Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Scott Harrington is third in the entire league out of all d-men when it comes to 5v5 points/60.

Woah.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Out of all defensemen with more than 200+ minutes so not really lol

I wouldn't call it an extremely small sample, but 200 mins is still a small sample for points.

And per our earlier conversation on secondary assists and "noise", all but two of Harrington's points are secondary assists.

So to the surprise of no one, Scott Harrington isn't on track to to be a superstar. :laugh: He's been a solid bottom pair guy this year, let's give him credit for that.

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Wasn't saying Harrington has been bad.. just didn't think he got enough ice time to not have a semi-small sample size --- considering Torts habit of cutting the bench down every other game.

Reactions: Monk

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So in the midst of looking up TOI for other reasons...I came across this...

20181205_222155.jpg

Reactions: Palm Tree

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It probably means Torts spreads out ice time evenly :sarcasm: because all of our guys are equally good or equally bad :sarcasm:. :dunno:

There does seem to be some thought that unbalanced TOI is an issue. I honestly don't dig into the numbers as hard as some others, so maybe that's just my perception and most people are OK with how the coach doles it out. Anyway I was just wondering if this jives with prevailing wisdom.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Is it instructive at all that the Jackets have just one player on the list while many other teams have 2 or even 3?
Could that be the result of defensive pairings where the teams with two reflect top pairing minutes whereas our top pair hasn't been constant? (I don't know the other teams pairings well enough to make that conclusion.)

As an aside, it was interesting to see McDavid's numbers; they're riding that horse hard.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Could that be the result of defensive pairings where the teams with two reflect top pairing minutes whereas our top pair hasn't been constant? (I don't know the other teams pairings well enough to make that conclusion.)

As an aside, it was ineteresting to see McDavid's numbers; they're riding that horse hard.

Good point - Murr and Z have split time with Jones on the top pair so their average would be pulled down?

So then the answer to my original question would probably be "no".:)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Nobody else on the jackets is the number 1 choice to be on the ice in every situation. That's why nobody comes close.

I also remember hearing Shaw say last season that it doesn't matter how long Jones had been on the ice, every time he looks down on the bench Jones is ready to go back out.

Where as someone like Werenski he could tell needed more time to catch his breath

gocbj

Aug 3, 2007
C9
Did anyone else notice that there was no acknowledgement of former President Bush...yet tonight...and I mean no disrespect to Chris Bradley at all. It's just odd that they ignore a President passing away.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Did anyone else notice that there was no acknowledgement of former President Bush...yet tonight...and I mean no disrespect to Chris Bradley at all. It's just odd that they ignore a President passing away.
I don't recall the Jackets ever paying attention to former presidents. Prominent community members, tho - that's pretty frequent.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I don't recall the Jackets ever paying attention to former presidents. Prominent community members, tho - that's pretty frequent.

Yeah even something as benign as this.. No thanks. Leave politics totally out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad