Not open for further replies.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Paul reading this thread

tenor.gif

LD29

Jan 19, 2019
I guess the best thing they could do going in to the next season is trading a 1st round pick+Laine for Draisaitl. Then they would have a high end center player that can also play as a winger. An absolute reliable workhorse that scores just as good as Laine. Plus there is no downside, he doesn't entirely stop performing for 75% of the season.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
I guess the best thing they could do going in to the next season is trading a 1st round pick+Laine for Draisaitl. Then they would have a high end center player that can also play as a winger. An absolute reliable workhorse that scores just as good as Laine. Plus there is no downside, he doesn't entirely stop performing for 75% of the season.
No

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Roster isn’t as good as most think but it’s made worse by Maurice running two checking lines for some insane reason. No team will fire a coach coming off a WSF and currently in first place in their division but Maurice is a bad coach who will be fired eventually when the wins and losses start to match the underlying numbers.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Hot takes anyone? Is laviolette better with his roster? How about Babcock the highest paid coach? Both teams are 2nd in their division.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I think he is completely mediocre. I think the Jets got as far as they did last year in spite of him. Not a bad coach, but he isn't going to win you a series on his coaching alone. Not a difference maker. There was a reason why he has only made the playoffs 4 times in 19 years up until last season.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
With a real coach they’d go 82-0 apparently.
More like sometimes teams have fluke seasons and their records regress horribly the next year. The weird thing is, the Jets were tremendous last year. They deserved their record and as good as they did in the playoffs, they somewhat underachieved by losing to an inferior Vegas team in the WSF. All signs pointed to them doing more of the same this year. They’ve gone from being a dominant possession team with a great record to a mediocre to poor possession team with a great record. They will make the playoffs this year with the cushion that they have but if this level of play persists next year and nothing changes, it is extremely unlikely they even make the playoffs let alone be one of the top teams in the league.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
Yes, clearly Jets ownership should jettison the coach who is in 4th place in the league after getting to the 3rd round in the playoffs last year. What a morale boost that would be for the players, fans and employees of the team. Great idea!

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
More like sometimes teams have fluke seasons and their records regress horribly the next year. The weird thing is, the Jets were tremendous last year. They deserved their record and as good as they did in the playoffs, they somewhat underachieved by losing to an inferior Vegas team in the WSF. All signs pointed to them doing more of the same this year. They’ve gone from being a dominant possession team with a great record to a mediocre to poor possession team with a great record. They will make the playoffs this year with the cushion that they have but if this level of play persists next year and nothing changes, it is extremely unlikely they even make the playoffs let alone be one of the top teams in the league.

Major problem last season was more able players (Helle, Scheif and Wheeler for example) were gassed by that round. And the way that Maurice continues to lean on Scheif-Wheeler, he hasn't learned his lesson.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Major problem last season was more able players (Helle, Scheif and Wheeler for example) were gassed by that round. And the way that Maurice continues to lean on Scheif-Wheeler, he hasn't learned his lesson.
And Wheeler is a shadow of even his last year’s self.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Can somebody please explain what is so great about Jets' roster? I'm not saying that it's bad but I don't get the hype.

By far the tallest and heaviest roster in the NHL. Mixed in with their skill and you have a tantilizing blend of size and skill built for the rugged playoffs.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I don't get why he would go, the team did extremely well last year and are doing amazing this year considering Laine has basically disappeared for 95% of the games they've played so far.

If Laine was playing up to his normal level, I don't think we're having this conversation.

Maurice should be given at least one more playoff run, I don't get how you can fire a guy that took you to the conf finals last year and is now having you be a top 3 team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad