OT: Iron Chef HFNYR (Recipes/Game Meal or Snack Pics)

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Oh here are some other things - Red curry, Italian style hot peppers with sausage, homemade ramen and a low country boil we did at my house.

The ramen (surprisingly) was one of the more difficult things I have attempted. Especially the seasoned egg.
Seasoned Egg?

What was difficult about the Ramen?

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
My GF and I have been doing taco Tuesday every week and trying to outdo each other. It’s been a real blast! I suggest folks try that... it really gets creative and fun.

Reactions: Kupo

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I don’t really **** with broths. Maybe In the future as I develop my iron chef skills.
Real Ramen is ridiculously complex. Well, it can be. Getting the Tare just right is difficult. Finding ingredients can be tricky. It is one of those things that as much as I love to cook, it is something I am unlikely to ever attempt again. Although it was good, the time, effort and cost just was not worth it.

Reactions: NYR

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Real Ramen is ridiculously complex. Well, it can be. Getting the Tare just right is difficult. Finding ingredients can be tricky. It is one of those things that as much as I love to cook, it is something I am unlikely to ever attempt again. Although it was good, the time, effort and cost just was not worth it.

One of my aunt's specialties growing up were her Greek Stuffed Tomatoes & Peppers. I attempted it once and although it came out great, it's something I never had the desire to make again. Incredibly time consuming. Sounds like Ramen is a headache as well. Maybe I'll try it one day. Or not.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
One of my aunt's specialties growing up were her Greek Stuffed Tomatoes & Peppers. I attempted it once and although it came out great, it's something I never had the desire to make again. Incredibly time consuming. Sounds like Ramen is a headache as well. Maybe I'll try it one day. Or not.
So many Greek dishes are a pain in the ass. Spanakopita for example. Great dish, I'll never make it again!

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

For a less complicated version..I think that's where a pressure cooker comes in really handy.
It just saves so much time.
Also..No matter what you're cooking, always save all the bones then after you've accumulated enough to make a stock, it's just a matter of spice and aromatics.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI

Speaking of Greek, Souvlaki is a regular thing in my house with the feta and tzatziki.. Ughh I'm getting hungry lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Wicked Backhand

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It's that time of the year for glögg
2pxWuiR.jpg

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Thanks! I worked pretty freakin' hard on that meal. But... that will be in for a while. January and February are my months where I go hard for weight loss. No carbs/booze (well, maybe a tiny bit of booze) until March. Which really sucks because I have everything needed at home to make Tikka Masala (one of my favorite dishes). Oh well.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Thanks! I worked pretty freakin' hard on that meal. But... that will be in for a while. January and February are my months where I go hard for weight loss. No carbs/booze (well, maybe a tiny bit of booze) until March. Which really sucks because I have everything needed at home to make Tikka Masala (one of my favorite dishes). Oh well.
Looks incredible and you cooked it perfectly.

Start your diet a day late and make your Tikka Masala:thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->