Is it time for Paul Maurice to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
I know they lost to the habs, but that's not so much Maurice's fault as it is the Chez Paree effect.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Can somebody please explain what is so great about Jets' roster? I'm not saying that it's bad but I don't get the hype.
I tend to agree with you. Lots of really good young talent and the top three defence are as good as any in the league but the bottom three defence and bottom six forwards outside of Roslovic are nothing special at best and terrible (Chiarot, Morrow, Myers) at worst.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Can somebody please explain what is so great about Jets' roster? I'm not saying that it's bad but I don't get the hype.

-Elite top line

-An under performing 2nd line that is missing it's RW due to injury and it's LW due to whatever VooDoo is hitting him

-A fast, hard hitting 3rd line that is really good at shutting teams down and keeping the puck in the opposing teams zone

-A young, fast, and gritty 4th line that's started to gel

-A SOLID D-core that has a great mix of scoring ability, size, and speed

-A goalie who finished 2nd in Vezina voting last year.

It's a great mix to have. Having a guy like Perreault who can move up and down the lineup and play in any capacity also really really helps.

We are by no means perfect but the team is set up to win.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Good teams can lose to bad teams. Happens all the time. It's how they adjust and move forward that really counts.

My comment was tongue in cheek. Obviously no sane individual would think the coach of a team in 3rd overall who are probably the class of the west needs to be fired. The chez paree effect was more common in the 70's. Google chez pare - it will make more sense.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
He no longer drives possession at even strength. The assists are there and the power play buoyes that but saying he’s the player he was last year is keeping your head in the sand.

TIL: ES points are the only part of hockey. Wheeler has 65 points in 54 games. He could hit 100 points.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Good teams can lose to bad teams. Happens all the time. It's how they adjust and move forward that really counts.

I wouldn’t say we’re a bad team this year. We have a team that battles as hard as any in the league and probably the hottest goalie in the league ove last past 2+ months. You had a really bad game. I don’t think there’s much more to it.

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
They didn't have an answer for the speed. It's what cost them against VGK imo. I don't think that means Paul has to go though. The Jets are an excellent team, and he's part of it.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Honestly, I never understood the level of hype around Winnipeg last year. They are a top team in the league for sure, but I think some of the media had them in the same light as Tampa. Honestly seems like a team who played a little over their heads last year and have come back down to earth a bit with some key injuries/slumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad