Injury Report: IR: Brian Lee

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Still lots of time.

Any word on Lindback? The original report was "after the Olympics" but I wasn't sure if that was the actual target time or if he'd be recovered during the break.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Still lots of time.

Any word on Lindback? The original report was "after the Olympics" but I wasn't sure if that was the actual target time or if he'd be recovered during the break.
these are both from yesterday

http://tbo.com/sports/lightning/banged-up-bolts-get-back-to-work-20140220/
Bishop and Lindback were on the ice for practice Wednesday, and both anticipate being ready to play when the season resumes.
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...n-track-to-return-after-olympic-break/2166551
G Anders Lindback (ankle) has said he expected to be ready for the Nashville game. But Cooper said if the game had been played Thursday, Lindback would have been scratched. That means G Kristers Gudlevskis, coming off a jaw-dropping 55-save effort for Latvia in a 2-1 loss to Canada in the Olympic quarterfinals, will join Tampa Bay, at least temporarily, as insurance.

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
Great news that Bishop is back. Not sure if Lindback's return is great news. I would like to see our Latvian star as backup.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Great news that Bishop is back. Not sure if Lindback's return is great news. I would like to see our Latvian star as backup.

That might be an option next year, with Vasi eating up the AHL minutes. For now though, there are lots of AHL games for him Kristers to get some experience. He's been capable of huge performances pretty much since he came in. But he still has bad games too.

Glide5

Apr 16, 2012
Tampa Bay
People need to slow down on Kristers, he is still about two years out.

Ya, this is true. But I would like to see him in one NHL game this year, just so he can set the record for first player to play in the ECH, AHL, NHL, and Olympics in one year haha

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...-play-as-lightning-opens-busy-stretch/2167676
I wish it was better," Filppula said. "It's getting better, but not good enough to play with. It's frustrating, but hopefully it starts moving a little faster going forward."
Coach Jon Cooper said Filppula is day-to-day and expects him to play on the four-game road trip that also goes through Dallas, Denver and St. Louis, part of a closing stretch of the regular season in which Tampa Bay plays 24 games in 46 days.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Carle, Johnson, and Filppula didn't participate in the practices proper during the Orlando mini-camp.

Well I knew Flip wouldn't. Johnson was understandable because I remember him taking a few good shots just before the break. I just wasn't sure WHY Carle was missing practice.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Yeah - we definitely could tell that losing our top 2 centers adversely affects our productivity. I love Tommy, but he was out of his depth as #2C (then again we need to really readjust our middle two lines - Purcell has been really ineffective, as has Killorn lately).

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO 23m
Filppula skating with Purcell and Kucherov while Pyatt has been skating with Killorn and Brown

EDIT:

10:24 pm

Anders Lindback with Shutout in first rehab stint for Syracuse Crunch vs penguins wilkes-barre

hope that helps the confidence and a roll starts good job anders

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
No Gudas tomorrow:
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Update on D Radko Gudas, considered day-to-day, but not expected to play tomorrow, will be re-evaluated when team returns home #tblightning

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Gudas left Sunday's game in Colorado with a lower body (left leg?) injury, tried to skate before 3rd but unable, walked gingerly as he left

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Johnson looks to me like he could use a game off too, but is toughing it out because we can't afford to lose another center right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad