Interesting Info: Part XX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Bjorkstrand with more career goals than Wennberg now, 163 fewer games.

Will Andy hit 30?

And both Bjork and Wennberg have way more goals than Ryan Murray!

Why are we comparing a sniper with a playmaking center?

If Andy gets to 30, the CBJ might end up a 7 seed. He's certainly capable of it, and will probably be there at some point in his career. As long as he remembers the core of his game is speed and strength, he'll be ok - but if he starts believing he's a finesse player as he has for a few stretches, he won't.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
And both Bjork and Wennberg have way more goals than Ryan Murray!

Why are we comparing a sniper with a playmaking center?

If Andy gets to 30, the CBJ might end up a 7 seed. He's certainly capable of it, and will probably be there at some point in his career. As long as he remembers the core of his game is speed and strength, he'll be ok - but if he starts believing he's a finesse player as he has for a few stretches, he won't.
Lol you’re the one doing the comparison between the players. Man you’re right about them scoring more than Murray, nothing gets past. You does it!? Many people love to assume on this board don’t they?

I found it interesting (that’s why I put it in THIS thread) that Bjorkstrand is out scoring Wennberg already because it feels as if Wennberg has been around for ages (and had some good years with Saad) and Bjorkstrand for so little (while many think he has another level go get to).

Also, Josh could hit 30 this year and we will still be WC2.

Reactions: CPTN71

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Jarmo Kekalainen had a suggestion at the GM meetings early last month. He proposed some form of qualifying offer scenario, where as long as the NHL team made a certain contract offer meeting requirements, that the college player would still see his rights owned by that NHL team even if he didn’t sign. That the club would at least have an asset and not lose the player to free agency.
The Jackets spent four years helping develop Mike Reilly only to lose him to free agency after he didn’t sign. I mean, most NHL clubs are in total agreement that the loophole needs fixing, but it’s a CBA matter. It’s not something GMs can simply vote on at their meetings. This is for the league and NHL Players’ Association to figure out. And really, why would the NHLPA give up the loophole? The players’ union should always be in favour of wanting as much flexibility/options as possible for their members. Unless of course, the multitude of NHLers with Canadian junior backgrounds would care enough to point out the discrepancy in the system.

LeBrun Notebook: Who has a seat and who is still looking as...

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio

But I thought having a non-traditional market on Prime time would be a ratings dog?

Who’s barking now!

Let's have the NHL keep underestimating the team, fans, and city. I like that postition. If we can keep our posters from losing their composure on the mains, that would be a wonderful thing, as well. How long (if ever) did it take us to live down the "Canada doesn't respect the CBJ...?"

Cool, under the radar, classy. That's my hopes.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
If we can keep our posters from losing their composure on the mains, that would be a wonderful thing, as well. How long (if ever) did it take us to live down the "Canada doesn't respect the CBJ...?"

Cool, under the radar, classy. That's my hopes.

:puppy: :squint:

:pout:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I've been spending a lot of time in Cleveland for work.

Went out last night with a Cleveland friend who just passed the Ohio bar exam. All of the downtown bars we were in had all of their TV's set to the game.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I've been spending a lot of time in Cleveland for work.

Went out last night with a Cleveland friend who just passed the Ohio bar exam. All of the downtown bars we were in had all of their TV's set to the game.
Cleveland seems to have really latched on to the CBJ since the Monsters affiliation started. The same seems to have occurred with the Clippers and Indians here in Columbus.

Reactions: leesmith
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad