Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
rFJAROc.png

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Roster isn’t as good as most think but it’s made worse by Maurice running two checking lines for some insane reason. No team will fire a coach coming off a WSF and currently in first place in their division but Maurice is a bad coach who will be fired eventually when the wins and losses start to match the underlying numbers.
Wheeler
Scheif
Laine
Connor
Ehlers
Roslovic
Little
Buff
Trouba
Morrissey
Etc etc

That's easily a top five team

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Wheeler
Scheif
Laine
Connor
Ehlers
Roslovic
Little
Buff
Trouba
Morrissey
Etc etc

That's easily a top five team
Here’s the thing, though. I agree those are all top six forwards or top three defencemen but outside of Scheifele and arguably Morrissey, those are all good to very good players but not elite. Not that it’s easy to find elite talent but don’t mistake good players for great ones.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg

He clearly isn't the man to take this team to the cup. The Jets have one of the best rosters in the league and I'm shocked he lasted this long but he ain't it, chief.

Haha, fan feeling small inside about his own team and showing it.

I has a sneaking suspicion he will be sticking around :sarcasm:

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Clearly you don't watch any jet games
Actually, let’s have this conversation.
This season, Wheeler has the highest percentage of offensive zone starts in his entire career, at 58.5%. From 2013-14 through 2016-17, his age 28-30 seasons, he had CF% rel. of 2.7, 5.7 and 8.4(!). His FF% rel. was 3.8, 5.5 and 8.6(!). His previous two seasons he’s had a CF% rel. of -1.7 and 0.1 and a FF% rel. of -0.2 and 0.8. There is no shame in declining in your early 30s but don’t decry anyone who points it out of being blasphemous or “not a fan”.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Hot takes anyone? Is laviolette better with his roster? How about Babcock the highest paid coach? Both teams are 2nd in their division.
Leafs are 2nd because the Lightning are in their division. They're the 3rd best team in the NHL(gunning to reclaim their spot at 2nd overall)

Reactions: thegr8one66

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Here’s the thing, though. I agree those are all top six forwards or top three defencemen but outside of Scheifele and arguably Morrissey, those are all good to very good players but not elite. Not that it’s easy to find elite talent but don’t mistake good players for great ones.
I'm going to assume you are trolling or just really dense. Wheeler is 9th in the league in points, 9th. I think it's fair to say that's elite. And how many elite players do top teams have? Your posts are so bad I can't even argue, it's just ridiculous. I could go on and on but I think you'd just troll me more.

Reactions: Deedog99

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Leafs are 2nd because the Lightning are in their division. They're the 3rd best team in the NHL(gunning to reclaim their spot at 2nd overall)
Doesn't diminish Maurice as a coach. If leafs go out in first round again is Babcock a bad coach?

Riddum

Nov 5, 2008
Montreal
What more do you want??? A team would be lucky to have 1 elite player. You just said they have 2 and then a bunch of good to very good players but you act as if it's not impressive. Their roster is absolutely elite on paper.

Top to bottom, I can't name you 5 better teams on paper.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Doesn't diminish Maurice as a coach. If leafs go out in first round again is Babcock a bad coach?
Babcock makes some odd decisions sometimes, but I'd take him over Maurice any day.

PM isn't the worst coach the Leafs have had, but he definitely wasn't on Babcock's level.

Reactions: thegr8one66

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
When a team becomes elite. The regular season means little. In 5 years we can go back and compare Maurice to Babcock. Until then it don't matter!!!

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm going to assume you are trolling or just really dense. Wheeler is 9th in the league in points, 9th. I think it's fair to say that's elite. And how many elite players do top teams have? Your posts are so bad I can't even argue, it's just ridiculous. I could go on and on but I think you'd just troll me more.
If you want to argue how elite Wheeler is, see the other post. You don’t seem to have an argument beyond “he’s ninth in the league in points”.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Most of Wheelers points are because he plays all 2 minutes of every pp which was on fire until maurice decided to f*** with that also

Everything Maurice has changed has turned to shit. Hes tried it all... Except breaking up the Jets real coach Blake Wheeler and Assistant Mark Scheifele who have sucked for some time now. All of 2019.

Lol at Paul Maurice being the coach.. Hes not Wheeler is .

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
If you want to argue how elite Wheeler is, see the other post. You don’t seem to have an argument beyond “he’s ninth in the league in points”.
Does one need another argument other than he's in the top ten in the LEAGUE in scoring lol. I mean if a guy is in the top ten in scoring and has been for the past few seasons, couldn't one say that that alone makes him elite? lol He's top five in scoring over the past five seasons. Kane, McDavid, Kucherov, Crosby, Wheeler. Just a fluke I guess?

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Does one need another argument other than he's in the top ten in the LEAGUE in scoring lol. I mean if a guy is in the top ten in scoring and has been for the past few seasons, couldn't one say that that alone makes him elite? lol He's top five in scoring over the past five seasons. Kane, McDavid, Kucherov, Crosby, Wheeler. Just a fluke I guess?

Yes. Cuz hes owned 5 on 5. His entire line is. His points are 90 percent PP points.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
I don’t disagree that Wheeler hasn’t been terrific the past few years up until this one. The fact that you seem to be arguing is that he hasn’t regressed in any way. The assist numbers look nice, I don’t deny that but elite hockey players drive possession at a FAR better clip than this year’s version of Blake Wheeler.

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
Most of Wheelers points are because he plays all 2 minutes of every pp which was on fire until maurice decided to **** with that also

Everything Maurice has changed has turned to ****. Hes tried it all... Except breaking up the Jets real coach Blake Wheeler and Assistant Mark Scheifele who have sucked for some time now. All of 2019.

Lol at Paul Maurice being the coach.. Hes not Wheeler is .

These are some classic HF posts,

Reactions: kylbaz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad