Is Bozie easily replaceable?

Is Bozie easily replaceable?

• Total voters

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I think that was more about don't break what's working. If Plekanec was resigned for example I doubt he would be losing his spot to Kadri.

Maybe.

But in terms of what was working, recall that we lost Game 4 and were down 3-1 when Kadri returned.

Do you automatically slot your 2C on to the 4th line in that situation?

Folks also forget that in game 6, we held a 2-1 lead and after 13:16 of the 3rd, Kadri was benched. His line mates weren’t. Bozak wasn’t.

Time On Ice Report Home Team

Looking at the full picture, it just wasn’t a good playoff for him.

It’s probably the start of a downward trend.

In any event, if Bozak moves on, we need to keep him.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Maybe.

But in terms of what was working, recall that we lost Game 4 and were down 3-1 when Kadri returned.

Folks also forget that in game 6, we held a 2-1 lead and after 13:16 of the 3rd, Kadri was benched. His line mates weren’t. Bozak wasn’t.

Come on it's not the start of anything, look I get it but two wrongs don't make a right. I don't think he had a good playoffs but Kadri is still a good player, on a great contract and we'll need him to be good next season.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
...you forgot Jack Sparrow...

giphy.gif

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Come on it's not the start of anything, look I get it but two wrongs don't make a right. I don't think he had a good playoffs but Kadri is still a good player, on a great contract and we'll need him to be good next season.

He’s a very good player. No question.

Careers peak though. We’ll see what happens.

As long as we keep one or the other, we should be fine.

Last edited:

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
He certainly should be. Unfortunately the Leafs have had trouble coming up with quality 3rd/4th line centres recently.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Will be interesting to see what the market is for Bozak. And if he'd be keen on giving a hometown discount. And if the Leafs would even consider bringing him back...

Bozak has his limitations, but he can win a draw, provide some secondary scoring, fill the 2C PP spot, and score a shootout goal. Those guys don't grow on trees.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Will be interesting to see what the market is for Bozak. And if he'd be keen on giving a hometown discount. And if the Leafs would even consider bringing him back...

Bozak has his limitations, but he can win a draw, provide some secondary scoring, fill the 2C PP spot, and score a shootout goal. Those guys don't grow on trees.
What are you going on about? Bozak is USELESS! :sarcasm:

Reactions: The Apologist

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
JVR is criticized all the time for his 5 on 5 play, but remember that he always plays with Bozak, who at this stage of his career cannot create much of anything offensively..
He can win draws and score shootout goals...that's about it...I will be shocked if anyone offers him a contract beyond what a 4th liner would get.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
JVR is criticized all the time for his 5 on 5 play, but remember that he always plays with Bozak, who at this stage of his career cannot create much of anything offensively..
He can win draws and score shootout goals...that's about it...I will be shocked if anyone offers him a contract beyond what a 4th liner would get.

You’re going to be shocked then.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Well you might be right.

Since Plekanec actually took his spot and didn’t give it back and Kadri took the sheltered 4th line and got benched, he’s more “interchangeable” with Plekanec than with Bozak.

Sorry about that.

Bozak was more “useful” to the team in the playoffs.

Appreciate the correction.

You keep clinging to that 3 game sample size buddy. Because at this stage you need to cling to anything you can to save face on your ridiculous position you've held for however long.

Management does not share your opinion, you can count on that.

Again, leave it to Pookie to resurrect this age old Kadri/Bozak debate because of how bitter he is about Kadri breaking out :laugh:

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I try not to be too hard on Bozak but the guy is really just too easy to play against. I sincerely doubt any NHL player has ever had bad thoughts about having to step on the ice against Bozak.

I'd gladly sacrifice his production (most of which is helped by PP1 and playing with our 2nd best goal scorer) for a center who can bring some better defensive play, doesn't need to be sheltered, and a bit of grinding/physicality. Bozak's production really isn't a big factor.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I try not to be too hard on Bozak but the guy is really just too easy to play against. I sincerely doubt any NHL player has ever had bad thoughts about having to step on the ice against Bozak.

I'd gladly sacrifice his production (most of which is helped by PP1 and playing with our 2nd best goal scorer) for a center who can bring some better defensive play, doesn't need to be sheltered, and a bit of grinding/physicality. Bozak's production really isn't a big factor.
What a load of nonsense. And people call out Pookie all the time? His ppp to esp isn't even the highest on the team. 70% of his offense was as ES. Higher than Naz (65%), higher than Mitch (barely 60%). And yes, we know, Bozaks points are always because of someone else.

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You keep clinging to that 3 game sample size buddy.

Maybe this is the problem. You see it as a 3 game sample size. Others call it “games that matter” or “a 1st round exit”

I want him to be a difference maker. Just not in the way he chose to be.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Maybe.

:D

15-how-to-go-fishing-funny-gif.gif

Reactions: Pookie

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
You keep clinging to that 3 game sample size buddy.

You can take this advice from this numbers nerd you need 3 data points to establish a trend, 3 games is 3 data points .... but is it a long term trend, only time will tell?

Yes Kadri got benched but so did Leivo, Borgman, Rosen and Moore and you don't see that impeding their NHL careers .... oh ...ummm

Reactions: The Apologist

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Ok, let’s get this back on track.

If both Plekanec and Bozak go, can the Leafs afford to lose 2 of their top 3 playoff centres?

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I'm not gonna say I'm the best but my mom tells me I've never met a mirror that I haven't liked ... ;) to which I say lucky mirror.

:D ... kidding ... folks it's Friday Fun-day
Listen, my mom tells me Im cool too.... yet I spend most of my day on here....

Ok, let’s get this back on track.

If both Plekanec and Bozak go, can the Leafs afford to lose 2 of their top 3 playoff centres?

All easily replaceable my friend. The replacements were just being held back by a coach and management team that obviously wanted to field a weaker team going forward.

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
One thing I want to say is that I'll be very very sad to see Bozak move on! Hockey aside, he's a feel good story for me, and I'm a sucker for a feel good story. He seems like genuine nice guy - though, I feel the same about a lot of players.

I moved to Regina and went to high school there and played in the Pats minor hockey organization and I think he played in the Pats organization as well.

Yeah, it'll be sad for him to move on; I'm sure he'll come out just fine - I hope he finds a team where he can contribute.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
What a load of nonsense. And people call out Pookie all the time? His ppp to esp isn't even the highest on the team. 70% of his offense was as ES. Higher than Naz (65%), higher than Mitch (barely 60%). And yes, we know, Bozaks points are always because of someone else.
Bozak's always had the benefit of playing with great wingers be it JVR, Marner, or Kessel. He knows how to play with skilled players for sure, but you need to learn to take everything into consideration.

I honestly didn't think Bozak had a bad year, he had some pretty good stretches. But this idea of him creating a notable deficit in the lineup with him leaving is rather overblown. Bozak brings a lot of the things our forward group already has unfortunately. We need other elements.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad