Injury Report: IR: Brian Lee

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Desjardins vs. Price. Oh, that's gonna go well.

:help:

I am reaching...a lot, on this one, but one of Desjardins starts, in fact, it may have been his first NHL start, was under emergency pretenses in December 2010 against Price and the Habs (they were a playoff team that year) and the Lightning won that game.

So, umm, it would be nice for a reprisal of that. Too bad this can't happen again tomorrow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pVhdLuGLR8

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
I view tomorrow as an impending disaster, so why not try Kristers? I don't think Desjardins can pull a win for us (not down Stammer AND Fippula AND the way we've played lately), so why not give it a shot? What's the worse that can happen? We lose by a gajillion instead of 2-3?

Then again, I'm a gambler.

Good thing I'm a gambler as well. We better start Kristers. Minute I saw him in training camp, I thought he could be an NHL starter. Not this quickly, but he had that look to him. I want him to prove me right.

However, how the hell do we loose two goalies in a night? Just crazy. One was a stupid play by Bishop, but the other was this team being soft. Cooper needs to get on their ass about it. Letting Anders get hurt and no one fighting back is simply unacceptable.

Just glad we have the break. Really worked in our favor given the circumstance.

jg39

SFY is great
Aug 16, 2007
NC
Every time I click on this thread...

computer-smash-o.gif

It's getting really old with all of these injuries. The Olympic break will do this team some good.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Unfortunately no Olympics for Filppula. Looks like Guddy will be called up too:

Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes 37m

Filppula out of the Olympics with a non-displaced fracture of right ankle. Will be out three weeks, the team says.

Ben Bishop has an upper-body injury and is day to day, the team said. Sure sounds as if the there will be a call up for Saturday.

Nice perk for Gudlevskis, assuming he gets called up, makes an easy flight to Atlanta after Saturday's game to catch an NHL charter to Sochi

Voidskipper

Jan 7, 2014
Tampa
[tinfoil hat]
I really think the refs are against the bolts, or any hockey they don't consider kosher. Now I do not believe the NHL would tell the refs to do this, it makes no sense. Certain refs surely do have their favorite teams and probably don't remain impartial. Ignore a holding here, a slashing that fractures an ankle there...it is not out of the realm of possibilty.
[/tinfoil hat]

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
[tinfoil hat]
I really think the refs are against the bolts, or any hockey they don't consider kosher. Now I do not believe the NHL would tell the refs to do this, it makes no sense. Certain refs surely do have their favorite teams and probably don't remain impartial. Ignore a holding here, a slashing that fractures an ankle there...it is not out of the realm of possibilty.
[/tinfoil hat]

The refs were swallowing their whistles the whole game. There's no conspiracy - refs just call games differently. Also, Tampa has benefited bigtime from some favorable calls earlier in the season. It balances out.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the season's now officially in jeopardy. Still a success (the fact we're in this position at all makes it a success), but this is some pretty tragic timing.

Correspondant

Jan 4, 2014
Finland/U.S.
This really makes me mad. Filppula was utterly important factor in Finland's olympic team. Furthermore, team captain also missing (Koivu) because of the injury. And of course, Tampas situation not the best, either.

WakeUpNHL

Mar 9, 2011
Montreal
Ben Bishop concussion issues?

FYI, Montreal beat reporter, Brian Wilde, speculated on TSN690 today that Ben Bishop had delayed concussion effects from collision last week and takes to task the TB coaching staff for allowing Bishop to continue playing after the incident.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Flip's injury is sad and tragic.

Also interesting at timing. He should be back like a week after the break.

So do we see Vladdy?

I am wondering how good this kid really is. He inflated brown and kucherov's stats. He turned around connolly's destructible or laughable season to be honest.

We have way too many elite style set up guys right now. This is all a process and evaluation. If vladdy could come in play third line turn some offense in a couple games with kuch and brown? Purcell has to go the writing is on the wall.

marty drouin fippula vladdy? johnson? purcell would become more than expendable redundant is not even the right word at this point. All those other guys are better two way players lol.

2MinutesforGiraffing

angelsil on safari
Apr 2, 2013
Tampa
FYI, Montreal beat reporter, Brian Wilde, speculated on TSN690 today that Ben Bishop had delayed concussion effects from collision last week and takes to task the TB coaching staff for allowing Bishop to continue playing after the incident.

I hope that's not true. We haven't heard exactly what Bishop is experiencing, so it's impossible to know. Would be sad on several levels if that's what happened.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I doubt it. They wouldn't risk his health for a few more games before the break. He's our MVP. I can't believe they'd be more cautious with any other player than him.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
With Filppula going on IR, Cote being sent down and Stamkos not ready I would think someone would be called up. We have just enough healthy bodies so maybe they chance it but you ccan't trust Salo to make it through a morning skate.

Hope Gudlevski gets the start if called up since he was expected to tomorrow for Syracuse anyway.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay

Concussions are a hard thing to diagnose some times. As someone who has had a few, you may not notice the full affect of one for a week or two or ever. Athletes play through them all the time, and if Bishop felt well and the medical staff cleared him, the coaching staff had no reason to keep him off the ice. Thats not uncommon and as long as no one was faking the procedure to clear him, no one was at fault.

Get well Bish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad