Is Malkin the best player in the world?

TrustyPatches*

Please tell me you're joking here. Toews is not better than Crosby...

Please tell me you're joking! Toews has more intangibles(heart, compete, grit, tenacity, try hardness and heart(so much i had to list it twice)) than Crosby. /endsarcasm

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Leetch in 93-94 was a machine, putting up 30+ points as a defense man, in the playoffs, is just scary. Clutch was an understatement. One of the best Smythe runs from any player Ive seen, and Id definitely put it above Malkins.

That said, on topic, I dont think there is enough to say Crosby is without a doubt the best in the world. I think when Malkin is playing at his peak, he dominates the game more so than Crosby. I think Crosby is generally more consistent.

Both have carried their teams in the absence of the other and both have very comparable resumes.

Crosby gets the nod from everyone because of his pts/gm and what if factor.

You mean what if Malkin finished his partial seasons at under 100 points, something Crosby has never done?

He's outscored Malkin by 130 points in his career while playing only 29 more games. Where's the what if?

Amp30

Jan 27, 2014
Crosby is the better player, but when they're both at the top of their game, Malkin is the best. Malkin is unstoppable when he's feeling it.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Malkin
548 GP
255 G
414 A
669 P
1.22 PPG

Crosby
577 GP
283 G
521 A
804 P
1.39 PPG.

Crosby's lead in PPG over his first 10 years is comparable to the 10 year primes of the all-time greats like Howe, Hull, Esposito and Jagr.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I've always thought that Malkin has an extra gear that Crosby does not.

Crosby is the better player yet somehow I like to think Malkin is occasionally interplanetarily dominant (not a thing)

I think that's because Crosby is consistently at a high level while Malkin will drop down a few levels then hit super saiyan mode and dominate

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
Crosby, Stammer, Phil Kessel and Seguin are better than Malkin, so no. Giroux is arguably better too.

Some of you guys are seriously delusional when it comes to Malkin. "Extra gear that Crosby doesn't have". "When they're both on their game, Malkin is better". These are some of the most ridiculous statements in the history of hockey.

I wouldn't take Peak Malkin before peak Forsberg.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Crosby, Stammer, Phil Kessel and Seguin are better than Malkin, so no. Giroux is arguably better too.

Some of you guys are seriously delusional when it comes to Malkin. "Extra gear that Crosby doesn't have". "When they're both on their game, Malkin is better". These are some of the most ridiculous statements in the history of hockey.

So you call people delusional for saying Malkin is better than Crosby and then say that Phil Kessel is better than Malkin???

Malkin is better than Crosby this year.

Malkin is arguably the best player in the NHL this season with the other choice being Seguin.

Malkin just had the game ending play in a 0-0 draw. But lets keep underrating Malkin.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
Crosby was better in 06-07 07-08 09-10 10-11 12-13 13-14
This is how I see it by season.

06-07 = 1. Crosby
07-08 = 1. Ovechkin 2. Malkin
08-09 = 1. Malkin 2. Ovechkin (Both were beasts)
09-10 = 1. Ovechkin 2. Henrik Sedin
10-11 = 1 Daniel Sedin 2. St. Louis
11-12 = 1. Malkin 2. Stamkos
12-13 = 1. Crosby 2. St. Louis / Stamkos
13-14 = 1. Crosby 2. Malkin

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa

God, thank Jesus you weren't an NHL Gm then....wow. Crosby is better, but Seguin!?!? Jesus, sounds like someone is picking the hot ticket at the moment and rolling with it. He's proven nothing that justifies he's better than Geno so far in his career. Neither had Kessel. Don't see two scoring titles for either of them. Nor Stammer for that matter, although the guy had his share of Richsrd's

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I really don't understand how anyone could suggest Stamkos is a better player than Malkin.

Do people watch games? Stamkos is the best sniper in the NHL, but that's not the same thing. The guy ghosts more games than any superstar I know. Malkin dominates play, he doesn't just lurk in the reeds and pick corners.

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Haha this made my night. Lmao.

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009

Two of those players are going to go down as all time greats on the 1st ballot.

The rest were merely this generations all stars.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad