Speculation: Is Kadri going through the motions this year?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
i can agree he should'nt be on the 1st PP. I also agree his game has been lack luster this year. They've both been disappointing. Willy more so however due to the circumstances he created this year
well, Nylander should be the better player and is making more money, but it does look like he's finally rounding into form and helping to get Matthews going. Kadri seems like he's getting worse as the year goes on

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
If there is one player I give slack to this year, it's Kadri. He has had no continuity, forever changing linemates, his role diminished with JT showing up, it's been a journey for him. He hasn't complained, he's sounded mature and positive, a team guy and he's a proven commodity. I've liked him with Kap and Marleau of late, they've had a lot of zone time and looked good defensively.

I'm not turning on Naz, it's been a frustrating year, but he's still a good player with great edge and heart.

Completely agree with this.

They should have kept Marleau & him together this year. Both get more out of each other but Babs insisted in putting Marleau on Matthews wing even though it was obvious it didn't work.

Kadri also lost his role as being tasked with shutting down the other team's top line as this has shifted to Tavares. Babs would be wise to give Kadri this task for some games.

Kadri also misses Komarov. Komarov lacked the skill to be in our top 9 last year but he drags his team into battles and played a heavier pest game. That is the kind of game Kadri thrives on and the two of them fed off each other.

Reactions: DarkKnight

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
well, Nylander should be the better player and is making more money, but it does look like he's finally rounding into form and helping to get Matthews going. Kadri seems like he's getting worse as the year goes on
he's looked much better with AM for sure. I'm still worried about their defensive woes though. They need Hyman back on that line. Or Moore. Somebody that can work the boards and help the cycle.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think Kadri just needs a purpose on the ice and that’s to be a pest and bother the other team 2nd line.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
Because age, potential, team deficiencies and the GM make it so.
Like it or not, that's just how it is. We can only work with what is.

We need to allocate funds to D and are spending way too much on forwards.
Moving forward:

Top 6
LW(?)...Matthews(11.634)...Nylander(6.9)
Hyman(2.25)...Tavares(11)...Marner(?)

Priority 1. Who do you want to play LW with Matthews/Nylander? And how much will they cost? How much will Marner cost?

Bottom 6 (We currently have 7.45 million in the bottom 6 with Marleau + Kessel).

On D we are losing Gardiner + Hainsey.
Rosen/Sandin/Lily are not top 4.
Dermott is still looking to finish his 1st full year and hasn't played top 4 or top 2 yet.
If you move Zaitsev and one of Rielly/Muzzin/Dermott get injured, we are pooched.

We need an NHL top 4 RHD around the 4 million dollar mark.

That's essentially John Klingberg isn't it? Other than an ELC here and there and contracts around the 5 million dollar mark (e.g. Seth Jones), that's as rare a commodity as there is in the NHL.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
That's essentially John Klingberg isn't it? Other than an ELC here and there and contracts around the 5 million dollar mark (e.g. Seth Jones), that's as rare a commodity as there is in the NHL.
I would say one of Kadri/Kapanen needs to become Pesce (4 mil). And then we probably can’t afford the other either.
Depending on who you want to allocate 1LW money to.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Kadri is hurt. Kadri has been given terrible linemates. His ES icetime has been under 13 minutes a game this season, and he's gone from playing 19:22 a game to 14:54.

Despite all of this, he's massively carried the flow of play (53% CF 5v5), his production is not down that much (1.54 p/60 instead of 1.8 last year), and he's drawn 18 penalties. In other words, he's actually played really well, even if his point totals are predictably down.

We unfortunately might have to trade him for far less than he's worth, because we have Marleau and Zaitsev on the roster.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Kadri is hurt. Kadri has been given terrible linemates. His ES icetime has been under 13 minutes a game this season, and he's gone from playing 19:22 a game to 14:54.

Despite all of this, he's massively carried the flow of play (53% CF 5v5), his production is not down that much (1.54 p/60 instead of 1.8 last year), and he's drawn 18 penalties. In other words, he's actually played really well, even if his point totals are predictably down.

We unfortunately might have to trade him for far less than he's worth, because we have Marleau and Zaitsev on the roster.
How many teams would Kadri be a 2C on?
Before any value decreases. He was coming off back to back 30 goal seasons before he shuffled down the lineup. Even so, he’s on pace for 44 points making 4.5 million.
That would be great for us if we hadn’t spent the money on every other forward and not D.

Move him while he has the value. Add Brown to the trade.

RLF

May 5, 2014

Nylander is helping to get Matthews going? Matthews is driving that line, especially the past 3 games and if anything is helping Nylander. imo

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Every thing Kadri touches on the PP goes to crap, very odd to see.

Not only does he squander a ton of opportunities given to him there, his giveaways have to be the most noticeable on the PP.

He's not hitting as much either, which is strange and sucks.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Not only does he squander a ton of opportunities given to him there, his giveaways have to be the most noticeable on the PP.

And yet, he remains there

RLF

May 5, 2014

I sometimes wonder if he sees all the flybys many of our other players do and it starts to become everyone's game on the team. It just becomes everyone's style of play. He also might think, they will still get more icetime than me so it's not like putting myself out physically will get me more playing time.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Who would you replace him with on the PP?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
So not even ppg like the what was quoted. Now Kadri is .37 ppg at 5 on 5. Nylander has .36ppg.

As was the discussion but hey if you look hard enough you can find a stat that you can hang your hat on.
why do I have to use points per game? I think factoring in minutes played is important

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad