than to move Gorges/Plekanec. He's such a huge part of our team's potential success. His size, two-way ability, and mobility are all going to be hugely beneficial to our future team on the ice. We have other veteran players that can step in as leaders.

I think you're severely underrating Silfverberg. He's closer to Gallagher's worth than Leblanc's.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
if we can get him without giving up anything from our forward core we should obviously do it.
yakupov - galchenyuk - gallagher are already legit top 6 players as 19, 20 year olds.. they would give us offence for 10+ years

then we could have pacioretty - eller - xxxx as our 2nd line and bournival as our 3C

Last edited:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Edmonton is going to ask for proven players. They're not stupid and they aren't exactly interested in trading Yakupov. The offer made needs to be one they can't refuse.

So....
Tindordi
Beaulieu
Pacioretty,
2 firsts.

Will certainly get us Yakupov. Sweeten the deal further with Eller and Reway if they think that we're still too good to not tank.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Edmonton is going to ask for proven players. They're not stupid and they aren't exactly interested in trading Yakupov. The offer made needs to be one they can't refuse.

So....
Tindordi
Beaulieu
Pacioretty,
2 firsts.

Will certainly get us Yakupov. Sweeten the deal further with Eller and Reway if they think that we're still too good to not tank.

For sure but it's way too much to give up. Ain't worth it and I think we can get him for less then that

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

So....
Tindordi
Beaulieu
Pacioretty,
2 firsts.

That's a ridiculous proposal.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011

So....
Tindordi
Beaulieu
Pacioretty,
2 firsts.

What is this I don't even..

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
If we want Yakupov, Oilers would probably ask for Tinordi or/and Fucale. They help in defense/goalie, they won't ask for more offense since they are already stacked... but you never know with the Oilers though.

And if they want immediate help, they would probably want Emelin.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
On one hand, I've been saying for a while that we need some starpower/firepower in our top 6, especially on the wings. Yakupov could be that player.

On the other hand, he's a headcase. His attitude is also questionable, and I simply don't know how he'd fit under a coach like Therrien and most of all, in a city like Montréal.

Also, he's Russian, and the KHL is always a concern when things doesn't go their way. Add to that the fact that the Oilers will ask a lot for a former 1st overall pick and I just don't see how a deal can be made considering the kind of pieces we'd be willing to give.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

So....
Tindordi
Beaulieu
Pacioretty,
2 firsts.

You are out of your mind. You shouldn't even consider swapping Pacioretty for Yakupov at this point in time.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
If we want Yakupov, Oilers would probably ask for Tinordi or/and Fucale. They help in defense/goalie, they won't ask for more offense since they are already stacked... but you never know with the Oilers though.

And if they want immediate help, they would probably want Emelin.

I'd try to move Gorges first. They might be interested. Would add for sure but I don't think it would cost as much as people think. That's why I hope Bergevin is working the phones to get something done. Maybe he asks Gally of his opinion regarding Yaks

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

So....
Tindordi
Beaulieu
Pacioretty,
2 firsts.

Do you hate the Habs or something? This is a ridiculous proposal. Yakupov ain't worth half of that.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

So....
Tindordi
Beaulieu
Pacioretty,
2 firsts.

You can remove any two players in there it would probably still land us Yakupov.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Do you hate the Habs or something? This is a ridiculous proposal. Yakupov ain't worth half of that.

:laugh:

Giving that package up would make us an even worse team with even less depth meaning more call ups like Blunden and St Denis in the future

I think something can be worked out but giving up players like Bourque+Gorges+prospect + pick. Something like that. They get a decent D, ok winger to replace Yak and some youth. If they want Gallagher or Pacioretty you simply hang up

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
:laugh:

Giving that package up would make us an even worse team with even less depth meaning more call ups like Blunden and St Denis in the future

I think something can be worked out but giving up players like Bourque+Gorges+prospect + pick. Something like that. They get a decent D, ok winger to replace Yak and some youth. If they want Gallagher or Pacioretty you simply hang up

Didn't St-Denis sign in Columbus? Or am I assuming things?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
That's a ridiculous proposal.
That offer is a realistic deal if Bergevin really wanted to obtain Yakupov now because the management in Edmonton likely ain't moving him for a bag of pucks; they have also have plenty of time to wait out his current cold streak. No need to worry about dumping salary, they just burned their first round pick on him, and his "character concerns" are likely not an issue to those with those inside the organization.

Sorry, but I got tired of reading to the cheap offers regarding obtaining Yakupov. Edmonton is in no hurry to dump him because they have no reason to and they firmly denied the rumors to the point the coach himself self-reporting he said that straight to Yakupov's face.

Pricef*

So....
Tindordi
Beaulieu
Pacioretty,
2 firsts.

Holy crap. Glad you're not our GM

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
just give them fucale + gorges + tinordi or fucale + tinordi + non-core piece(even a 1st might do it). losing tinordi hurts alot but if we could land a 19 year old sniper then i wouldnt think twice about it. he would be the perfect complement to chuckie and gallagher

chuckie = playmaker but he can also finish
gallagher = shameless crease crasher
yak = sniper

yakupov is also a lefty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad