OT: Iron Chef HFNYR (Recipes/Game Meal or Snack Pics)

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Can you eat feta cheese?

If So, here’s a green bean Greek recipe called Fasolakia. You can eat it without Feta too, but it would be criminal if you could but didn’t.
View attachment 243485
View attachment 243483

Another favorite of mine is a Sugar Snap Pea + Peas salad. Get fresh veggies and make a Lemon + Olive Oil dressing with sea salt.

View attachment 243487

Lastly, and probably my favorite. Another Greek dish called Xorta. Dandelion Greens. Boiled for 20min. Drenched with Extra Virgin Olive Oil + Lemon + Sea Salt. Serve chilled.

The water you use to boil the greens can be drank as a tea. This dish is a Staple in a lot of Greek households.

Horta0.jpg
Thanks man!

Reactions: MyLoveIsBlue

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
pan-seared-min.jpg

This is one I like a lot. Super easy and very tasty. I first ate these at Bamonte's in Williamsburg. Obviously it's best to use a cast iron skillet. I've also made this in an instant pot and it came out great.

Ingredients:
  • 2 (1″-thick) bone-in pork chops
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 3 tbsp. olive oil
  • 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
  • 12 pickled cherry peppers, mix of spicy and sweet to taste, halved
  • 1/4 cup dry white wine
  • 1/4 cup chicken, beef, or vegetable stock
Method:
Preheat oven to 425. Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Heat two tablespoons olive oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork chops and brown on both sides, about 8 minutes total. Transfer pan to hot oven to finish cooking, about 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer chops to a plate to rest. Meanwhile, return pan to stovetop over medium heat. Add remaining oil, garlic, and hot peppers. Cook until garlic just begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Raise heat to high, and add wine and stock. Reduce sauce by half, about 3 minutes more. Spoon sauce over pork chops and serve.

Reactions: Crease

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I didn't even know this was a thing!! I got mad recipes ladies and shrimp!!

Y'all ever had devils on horseback?!?!

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
Bruh how'd you get the crust like that? Looks like Papa Johns!! :nod::nod::nod::nod:
I make my own dough and basically I roll out the dough by hand when I shape my pizzas. In the beginning I had to use a rolling pin because I was a novice at making dough but over time and proper kneading my dough is elastic and stretches out beautifully. Basically I make my dough in the morning cover it leave it in the oven for several hours, then about an hour before I’m ready to cook I divide the dough into smaller individual portions so it rises a second time. Then I’ll sprinkle flour on my work surface and begin pressing down in the middle of the ball so it forms a disc shape but I only do the middle first. The dough will expand in all directions and I always leave a lip at the end, that’s how you form and shape the crust. I’ll flip the dough once and press it again then flip it back and do the steering wheel technique where my fingers run the entire distance of the lip(where the crust is) and I do it like I’m making a turn driving a car, hence the steering wheel technique. Doing this allows gravity to pull the dough and stretch it. Then lastly I’ll stretch it by hand putting both hands under the dough and slowly and carefully pulling my hands away from each other, so I don’t tear the dough. About crusts there’s also different recipes I use depending on what oven I’m cooking in. If I’m blasting a pizza at 800-900 Fahrenheit in my outdoor oven I don’t include sugar/honey in my dough, sugar burns at high temps and will make a black crust. If I'm making pizza in my regular kitchen oven I’ll add honey or sugar.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
I didn't even know this was a thing!! I got mad recipes ladies and shrimp!!

Y'all ever had devils on horseback?!?!

Engrish prs.

BackOfHorse?! I played RDR2. I ate a lot of meat-on-stick.

I love eggs. But... Horseback....?

Spew your cooking Knowledge Jedi-Chef.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Engrish prs.

BackOfHorse?! I played RDR2. I ate a lot of meat-on-stick.

I love eggs. But... Horseback....?

Spew your cooking Knowledge Jedi-Chef.

Gotchu!!

Devils on Horseback is three ingredients; Crumble blue cheese, bacon and figs/dates!!

Take a fig and make a hole in the middle. Then stuff the blue cheese in and close the hole with the fig. Then wrap bacon around the cheese stuffed fig and stab a tooth pick in it to keep it's place. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes at 400F or until the bacon is crispy/cooked.

Presto!! Salty and sweet hors d'oeuvre!!

You could add whatever sauce to bake it with, but I usually like it plain!!

Reactions: Kupo and Krams

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I spent 7 hours yesterday making an authentic Tikka Masala. First time ever making it but it is one of my favorite dishes. I think I overdid it with the hot madras curry powder (I love heat) but to quote JD... “oh baby”. It was delicious. I’ll post pictures when I get back home.

I was planning on making an authentic red curry but couldn’t find K lime leaves on short notice.

Next up is going to be either a Vindaloo or, if I can get Panang curry paste, a Panang curry as that is my absolute favorite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kupo

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I spent 7 hours yesterday making an authentic Tikka Masala. First time ever making it but it is one of my favorite dishes. I think I overdid it with the hot madras curry powder (I love heat) but to quote JD... “oh baby”. It was delicious. I’ll post pictures when I get back home.

I was planning on making an authentic red curry but couldn’t find K lime leaves on short notice.

Next up is going to be either a Vindaloo or, if I can get Panang curry paste, a Panang curry as that is my absolute favorite.
You can find those types of ingredients online. I was able to purchase kafir lime leaf on a Thai ingredients website since I love to eat Thai curry dishes. The website was importfood dot Com.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

I’ve never made Chicken Tikka Masala but I made a killer Butter Chicken recently. Indian cuisine is so flavorful, but you definitely need a wide range of spices.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
Finishing up my last year of law school this coming year.

Need to eat healthier. Anyone have an easy, healthy bachelor recipe that I can make for myself at least a few times a week?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
Finishing up my last year of law school this coming year.

Need to eat healthier. Anyone have an easy, healthy bachelor recipe that I can make for myself at least a few times a week?
Chicken Caesar wraps. Buy some soft flour tortillas (they even make low cal, low carb etc.) and some chicken strips... do what you want to the chicken but I just dust with spices like red fish season or montreal steak etc. and bake on cookie sheet. Make a caesar salad however you want, then wrap it all up. Easy as hell and healthy.

I also use edamame to make asian stir fry with rice noodles... good source of protein and also healthy. I use sesame oil to cook the stiff fry and any veggies (carrots, scallion, broccoli etc.) Boil the noodles first but keep al dente... throw them in last to the stirfry and add an egg if you like and some togarashi (Japanese spice blend in most markets with red pepper and other stuff make i as hot as you want)

Forgot to mention you can panini press the wraps too if you'd like... also good.

Reactions: Matt4776

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad