Speculation: Is MB interested in Yakupov?

penalty shot*

Did i read someone who said trade Eller for Yak ?

How the **** can the Habs trade their best center for a right winger ?

agreed Eller gives us a legit big c we haven't had in years

yak is solid but walk away on him

the khl and other factors scare me

penalty shot*

Everyone knows how MB looks for "character" but Yaks skill is so high, he would be the winger we havent hand in ages.

He knows he is friends with Galchenyuk and they will play well together. Also he will be on a team with Markov and Emelin. All 3 of them will not make him want to go to mother russia to play in the KHL

the Oils messed up

this team cant defend and has no goalie

wasted pick on this one dimensional player , at the draft it was said the Oils got some good offers for #1 but never took it

they should of taken Galchy if they kept the pick , I don't care , top 2 centers are non replaceable and more important than small one dimensional wingers

down the middle stars , franchise d and goalies carry top you to cups , wingers mainly are support players

Kane is great but Towes and Keith are the true horses

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
I answered the poll without reading the question, thinking it was the same as the thread title.

1) Is MB interested in Yakupov? (Title of this thread)

Probably not. I don't think he is interested.

2) Will MB call about Yak? (Title of the poll)

Absolutely (Probably already has). Every GM in the league will call.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Interested maybe... But I hoping MB isn't willing to give anything.
Yak is explosive player but one dimentional. Yak isn't was the Habs need.

Unless it is for DD & Gionta I'm not interrested

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I sure hope that Bergevin doesn't go after YaKHLupov...

That would be so foolish and inexcusable. MB should definitely kick some tires on a recent first overall pick who scored 17 goals in a shortened rookie season.

Given your track record regarding "russian" players, I'm not surprised this is your opinion.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Would be nice to add him, but I do not think Edmonton would trade him even with these circumstances. His value is not where it would be to get something that could improve the club now and in the future because of his start, and even if it was it would definitely take a nice package to part with him.

Only thing that makes it possible for Yakupov to be moved is that he plays for an organization that has been a bit of a joke for the longest of times, and either MacTavish makes a panic move or, perhaps even more likely, the higher ups force him to do so.

He is not perfect and has major issues in his game, but he's talented and LOVES the game, I can see it in his stride. I would not give up on him yet.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
Well if we do i hope that MB doesn't offer near what Oiler fans are asking for.They seem to really believe that they will get a kings ransom for the guy which of course is just a joke.
As long as Tinordi and the usual suspects,Patches,Gally,Eller,Subban,Price are not involved than i'm fine.Adding any one of them in any proposal to get Yak would be just a big mistake on our part.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
If Yak had a say on where he wanted to go, then MTL would have a huge chance on landing him. Since he doesn't, he will go to the highest bidder and I doubt MB would risk our core, which is probably what EDM wants for him, so I do not see Yak in a habs jersey.

Habsterix*

That would be so foolish and inexcusable. MB should definitely kick some tires on a recent first overall pick who scored 17 goals in a shortened rookie season.

Given your track record regarding "russian" players, I'm not surprised this is your opinion.
Yes, turn that personal Andy (as you usually do) instead of understanding the rational behind it. In your conspiracy world, I bet I'm the one convincing the NHL GM's to be reluctant in wasting draft picks on Russian players, right? :shakehead

The fact and the matter is that it's a huge gamble. The guy is as far as it gets from being a team player so far this season, unwilling to buy into a system which could make his team better. Backchecking and hitting is not his style, according to his own words. So let's get him and when he doesn't do it here either, watch him pull a Perezhoggin on us. That'd be so much fun!

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
If Yak had a say on where he wanted to go, then MTL would have a huge chance on landing him. Since he doesn't, he will go to the highest bidder and I doubt MB would risk our core, which is probably what EDM wants for him, so I do not see Yak in a habs jersey.

Technically he does have a say.
He could publicly or privately state, It's either Montreal or I'm going to KHL. Thus, no other team will wanna trade for him.

But the chances of that happening are 0% also think it would be pretty awful for his reputation.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Technically he does have a say.
He could publicly or privately state, It's either Montreal or I'm going to KHL. Thus, no other team will wanna trade for him.

But the chances of that happening are 0% also think it would be pretty awful for his reputation.

If Yakupov wants to play for us, he'll sign when he'll be UFA.
That would be the best, 'cause we wouldn't give the moon for him in a trade.

And its a real possibility (depending of his relationship with Galchy).

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Gorges + 1st for Yak. Re-sign Diaz.

one quick question, how do you plan to dispose of the gun you held to macT's head to get him to agree to this deal ? Inquiring minds need to know.

I seriously doubt that the oil move yakupov at all this year and on the slight, slight chance they do, the return will be a lot more than a ( at best) #4 defenseman and a first round pick.

If they resign Diaz they should put the contract in the ice in the corners so that we can actually say that Diaz has actually done something in the corners this year.

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
The only thing that logically makes sense is that Edmonton wants (atleast they should want) D-men. Am I right? They'd be asking for D and draft picks.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Yes, turn that personal Andy (as you usually do) instead of understanding the rational behind it. In your conspiracy world, I bet I'm the one convincing the NHL GM's to be reluctant in wasting draft picks on Russian players, right? :shakehead

The fact and the matter is that it's a huge gamble. The guy is as far as it gets from being a team player so far this season, unwilling to buy into a system which could make his team better. Backchecking and hitting is not his style, according to his own words. So let's get him and when he doesn't do it here either, watch him pull a Perezhoggin on us. That'd be so much fun!

Personal? Or just a simple observation? The latter, methinks.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
The only thing that logically makes sense is that Edmonton wants (atleast they should want) D-men. Am I right? They'd be asking for D and draft picks.

I think they need proven talent at lots of positions. A duo of Bryz and dubynuk does not instill a whole lot of confidence and its mot like they dont have " developing" talent up front. They dont need more prospects or draft picks.

Id guess proven D > young established power forward with a good contract > established goalie under contract

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I am not at all sure I want YAK.
First he is NOT burning up the league right now.
He has proven he is top NHL forward.
and now after just a few games he is making waves about a trade?
He has NOT earned the right to ASK or to demand a trade.
By asking for a trade this early he is telling the NHL I don't care for who I play. OOOPS, not much loyalty there!!
ADD to this the wild overpayment demands from OIL fans, I think the best thing for the Habs to do is NOTHING, let Yak disturb the hell out of the OILERS. Habs just might be dodging a bullet with this guy.

dre2112

Jul 17, 2007
US and A
I like Eller a lot but man is he overrated around here. Anyone that wouldn't trade him straight up for Yakupov is insane

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I like Eller a lot but man is he overrated around here. Anyone that wouldn't trade him straight up for Yakupov is insane

I dunno, I think there is a very large risk involved. Eller is definitely the better player right now, and if Yakupov scores 30 goals yet does not improve the other parts of his game then we would have to ask ourselves if it was worth letting go of a guy Montreal developed and turned into a very good player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad