Interesting Info: Part XXI (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Most of us: this team needs a guy who can skate with the puck, make passes, and enter the offensive zone on power plays

CBJ: let’s bring in another guy who has a really good shot

:whaaa?:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Normally folks would greet his trade with mocking ‘plan the parade’ posts because they recognize an organizational depth trade when they see one.

Maybe it’s just the weird timing, but people are really hung up on this guy for some reason.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Normally folks would greet his trade with mocking ‘plan the parade’ posts because they recognize an organizational depth trade when they see one.

Maybe it’s just the weird timing, but people are really hung up on this guy for some reason.
IMO just a waste of a roster spot if he comes over. That’s one less place for Foudy, Bemstrom, Stenlund, Robinson etc.

Atkinson, Bjork, Laine, Tex, Domi, Jenner, Foligno, Roslovic, Nyquist not much room.

Last edited:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
IMO just a waste of a roster spot if he comes over. That’s one less place for Foudy, Bemstrom, Stenlund, Robinson etc.

Atkinson, Bjork, Laine, Tex, Domi, Jenner, Foligno, Roslovic, Nyquist not much room.
If hes better than anyone on the list thats a positive.

Reactions: I3LI3

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Maybe because 7th round picks are normally spent on young prospects and 18-20 year olds. Markus Nutivaara was a 7th round pick.

it is interesting to spend it on a 28 year old that nobody ever thought was worth keeping in the NHL and actually declined the training camp invite a couple of years ago. I don't think he is coming this time unless he is guaranteed NHL ice time.

Do we even have a transfer agreement/outclaus with the Swiss league? This article says he signed a 4 year deal with Zug.

Carolina Hurricanes: The Mystery of Gregory Hofmann

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Canes fan here. Rumor is he thinks he's a budding HoFer and has stated its NHL or he ain't coming over. He refuses to play in the AHL.

Just because he refuses to play in the AHL doesn't mean he thinks he's a budding HOFer. Elvis refused to play for Cleveland (aside from a few conditioning stints) because he would have rather stayed home and played there rather than play in a minor league. I don't love the move but I can respect him for sticking to his guns. Some people would rather just stay home and be comfortable, and especially now in a global pandemic I can understand that.

But if he wants to come over and give it a try at the NHL level, which apparently he will this year/next year, then we'll see what happens.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Just because he refuses to play in the AHL doesn't mean he thinks he's a budding HOFer. Elvis refused to play for Cleveland (aside from a few conditioning stints) because he would have rather stayed home and played there rather than play in a minor league. I don't love the move but I can respect him for sticking to his guns. Some people would rather just stay home and be comfortable, and especially now in a global pandemic I can understand that.

But if he wants to come over and give it a try at the NHL level, which apparently he will this year/next year, then we'll see what happens.

I suppose I can see that angle. The guy was a 4th round pick, is 28 and hasn't played in NA yet. If you think its worth giving him a guaranteed roster spot more power to the Jackets. I think the Canes brass realizes we have enough in the pipeline and on the roster that a 7th round pick is more useful

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

I suppose I can see that angle. The guy was a 4th round pick, is 28 and hasn't played in NA yet. If you think its worth giving him a guaranteed roster spot more power to the Jackets. I think the Canes brass realizes we have enough in the pipeline and on the roster that a 7th round pick is more useful
Elvis only signed to burn off his required entry level contract. Does that even apply in this circumstance with Hofmann?

In either scenario, If I was making somewhere in the ball park of 1/2 million dollars in Switzerland, I wouldn't be too interested in making the pro-rated equivalent of $70k to play in the AHL for a couple of weeks and potentially risking injury if I knew I was worth more than that. He and his agent seem to think he can get a one way deal. If he gets a 1 way deal and isn't subject to an entry level deal at age 28 he could make more money in both the AHL or NHL than he is making in Switzerland.

EV Zug's Grégory Hofmann wants to play in the NHL next year

Reactions: OscarsCards

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
This is actually pretty crazy

In Panarin’s two seasons with the Blue Jackets, they were an astounding 17-6 in games that ended in overtime, by far the highest winning percentage in the league. Only Pittsburgh (17) won as many OT games in those two seasons.
Since Panarin left, the Jackets are just 8-14 when games are settled in OT, including 0-3 this season, including Saturday’s loss to Chicago after only 35 seconds. Those 14 losses are more than any other team. Anaheim is second with 10.

Panarin had five OT game-winners with the Blue Jackets, but his greatest gift as a player was making everybody around him better by drawing so much attention when he had the puck. Seth Jones had four OT winners in those two seasons.
Sunday gathering: Roslovic’s surprise, Peeke’s layoff, and OT without Panarin
Sunday gathering: Roslovic's surprise, Peeke's layoff, and OT without Panarin

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
This is actually pretty crazy

Sunday gathering: Roslovic’s surprise, Peeke’s layoff, and OT without Panarin
Sunday gathering: Roslovic's surprise, Peeke's layoff, and OT without Panarin
It's not that surprising, we don't have anyone who is even close to Panarin is terms of possession of the puck. That's the main the skill required in OT. Hopefully Roz and Laine can win us some games but expect plenty more OT losses. Especially against players like Kane and DeBrincat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad