Interesting Info: Part XXI (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

wonder how this will affect Premier League, NHL, etc...everything going onto Peacock? Or is ESPN taking over?

EDIT: Looks like Peacock and USA Network it is.

Reactions: MissADD

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Better than ESPN. I wonder if this has been looming or if COVID made problems even bigger

I'm guessing in the works for a while, their programming outside of live sports is abysmal and they already moved some of the bigger EPL matches off to the premium service. Its also an easy(ier) way to boost Peacock subscriber numbers.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I just can't get on board with a name like peacock... whoever came up with that needs canned immediately.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

wonder how this will affect Premier League, NHL, etc...everything going onto Peacock? Or is ESPN taking over?

EDIT: Looks like Peacock and USA Network it is.

Between this and other streaming services falling apart, and all this PLD bullshit... I'm reaching my limit. I really am. I'm starting to get to the point where this is causing me more pain than joy.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Between this and other streaming services falling apart, and all this PLD bullshit... I'm reaching my limit. I really am. I'm starting to get to the point where this is causing me more pain than joy.
Frankly it becomes so exhausting that its practically unbearable

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
CBJ buyouts on the books

Hartnell----this season is the last....then he is 100% off the books

Wennberg---6 years total (~500K for 3 years then ~900K for 3 years)

anyone else still have buyout contracts still counting against the cap?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
CBJ buyouts on the books

Hartnell----this season is the last....then he is 100% off the books

Wennberg---6 years total (~500K for 3 years then ~900K for 3 years)

anyone else still have buyout contracts still counting against the cap?
It's easier to list the folks who don't have such things counting against the cap.

Skimming through teams on CapFriendly, I found twelve teams without buyouts counting against the cap on the record (Boston, Chicago, Colorado, Minnesota, San Jose, St. Louis, Vegas, Washington, and Winnipeg; additionally, the NY Islanders, Toronto, and Tampa Bay sorta-count since the buyouts in question are $0-hit compliance buyouts). And yet, of those teams, all but five have have retained salary transactions on the books (the Islanders, San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, and Washington) - and the Islanders have a buried AHL contract penalty, so they're not clean either. So, realistically, only four teams have a "clean cap" - San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, and Washington.

Not all of those hits are particularly significant - for example, Dallas has only one year of a Nichushkin penalty that's below the NHL minimum salary. Some, however, are pretty horrific - Anaheim and the Rangers in particular are under some really hefty hits. We're kind of in the mushy middle in that regard. As usual, really.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
It's easier to list the folks who don't have such things counting against the cap.

Skimming through teams on CapFriendly, I found twelve teams without buyouts counting against the cap on the record (Boston, Chicago, Colorado, Minnesota, San Jose, St. Louis, Vegas, Washington, and Winnipeg; additionally, the NY Islanders, Toronto, and Tampa Bay sorta-count since the buyouts in question are $0-hit compliance buyouts). And yet, of those teams, all but five have have retained salary transactions on the books (the Islanders, San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, and Washington) - and the Islanders have a buried AHL contract penalty, so they're not clean either. So, realistically, only four teams have a "clean cap" - San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, and Washington.

Not all of those hits are particularly significant - for example, Dallas has only one year of a Nichushkin penalty that's below the NHL minimum salary. Some, however, are pretty horrific - Anaheim and the Rangers in particular are under some really hefty hits. We're kind of in the mushy middle in that regard. As usual, really.

so is Wennberg our only buyout on the books after this year?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Going through a few things tonight and I found a team signed 2003-2004 "Ignite the Night" poster. It will be fun to sit down and try to read most of the signatures and try to remember who they were.

Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad