Is anyone else sick of Joe Bowen?

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
People criticizing Joe Bowen? Seriously?

That's Maple Leaf sacrilege. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I know it's hard when the team sucks but I can remember when we used to have real Leaf fans on here. Now it's nothing but a bunch of whining babies.

Jackothy

Jun 10, 2009
agreed. no problems with Bowen here. don't like Millen very much though. Paul Hendrick has no clue about hockey, but he's entertaining and funny at times. just a goofy guy in general.

heh, goofy is pretty well the perfect way to sum him up. I like him though because he doesn't really talk much and doesn't make an ass out of himself. Whenever he is saying something it's usually humoured and entertaing.
Love Bowen, always have and always will. Just an entertaining announcer and makes me laugh a few times a game. Plus holy mackinov is epic.
Can't stand Millen.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
People criticizing Joe Bowen? Seriously?

That's Maple Leaf sacrilege. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

I know it's hard when the team sucks but I can remember when we used to have real Leaf fans on here. Now it's nothing but a bunch of whining babies.
People don't blindly love everything Maple Leafs. Sorry if this is news to you.

Anyways I posted in the PGT, but I ranted a little about Bowen there. I cannot listen to him and I genuinely look for other feeds for the game or just mute it. He's right at the bottom of the list for me, along with Jeanerette and the Detroit announcer whom I can't remember his name. I'm sure some people like him and good for them, he just annoys the hell out of me.

Sort of on-topic, but I'm totally digging the Hurricane's crew. Big thumbs up.

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener

Anyways I posted in the PGT, but I ranted a little about Bowen there. I cannot listen to him and I genuinely look for other feeds for the game or just mute it. He's right at the bottom of the list for me, along with Jeanerette and the Detroit announcer whom I can't remember his name. I'm sure some people like him and good for them, he just annoys the hell out of me.

I think you have to recognize other announcers as well. sure Joe Bowen isn't the greatest but announcers in Florida and other cities are atrocious. I nearly fell asleep one game between Toronto and Florida because the announcing was so poor.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

I think what Army is saying is that no one was whining about Bowen when the team was good. Now it seems that pretty much everything Leaf related gets the tears flowing. Maybe you're a new Leaf fan?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Bowen is alright. He can be over-the-top sometimes but he's better then Cole who absolutely awful now. The one guy I'm sick of hearing is Healy. WTF is his problem? seriously. I like Hughson as well but he's a huge Canucks homer. Listening to him ramble on about Vancouver when it has nothing to do with the game makes me want to mute the TV. He's almost as bad as that anchor for sportsnet west who has a boner for everything B.C.

kevynadams42

May 2, 2010
Bowen is alright. He can be over-the-top sometimes but he's better then Cole who absolutely awful now. The one guy I'm sick of hearing is Healy. WTF is his problem? seriously. I like Hughson as well but he's a huge Canucks homer. Listening to him ramble on about Vancouver when it has nothing to do with the game makes me want to mute the TV. He's almost as bad as that anchor for sportsnet west who has a boner for everything B.C.

Don Taylor, in Taylorian fashion. In Sedinian fashion. In Bertuzzian fashion. Mats Sundin, the Sundinian one.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto

healey makes me laugh now. He is quite the *****.

Hughson is not as bad as you make him out to be. not even close

Silent Knight

45 RULES
Nov 6, 2010
Cypress Creek
And don't get me started on Greg Millen. He is the dumbest, most useless analyst of all time.
Actually I think the dumbest, most useless analyst of all time is...

ray_ferraro150x188.jpg

Ray Ferraro babbles on far too much and half the time
I don't think even he knows what he's trying to say.
The guy is just beyond horrible.

I must say I don't miss Bob Cole going to Montreal, he was the worst he constantly doesn't know who is getting a penalty or what play has been made, I think there should be some age restrictions on these play by play and anaylist guys once you hit 60 you're automatically retired! ;)

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
And Hendrick is just straight up useless. I feel bad disliking him because he is such a positive and happy guy, but put a guy who knows the game between the benches.

:laugh: Man this is so true.

I'm okay with Bowen, not as good as he used to be, but Millen is just awful.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
been sick of him for some time now.

hughson IMO calls the best game.

Was good when he was doing MLB, now he is a ridiculous homer IMO. Bob Cole has the best voice, brings back memories, but he has really gone down hill and should retire.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Actually I think the dumbest, most useless analyst of all time is...

ray_ferraro150x188.jpg

Ray Ferraro babbles on far too much and half the time
I don't think even he knows what he's trying to say.
The guy is just beyond horrible.

I must say I don't miss Bob Cole going to Montreal, he was the worst he constantly doesn't know who is getting a penalty or what play has been made, I think there should be some age restrictions on these play by play and anaylist guys once you hit 60 you're automatically retired! ;)

I've been saying that very same thing regarding posters here.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Was good when he was doing MLB, now he is a ridiculous homer IMO. Bob Cole has the best voice, brings back memories, but he has really gone down hill and should retire.

I agree with the Cole comment. Cole has one of the greatest voices for hockey commentary that I have ever heard. He's just lost his abliity to actually call it.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
healey makes me laugh now. He is quite the *****.

Hughson is not as bad as you make him out to be. not even close

He probably isn't as bad as I said but it seems that way to me. I actually like Hughson, he's one of the better voices in hockey and he's done a great job for CBC for the Jays as well which was a little surprising considering he's a hockey guy. Jamie Campbell :help:

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
In terms of personality, and coming across as the biggest hurtbag alive, he must have been the John Mitchell of his era.

Oh, he most definitely was. I don't understand why they make commentators out of horrible retired ex-backups. Millen, Pang, Healy, the list goes on.

And how can you hate on Mickey Redmond? He may be a Detroit homer, but he knows hockey, and at one time that was a very rare thing for American announcers (Hell, it still is rare a lot of the time).

Pierre McGuire makes me want to punch something.

kilgro

Tank nation
Dec 3, 2007
Toronto
Bowen has lost it, calls a horrible game. Him and Millen together is really really hard to listen to

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He gets name's wrong on occasion, that's understandable but I have a feeling the way to team is playing is affecting our view on him. When the game is intense you can sense it in his voice and that's what I love about him. "GREAT SAVE BY GUSTAVSSON!" But his one liner "holy macana" is really getting old, then again if we start winning it may have a different ring to it.

javier

Jun 3, 2008
You know yesterday was the first time I thought about it, I thought Bowen was intentionally going overboard with some of the Leafs plays in order to make them look better. But still I love him.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Oh great, now that Bob Cole was forcefully exiled for being to 'senile' to call the game (even though now whenever he calls a game on HNIC everyone mentions what a treat it is to have him call it), the eagle-eyed mistake nazis have turned to Bowen. Gotta love Leafs Nation 'The Nitpicking Losers That Unite Us All'.

Bingo! This is perfect. Whiney sucks just lookin' to hate.

Fuggem.

Bob Cole's style and sound is poetic to me. He knows how to bring the drama. It was a dream of mine to one day hear Bob Cole call out "THE LEAFS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!!" ............................... but I know sadly, that day will never come. :cry:

kevynadams42

May 2, 2010
Bingo! This is perfect. Whiney sucks just lookin' to hate.

Fuggem.

Bob Cole's style and sound is poetic to me. He knows how to bring the drama. It was a dream of mine to one day hear Bob Cole call out "THE LEAFS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!!" ............................... but I know sadly, that day will never come. :cry:

You're right, because it will be Hughson. Who will find reason to say "The Leafs win the Stanley Cup....DAHHHNIELL To HEHHHNNRIKK to ALEXANDER EDDDLER"

He loves to say those names with his added inflictions!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad