Is it time for Paul Maurice to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Arent they like 4th in the nhl?
I dunno. I listened to him on tsn radio the other day and he seems really in tune with today’s players. I remember him when he first came in to the league. He’s mellowed a lot.

No coach lasts forever. But if he keeps going to the semis and they don’t fall off a cliff anytime soon why the hell would you get rid of him!?!

Reactions: hamzarocks

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The Jets are 4th overall, Maurice isn't the best coach in the world but he's still a good coach. I think the Jets are happy with him.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Wait......the coach who lead his team to top 4 finish last year and currently is 3rd overall in the entire NHL while the team has suffered significant injuries to their 1D and top 6 winger along with others......your complaining about 3rd OA in the NHL?

Oh brother.......

So many underachieving teams out there and OP complains about the 3rd OA team. Yikes

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Chevy is not getting rid of Maurice anytime soon.

giphy.gif

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
This thread must be a joke- gonna seriously consider firing a coach with the 3rd place team in the league after 54 games and a 6-3-1 record over the last ten with injuries to key personnel? I mean the Leafs are 5th with a 5-4-1 record with little or no current injuries so should Babcock be fired? Give your heads a shake gentlemen. Maybe they should bring back Claude Noel.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Morrisey is the best defenseman and he's out right now. Buff just returned. Jets probably add a center at the deadline. Laine can't hit the net for whatever reason. No need to panic team will heat up down the stretch.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Damn, your team gets slapped by the Habs once and it's time to fire your coach on the main board. Can't wait for the Babcock threads tomorrow night.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Yes since Quenneville left, the Hawks have put themselves into position to challenge for a wild-card. That's how good he was.
Chicago... and about 8 other teams. It's not like he's won with quality veteran rosters in the past, right?

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Roster isn’t as good as most thinkbut it’s made worse by Maurice running two checking lines for some insane reason. No team will fire a coach coming off a WSF and currently in first place in their division but Maurice is a bad coach who will be fired eventually when the wins and losses start to match the underlying numbers.

Yes it is

There's like 9 players on that team maurice could put in the top 6

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
I realize that the two teams are completely different, but as an Oiler fan I feel pretty aware that changing a coach doesn’t magically make a team better.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Honestly, I never understood the level of hype around Winnipeg last year. They are a top team in the league for sure, but I think some of the media had them in the same light as Tampa. Honestly seems like a team who played a little over their heads last year and have come back down to earth a bit with some key injuries/slumps

Scheifele missed 22 games last year. Trouba missed 27 games. Buff missed 13 games. Perreault missed 12 games. Don’t think the man games lost is all that different. We’re also on a very similar pace to last year.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
By far the tallest and heaviest roster in the NHL. Mixed in with their skill and you have a tantilizing blend of size and skill built for the rugged playoffs.

And they can play a fast game if they want. Ehlers is one of the fastest skaters in the league
They have a lot of variety
With speed like ehlers and connor
Size with scheifele, wheeler, buff and Lowry
A big hitter like buff
And a shot like laine(unfortunately it hasn't been up to par)
They have a well balanced team with a mix of everything

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I dunno. I listened to him on tsn radio the other day and he seems really in tune with today’s players. I remember him when he first came in to the league. He’s mellowed a lot.

No coach lasts forever. But if he keeps going to the semis and they don’t fall off a cliff anytime soon why the hell would you get rid of him!?!

Because they're not getting passed the conference finals?

If they lose again before the cup he should be let go. Wasting valuable prime time with this squad

Reactions: thegr8one66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad