Is MacKinnon A Top Ten Player?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
You can make up all the what ifs and assumptions you'd like. I really don't care. The fact is, MacKinnon had more experienced and stable line mates to work with and only managed to finish 4 points higher than Hall.

Playing 2 less games.

Another fact is that the voting was close. That's not a what if. It isn't an assumption. I've already said it's moot because what happened happened, but I don't see why you're getting so defensive about the possibility that, with the voting as close as it was, that MacKinnon finishing the season could have turned things in his favor.

Is your ego really that fragile? That the idea that a great player like MacKinnon might actually have won if a few things had been different? It's not like the hypothetical changes anything. It wouldn't be the first time an uncontrollable situation helped contribute to a player winning an award. It won't be the last time. There are no asterisks by a player's name when this is the case. Hall won it. The end. But that doesn't mean we can't look at this and say "MacKinnon really had a great shot, if he had been able to play the entire season."

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Depends on the time frame. Based off last season ? Yes. Based on the last 3+ years? Probably not?

Reactions: MacBradley

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
7 points on Hall was not winning mackinnon the Hart. Hall was more valuable to his team, which is why he won it. Not because he played those all those extra (2) games

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
7 points on Hall was not winning mackinnon the Hart. Hall was more valuable to his team, which is why he won it. Not because he played those all those extra (2) games
Speaking of which, you going to reply to my counter of you beyond repeating something I addressed like I didn't address it?

Because it seems like a theme here that outside of repeating the same singular argument repeatedly for Hall, the people defending them can't actually defend those arguments against criticisms of them (let alone the other surrounding arguments for how things went as they did)

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I don't think I'd put him there yet, but if he repeats last season's form this season, then yes.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Speaking of which, you going to reply to my counter of you beyond repeating something I addressed like I didn't address it?

Because it seems like a theme here that outside of repeating the same singular argument repeatedly for Hall, the people defending them can't actually defend those arguments against criticisms of them (let alone the other surrounding arguments for how things went as they did)

I’m not replying to your arguments because there’s nothing here to argue.

It’s hilarious that you’re so blinded you called me a homer in one of your posts because how can anyone possibly think Hall should’ve won besides devils fans right??

Plot twist: I’m an islanders fan!!!!

Your thought process right there, that’s what as you said “going full homer” is.

rip

I’m not responding to the “storyline” argument

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I’m not replying to your arguments because there’s nothing here to argue.
You say as you responded to it already by just repeating something I had actively addressed.

Just going to poke the holes in your attempts here yourself, eh?

It’s hilarious that you’re so blinded you called me a homer in one of your posts because how can anyone possibly think Hall should’ve won besides devils fans right??

Plot twist: I’m an islanders fan!!!!

Your thought process right there, that’s what as you said “going full homer” is.

rip

I’m not responding to the “storyline” argument

Nice edit

You do realize that just shows your unwillingness to listen to anything that doesn't serve your conclusion spawns from elsewhere, right?

Because the problem the homer thing posed wasn't that you'd be a homer. It was that you were being nonsensical. Which you still are.

Duh... duh... DUUHHHHH.

The even funnier part is that you say you won't address "storyline" argument when you're entire argument is arguing for a storyline.

Last edited:

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
You say as you responded to it already by just repeating something I had actively addressed.

Just going to poke the holes in your attempts here yourself, eh?

Nice edit

You do realize that just shows your unwillingness to listen to anything that doesn't serve your conclusion spawns from elsewhere, right?

Because the problem the homer thing posed wasn't that you'd be a homer. It was that you were being nonsensical. Which you still are.

Duh... duh... DUUHHHHH.

The even funnier part is that you say you won't address "storyline" argument when you're entire argument is arguing for a storyline.

No it’s not.. mine is based on statistics relative to team. Wtf are you even talking about.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
No it’s not.. mine is based on statistics relative to team. Wtf are you even talking about.
Mine are as well.

Just like me, your entire point is putting those statistics and facts into context to make a point.

Want to try again? Because you don't seem the type to even consider anything but what you already decided.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Mine are as well.

Just like me, your entire point is putting those statistics and facts into context to make a point.

Want to try again? Because you don't seem the type to even consider anything but what you already decided.

Could mack have won the Hart? Possibly yes. Should he have? Probably not.

I’m not arguing about something that’s over. Keep losing sleep over the thought that your guy was snubbed I guess. Idk what to tell you

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Could mack have won the Hart? Possibly yes. Should he have? Probably not.

I’m not arguing about something that’s over. Keep losing sleep over the thought that your guy was snubbed I guess. Idk what to tell you
You've been arguing about it repeatedly a while now. Stop pretending you have any reason to be evading all these arguments you've actively tried to reply to already.

Hall won primarily because of the timing. Both were plenty deserving. Reality tells us why it swung in a certain direction.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
You've been arguing about it repeatedly a while now. Stop pretending you have any reason to be evading all these arguments you've actively tried to reply to already.

Hall won primarily because of the timing. Both were plenty deserving. Reality tells us why it swung in a certain direction.

Like my intial post said, really really stupid argument. I’ll leave you with that

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
To which you've failed immensely at demonstrating to be. Rather you just ran away when challenged to demonstrate as much, like now.

Or maybe I just don’t really care enough to argue about why the league mvp is the league mvp as opposed to muh teams guy? What a concept

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Or maybe I just don’t really care enough to argue about why the league mvp is the league mvp as opposed to muh teams guy? What a concept
Stop. You've been replying and arguing for a long time now... with a LOT of messages.

Pretending you don't care enough isn't going to fool anyone. You act more like someone who just desperately wants the last word.

Reactions: Strait2thecup

Oilerfan1000

Jun 4, 2018
The irony in all this, is neither guy got out of the first round,and the real MVP was excluded because the media has decided the MVP for the regular season can not come from a team that misses the playoffs. My argument, is if a guy is that good to be even considered with his team out of the playoffs, he must be a special talent indeed. Why would you exclude him from voting on a regular season honor. It is mind boggling now the scotch drinking media, have made up their own rules,and this new wrinkle is going to be firmly entrenched until it is not. You know what I mean. They have turned it into a joke. How can you possibly ever give this award to another hockey player who doesn’t make the playoffs? If the media ever does, the the MVP is a real joke.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
just repeat it, and if he does then imo yes he is. He dos a great job of making everybody around him better and imo was the seasons mvp last season.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Technically that's not a last word.

That is fine. Pointing out the hypocrisy of saying I need thevlast word when this guy has been responding to posts of me saying “I’m not having this argument” or something for the last few hours :laugh:

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
That is fine. Pointing out the hypocrisy of saying I need thevlast word when this guy has been responding to posts of me saying “I’m not having this argument” or something for the last few hours :laugh:
What, lol? I'm literally trying to get you to actually defend your claims. I'm interested in having the discussions. You just kept going on for like a dozen posts about how little you care and keep returning stubbornly, lol. Now you're trying to pretend you not just walking away when you "didn't care" is ME going out of my way to just have the last word?

Man, that's like dictionary definition projection there. Wow.

EDIT: lol, he seriously edited the post I didn't reply to, lol

Last edited:

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Look, you can keep saying that, but the actual voting doesn't play that out. It was too close for you to be trying to suggest that MacKinnon finishing 2nd, and extending his gap would have no significance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad