Interesting Info: Part XIV (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
Brandon Dubinsky Talks 2014 Playoff Run; Says Jackets Fans "Crazier" Then Those In NY

This past weekend I was able to engage in a conversation with forward and assistant captain for the Columbus Blue Jackets as well as huge EDM fan Brandon Dubinsky. Dubinsky goes into detail about the teams’ underdog playoff run this season, and how fans in Columbus differ than those in the city in which his former team resides; New York. In this interview, he shares his current thoughts on the current EDM scene and wanting to collaborate with EDM star, Calvin Harris.

http://www.concertfy.com/concertfy-...un-wanting-to-collaborate-with-calvin-harris/

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
This past weekend I was able to engage in a conversation with forward and assistant captain for the Columbus Blue Jackets as well as huge EDM fan Brandon Dubinsky. Dubinsky goes into detail about the teams’ underdog playoff run this season, and how fans in Columbus differ than those in the city in which his former team resides; New York. In this interview, he shares his current thoughts on the current EDM scene and wanting to collaborate with EDM star, Calvin Harris.

http://www.concertfy.com/concertfy-...un-wanting-to-collaborate-with-calvin-harris/

Thanks

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Such a huge fan of Dubinsky. Guys like Brandon and JJ went all-in on being here, and it's spread through the roster. I must really be getting old as I had to look up what EDM meant.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think I figured it out about a week ago- Electronic Dance Music. Saw an article talking about it in its long form and then it just clicked. I always wondered why a guy (EDM) was a Jacket's fan.:laugh:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I guess this qualifies as interesting, but according to Wennberg's instagram page he is in Sweden training with Henrik Nyberg and Oscar Dansk.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I think I figured it out about a week ago- Electronic Dance Music. Saw an article talking about it in its long form and then it just clicked. I always wondered why a guy (EDM) was a Jacket's fan.:laugh:

I had to google it!

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I guess this qualifies as interesting, but according to Wennberg's instagram page he is in Sweden training with Henrik Nyberg and Oscar Dansk.

About a week ago he was working out with Elias Lindholm/Dansk as well.

I know Lindholm will be training with Gabriel Landeskog this summer...maybe that means Wennberg will as well? That'd be cool.

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
#10 shoulda been retired for him IMO.

Here's the CBJ Sumner Boredom Topic of the day:

Who's the first CBJ Player to have his number retired by the club?

I've seen people seriously suggest we retire Dineen's and Vyborny's number. Hope it's a higher quality player than those two. :help:

Geoff Sanderson would be in the conversation, he was a good Jacket. Maybe Tugnutt too.

1857 Howitzer

******* Linesman
Aug 27, 2007
Ohio
#10 shoulda been retired for him IMO.

Here's the CBJ Sumner Boredom Topic of the day:

Who's the first CBJ Player to have his number retired by the club?

I've seen people seriously suggest we retire Dineen's and Vyborny's number. Hope it's a higher quality player than those two. :help:

IMO none of the Jackets former players should have their number retired. There is a good chance the first retired number is currently on the roster though.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Retiring numbers?

Rick Nash is the best player we've ever had over any stretch of time, and by quite a bit. If you retire numbers based on who the best players were, Rick Nash is, at best, a marginally great player ... I don't think he's worthy of seeing his number retired because he never did anything great here. He landed in a three-way tie for the goal scoring lead one time ... with a whopping 41 goals. Guys who get their jersey numbers retired are typically Cup winners or score 50 goals several times. Not guys who lead the team to futility and ask to be traded.

Nobody who has played here deserves this honor just yet. Give it time.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Retiring numbers?

Rick Nash is the best player we've ever had over any stretch of time, and by quite a bit. If you retire numbers based on who the best players were, Rick Nash is, at best, a marginally great player ... I don't think he's worthy of seeing his number retired because he never did anything great here. He landed in a three-way tie for the goal scoring lead one time ... with a whopping 41 goals. Guys who get their jersey numbers retired are typically Cup winners or score 50 goals several times. Not guys who lead the team to futility and ask to be traded.

Non-HOFers with retired numbers (exempting players not yet eligible):
Barry Ashbee (PHI)
Bill Barilko (TOR)
Michel Briere (PIT)
Rod Brind'Amour (CAR)
Neal Broten (MIN/DAL)
Ken Danyeko (NJ)
Adam Foote (COL)
Danny Gare (BUF)
Bob Gassoff (STL)
Bill Goldsworthy (MIN/DAL)
Adam Graves (NYR)
Al Hamilton (EDM)
Lionel Hitchman (BOS)
Dale Hunter (WSH)
Yvon Labre (WSH)
Trevor Linden (VAN)
Keith Magnuson (CHI)
Rick Martin (BUF)
Bill Masterton (MIN/DAL)
Markus Naslund (VAN)
Teppo Numminen (PHX)
Bob NYstrom (NYI)
Terry O'Reilly (BOS)
Barclay Plager (STL)
Mike Richter (NYR)
Rene Robert (BUF)
Jeremy Roenick (PHX)
Stan Smyl (VAN)
Thomas Steen (WPG)
Brian Sutter (STL)
Dave Taylor (LA)
Keith Tkachuk (PHX)
Rogie Vachon (LA)
Mike Vernon (CGY)
Glen Wesley (CAR)

Ashbee, Barilko, Briere, Gassoff, and Masterton were all players who died prematurely during their careers. Magnuson's number was retired shortly after his death; he undoubtedly received a boost as a result.

Most of the rest have been borderline HOFers, who had long careers and had some type of high peak with the team that retired their numbers.

The obvious deviations are St. Louis and Washington. Barclay Plager spent nine seasons with the Blues, then coached one season and parts of two others (his tenure ending by firing). He had no awards. Bernie Federko played 13 seasons, putting up four 100-point seasons but no accolades. He didn't look like a HOFer when his number was retired, and his actual induction has been widely derided. Brian Sutter had 12 seasons, but less than 10 years worth of games played with no accolades.

For Washington, Dale Hunter played 12 seasons with much notoriety. And Yvon Labre had just 355 games played with the Capitals. Without question, he's the worst player so honored, possibly in any sport.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Re: crowds, arena atmosphere, etc. The Staples Center has to be the dullest arena crowd I've heard/watched all post-season long. And in the SCF no less. Just absolutely pathetic. It sounds like a non-marquee regular season game in there, save for when they go crazy after a Kings goal.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Re: crowds, arena atmosphere, etc. The Staples Center has to be the dullest arena crowd I've heard/watched all post-season long. And in the SCF no less. Just absolutely pathetic. It sounds like a non-marquee regular season game in there, save for when they go crazy after a Kings goal.

Not surprised ... LA is known for not having passionate fans.

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
Retiring numbers?

If my arm was twisted and I pick to one, David Vyborny is the choice. Of course, we are grasping at straws here is columbus on the criteria. Tugnutt and Sanderson didn't have enough time here and Nash asked out.

I think Marc Denis is higher on my list too, strictly from his workhorse seasons and his number of years here.

Had Ray Whitney been resigned, I think he also could have been in the mix. Again, I agree the "standard qualifications" don't hold anybody up as the perfect candidate, the Cavaliers did just retire Zydrunas Illgauskas' number not too long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad