Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Shaw is too quiet for HC and his PK and defensive scheme this year...... unless it was Torts who was running it later in the season. :D

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Brooks has a weird thing for Torts, he probably never wrote about Columbus until Torts showed up. That said I wonder if management shares some of the concerns some of us fans do like getting the most out of a team talent wise offensively. But at the same time i wonder how they view Shaw because as far as i know hes only worked with defensemen so far or am I wrong?. Would be really nice to still have Bednar as an option though

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Shaw hasn't done a full season as a head coach since he was 40 years old. He's now 54.

The word I've gotten about him ( from a former Cincinnati mighty ducks employee) is that Shaw is a decent x and o type but isn't much of a motivator.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Shaw hasn't done a full season as a head coach since he was 40 years old. He's now 54.

The word I've gotten about him ( from a former Cincinnati mighty ducks employee) is that Shaw is a decent x and o type but isn't much of a motivator.
in a case like that it would be nice to have the luxury a team like NY had where Lindy Ruff was an assistant. Will be interesting to see the coaching staff moves in the next year or so

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
didnt watch the game but not too surprised that line is clicking early. Dubois-Horvat-Pageau has gotta be a bitch to play against. Capable of defending the other teams best line and then skate up the ice with a lot of speed and score on them

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
didnt watch the game but not too surprised that line is clicking early. Dubois-Horvat-Pageau has gotta be a ***** to play against. Capable of defending the other teams best line and then skate up the ice with a lot of speed and score on them
3 goals were on that line. PLD looked great. 2 nice assists, 1 was a goal another was a great save. So was Murray, who was paired with Eckblad(who had a turnover in DZ but Murr saved his ass.). And Parayko is a monster, but even him can't save Nurse.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
3 goals were on that line. PLD looked great. 2 nice assists, 1 was a goal another was a great save. So was Murray, who was paired with Eckblad(who had a turnover in DZ but Murr saved his ass.). And Parayko is a monster, but even him can't save Nurse.
Murray has been a babysitter most of his career. Probably runs the most expensive daycare in the world. Should be a good pair as they figure each other out though

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
One thing I think that Torts was getting wrong was about Zach. Remember when it came out that Jones had a closed door meeting with Torts and told him to ease up on Zach? I am sure Jones knew how hard it was to play through it and Torts seems to have pushed a little too hard on an injured player.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Athletic article from Portzline on Nash today. Very good stuff. Here are some key quotes:

“I miss it; I love the game,” Nash said. “The game has been my whole life, so it’s been a hard adjustment to not show up for training camp, for fitness testing … it’s been really tough."

"“I’m in a good place. I’m in the city that I love. I have my kids, they’re healthy, and that’s No. 1 in my life. Sure I miss it, but I’m more worried about my healthy and getting back to 100 percent. You can’t put a price on that.”

Nash, who spent nine seasons with the Blue Jackets, the final four as captain, didn’t want to discuss the meeting with Davidson and Kekalainen in great detail.

“I’ll say this,” he said, “it couldn’t have gone better.”

So basically, the conversation was something like, "Get healthy Rick. Take as much time as you need. If you get healthy, there will be a spot for you for the playoff push."

At least thats how I interpreted it. If he plays, I don't think he's trying to go anywhere else.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I find it fascinating that somebody can tweet "per source" and get a whole bunch of people to react to it.

If I tweeted some thing like that, I wonder if people would react? I'm guessing no....because I have 8 followers.....6 of them are Russian Bots.

Reactions: JKinCLE

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I find it fascinating that somebody can tweet "per source" and get a whole bunch of people to react to it.

If I tweeted some thing like that, I wonder if people would react? I'm guessing no....because I have 8 followers.....6 of them are Russian Bots.

In all fairness, the guy I quoted was a guy who writes for Barstool sports in Boston. I didn't know who he was (I don't follow him) but it popped up on my TL and it seemed like it could have legs, so I posted it. My apologies.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
In all fairness, the guy I quoted was a guy who writes for Barstool sports in Boston. I didn't know who he was (I don't follow him) but it popped up on my TL and it seemed like it could have legs, so I posted it. My apologies.

You should check out their podcast, Spittin' Chiclets. Its pretty awesome. Paul Bissonnette, Ryan Whitney, and that Rear Admiral dude just talking hockey. Obviously you have to be a fan of Barstool and some vulgarity. It's no CBJ in 30, or Portzline podcast. haha

Last edited:
Reactions: CPTN71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad