Speculation: Is MB interested in Yakupov?

penalty shot*

Look at Chicago they just keep their elite guys and tinker around them, that's what i'd do.

agreed and that's how you do it

you don't pay Gio, Gorges , DD , and Briere nearly 18 mil on a team stuck in the middle of the pack

Habsterix*

I wouldn't be opposed to Vanek, but we do need a goalscorer. Against Ottawa in the series we couldn't buy a goal. Don't tell me Anderson is impenetrable. There aren't tons of those players available, the last one was Bobby Ryan. Yakupov is a great fit.
I'd target Vanek well ahead of Yakupov.

PricePkPatch*

... only in terms of capspace. Unless MB is Pejorative Slur enough to trade for him during the season with no guarantee whatsoever of coming back.

There is no point trading for Yak unless we get some sort of discount in return, right?

Bieber fever

Mar 7, 2010
Westmount
edmonton is a **** hole ,

Im a huge fan of yakupok , imo he will be a 85-90 points player. It's our chance to get a franchise winger for "cheap " .

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
This board will explode if another GM acquires Yakupov for cheap.

I expect him to be traded somewhere soon, I am curious what the cost will be.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Yakupov will have some place in the NHL, if there's room for Michael Ryder, there will be room for Yakupov.

We won't be able to get him, but if he were here, he'd be in a better environment. Galchenyuk, he knows. Therrien, though flawed in some respects, at least has the sway over the players still. Galchenyuk is giving his efforts on D even if it isn't his forte; I haven't seen a "controller disconnected" moment from him. Even Subban still is playing well(and getting a fair share of icetime, although excluded from "critical situations) even if they butt heads quite a few times. And we have that sports psychologist Eller credits a lot to helping him out.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

Im a huge fan of yakupok , imo he will be a 85-90 points player. It's our chance to get a franchise winger for "cheap " .

I doubt he ever gets close to those numbers, he'll be a goal scorer in the mold of a poorman's Kessel.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010

When Edmonton traded Paarajvi for Perron what did they expect would happen? They needed 'D' but let's ignore their needs and add to a position that includes a #1 overall pick and Eberle. Edmonton should of traded Yakupov before they got Perron, I have no idea why they thought this was a good idea.

DrunkenHabz

Jan 10, 2012
Take a look at Yak's shift in the 3rd vs Florida with a 1 goal lead. 3 mistakes on the shift got him stapled to the bench for the last 8 minutes of the game.

If he's already disgruntled with Eakins, imagine what'll happen when Therrien calls him out in public. Larionov is supposedly unhappy with his usage because he's playing on the 3rd and 4th lines. Where would he play if he were a Hab? We've already learned that breaking up the kid line at this point is not a good idea. He can't play on Pleks line because he's a black hole defensively. So he'd be playing on the 3rd / 4th line here also.

You can't deny his talent, and the Habs can use a pure sniper like him. But at this point he just isn't a fit. And who knows how much he'd cost.

Sure he'd fit. If Yakupov ever comes our way, you can expect some of our good players to go the other way. That makes room.

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Will he call? Maybe. Will he listen? Of course.

I never would have guessed the Oilers would have traded away a solid top 4 d like they did Smid. We don't know what the Oilers plan is, but if Yakupov is available you have to at least listen.

That being said, I really don't see how this happens. I've tried lots of combos out and nothing seems to work well for both teams.

But maybe they're looking for something specific and non-obvious. Contract, Corsi, games played (Friedman said the Senators went out looking for players who had played around 400 games because they wanted to show the young players on the team that they didn't have to wait to take a leadership role), etc.

It seems very unlikely.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I was thinking the same for a brief period........BUT then I really think Beaulieu has superstar potential......

He's pretty horrid defensively. There are just certain things Beaulieu does that make me think he has zero chance of being anything but a second pairing + PP guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->