Speculation: Is MB interested in Yakupov?

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Heh. Doubt Avs want to trade Landeskog. :P

As for Seguin, Dallas might want to trade him for other assets seeing as they're in rebuild. Though, I think he's the kind of player Dallas would want to keep and build around. It seems to be working as he and Benn are tearing it up.

What I meant was that, they could've drafted those players..

Seguin vs Hall
Landeskog vs RHN
Galchenyuk vs Yakupov

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Not enough. That's why I mentioned Emelin as a starter. Beaulieu is a promising young player but Yakupov is worth a Hell lot more. And the Oilers don't need anymore 1st round picks.

I don't see how we trade away Emelin and a defensive prospect. We'll have too much of a gap on defense, while having overstock on offense. Oilers really need better D. So to them, receiving a defenseman in a trade should have more value than a forward.

Yak's has value, but seeing how things are going this season on how he's used, his behaviour and meshing with the team. I don't think his price would be sky high. Not to the point of having to trade 1 really good physical shutdown D and a promising offensive defenseman, while also adding more...

I think sending a defenseman (prospect or current roster), third liner to fill Yak's spot and maybe a pick could be a good price.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
What I meant was that, they could've drafted those players..

Seguin vs Hall
Landeskog vs RHN
Galchenyuk vs Yakupov

I see...

It's easier to say now that these picks would have made the Oilers much better.

But let's be honest here. If the Oilers had properly built their team, meaning they hadn't gone crazy on using their picks forwards while neglecting their defense, I strongly believe that team would be better.

The Oilers are stacked on the forward lines. But they have no support from their defense. And when they play in their zone, it's just not that good.

The way I see it, Oilers are burning their prospects. Expecting them to win by outscoring the opponents with all the talent they have on 2 lines. It just doesn't work that way unless the players are insanely good.

I can't be totally convinced about this, but I still strongly believe that if the Oilers had balanced their rebuild, those picks would look much better today.

TeamlessWatcher

Mar 13, 2008
If Nail Yakupov is available, every GM in the NHL will call the Oilers to gauge the offers. If they don't, they are terrible at their job.

MB would call. He probably wouldn't push hard for Yakupov as that isn't really one of our needs right now, but he would call.

DenverHabsFan

Sep 9, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
We have vets who tell Eller not to wave at the crowd, Chuckie not to kiss the logo and PK not to smile. I'm sure they will love Yak.

I'm barely sarcastic. Watching 24CH, my guess is a lot of that comes from "face de boeuf" Gorges. Seems like he would be the perfect vet presence the Oilers need. :sarcasm:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Yak's value is at its lowest it will ever be. MB should call, but I'm not sure if he will make any offer.

Personally, I wouldn't mind trading Beaulieu and a 1st round pick and go from there.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
If Nail Yakupov is available, every GM in the NHL will call the Oilers to gauge the offers. If they don't, they are terrible at their job.

MB would call. He probably wouldn't push hard for Yakupov as that isn't really one of our needs right now, but he would call.

Montreal could use a high scoring winger, yeah...

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Everyone knows how MB looks for "character" but Yaks skill is so high, he would be the winger we havent hand in ages.

His skill is so high, his 2 goals this season were the things legends are made of... but don't let the facts get in the way.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Montreal don't have the available assets to trade for him.

So if they offered Subban and Galchenyuk that still wouldn't be enough? :shakehead

The Habs have the assets to trade for anybody they want, it's just wether the price is doable or not.

I could see Yakupov fitting in in Montreal but not sure MB wants to give up what he would cost.

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
I would. Beaulieu is our only left-side defensmen in the system capable of filling in Markov's shoes if he ends up leaving at free agency.

I'd be on board with that, just re-sign Markov, add Gorges to sweeten the pot, take a tough guy back as well and get'r done. I like Josh but he has not played as well as I hoped after signing the extension.

Yak and Galch are magic, would improve our offense big time.

Kylington

Slim Shady
Jan 17, 2013
I still draft Hall-RNH-Yak over those. Considering their drafting years, the Oilers have taken the best player every years, except maybe on 2012 Glach is leading the race now.

I'd definitely have Landeskog over RNH. Brings way more to the table... not saying that cause I'm Swedish but I think it's pretty obvious.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
His skill is so high, his 2 goals this season were the things legends are made of... but don't let the facts get in the way.

Two other facts you may like :

17 goals - 31 points in 48 games (rookie season) ;
Yakupov played mostly on the third line this season.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
What do people think about:

Gorges + Plekanec + McCarron/Crisp

There are several good shutdown defenceman on the FA market this year and Emelin will be back from injury, I'm sure the impact of losing Gorges would be minimal and only recognizable for this year. Considering his contract, this may be a good move for us moving forward.

Losing Plekanec would be a real blow to our team right now, Galchenyuk isn't ready to play in the top-6 as a centre and Briere/Desharnais have been very underwhelming. That being said, Galchenyuk has shown consistent improvement and is expected to be at centre next year.

McCarron is a 1st round pick who has been underwhelming, Crisp is a later round pick who has done well. Both bring the size and physicality Edmonton needs. I don't want to move any prospects, these are just the ones I think Edmonton may be interested in.

I think it would be a harsh transition for our current roster but, I think it could mean a pretty incredible return in the coming years.... even as early as next year.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Two other facts you may like :

17 goals - 31 points in 48 games (rookie season) ;
Yakupov played mostly on the third line this season.

Have you seen him play without the puck? He's atrocious. Have you seen his attitude since being reminded you have to earn your spot on the team? Pathetic. Dp we need another player like this on this team? I don't think so. We have the talent to score goals, bringing in a player like this doesn't make sense, we would have to give up pieces of our core.

Not worth the gamble in my mind. This team needs the players to give our kids the room to score.

hogtownhabsfan*

everyone would be interested in Yakupov but depends what the Oilers are asking for

Beaulieu + Fucale + 2014 1st round pick

would be my best and only offer

I'd give up one of McCarron/Collberg before next years pick. Do think Fucale and Beaulieu would be the base of the package though.

I also think the Oilers would be interested in taking on Travis Moen, not so much as an asset, but rather as a veteran cup winning leader who can help in the locker room. Not to mention be a solid/good bottom 6 player.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
I'm quite sure Edmonton has little interest in picks and prospects unless they're NHL ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->