Injury Report: IR: Brian Lee

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's not just you. That happened.

And just to keep the hits coming, Salo injured. If we are going to have any kind of sucess with Stammer out, we need Sami. We need everybody.

Aulie left the game too. Which means we're down to six defensemen, and one of them is Mark Barberio.

Funny how insignificant the loss seems right now. Boston might have just knocked us out of the playoffs.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/bol...131114/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Salo
D Sami Salo took part in Thursday’s morning skate while donning a red practice jersey reserved for injured players.
At the time, the injury wasn’t considered serious and Salo remains listed as day-to-day.

“He won’t play tonight, but he’ll play on this Western trip,’’ Lightning head coach Jon Cooper said.
Aulie
D Keith Aulie, who suffered an upper body injury on Monday in Boston, is on injured reserve and is still a ways away from returning, Cooper said.
Pyatt
C Tom Pyatt, who broke his collar bone on Oct. 8 in Buffalo, has been skating on his own for the past week. He could join the team for the upcoming road trip, but is not ready to return, Cooper said.

Tampa Bay Kiwi

Apr 23, 2013
Pyatt should be close, Collar bones heal to roughly 80% and then don't change for about 2 years. Will be great to have him back.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Pyatt should be close, Collar bones heal to roughly 80% and then don't change for about 2 years. Will be great to have him back.

Who do you think goes back down? Looks like Brown, but I'm wondering if it might be Labrie. Anyone know his waiver status?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Who do you think goes back down? Looks like Brown, but I'm wondering if it might be Labrie. Anyone know his waiver status?

I'd prefer if it was Labrie going back down. IIRC he'd have to clear waivers though.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'd prefer if it was Labrie going back down. IIRC he'd have to clear waivers though.

I'm not sure if they want to do that though. They had that choice last season to add him to the Crunch before the playoffs, but they didn't want to risk it, meaning they think someone would pick him up.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

I'm betting we could deal him. I don't see a big body like that clearing waivers with teams like Montreal so sorely needing size. Might get a late round pick for him, or a fringe defenseman.

I like Labrie, but I feel like Brown is an NHLer right now. And I think there are better big bodies out there that we could acquire if we wanted.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
There's been much better heavyweights placed on waivers and cleared so he should clear. Plus with Malone in his spot I don't see him getting any games anymore so losing him isn't a big deal.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation
Probably Labrie if they're wanting the best possible team in Tampa.

Either Brown or Connolly if they would prefer them to get top minutes over 2nd/3rd line time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There's been much better heavyweights placed on waivers and cleared so he should clear. Plus with Malone in his spot I don't see him getting any games anymore so losing him isn't a big deal.

I'm not so sure he clears with that contract. Could be wrong.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Probably Labrie if they're wanting the best possible team in Tampa.

Either Brown or Connolly if they would prefer them to get top minutes over 2nd/3rd line time.

Connolly looks like he's gonna get top-six minutes with Stamkos out.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Speaking of Malone, he hasn't spent a whole season healthy in some time. Hate to say it, but he might hurt something sometime before Stammer comes back. *knocks on wood* We just had a freak thing where 3 players were injuried in the same game. I say don't risk losing Nacho if we can help it. You don't know when we might need him.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Speaking of Malone, he hasn't spent a whole season healthy in some time. Hate to say it, but he might hurt something sometime before Stammer comes back. We just had a freak thing where 3 players were injuried in the same game. I say don't risk Labrie if we can help it. You don't know when we might need him.

I'm not so sure he's even the best option on that 4th line without Malone. He has some value as a fighter, I guess, since Gudas nor Crombeen are heavyweights (although I'm pretty sure Gudas thinks he is).

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO
Some sort of minor arm issue, with score out of reach no reason to send him back out on the ice RT @Bcurt1364: what happened to Barberio?
Sounds like there was a discussion on whether to send Korobov back to Syracuse tonight, no decision made yet though
Wonder if Barberio getting a bit nicked will allow Korobov to stick around a little bit longer
https://twitter.com/LightningTimes
RT @bestbradever: Any word on Barberio? >> Team says he's fine. Perhaps an arm issue. With game in hand no need to put him out there in 3rd
At least he doesn't have the flu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad