Interesting Info: Part XIV (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Ray effectively responded to the accusation made by this Rangers fan, but that response was nowhere to be found in your post. Now who is guilty of attempted mind control?

First things first, DMC is a joke and I'm not being serious (although I might agree a bit with the first one)

Second, I just thought that letter was funny. What obligation does the Dispatch fan have to talk positively about the Rangers?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
First things first, DMC is a joke and I'm not being serious (although I might agree a bit with the first one)

Second, I just thought that letter was funny. What obligation does the Dispatch fan have to talk positively about the Rangers?

I wasn't being totally serious either. Although I've grown tired of all the sniping done at The Dispatch.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
@Aportzline Will MacKenzie be this years Prospal if not re-signed. // No. He'll be missed in the dressing room.

Burrrrrrrrnnnnnn.

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
If you go by ALL p/60

Bjorkstrand is 4th and Rychel is 6th...

Notice how many of the top skaters in the OHL rank at the top of all junior scorers. Me thinks that league is a bit more wide open (or weaker defensively) than the others. After all, we're comparing across leagues and that's always risky.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
@Aportzline Will MacKenzie be this years Prospal if not re-signed. // No. He'll be missed in the dressing room.

Burrrrrrrrnnnnnn.

Guess I wasn't aware the Prospal wasn't liked in the locker room. Was it because he was calling out the golf club practices?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Notice how many of the top skaters in the OHL rank at the top of all junior scorers. Me thinks that league is a bit more wide open (or weaker defensively) than the others. After all, we're comparing across leagues and that's always risky.

I'm no jr hockey expert but I seem to recall Sore Loser mentioning that historically the QMJHL is the wide open league; its just that this year the OHL had the much better players.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
I'm no jr hockey expert but I seem to recall Sore Loser mentioning that historically the QMJHL is the wide open league; its just that this year the OHL had the much better players.

Traditionally, in terms of quality of all players:

OHL
WHL

QMJHL.

Although the Q is getting somewhat better after a decade in the wilderness (99-09)

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The OHL had a bevy of decent prospects this year ... it's no surprise, as most years they produce a ton of talent. It's a great league for players of every position ... the QMJHL is traditionally a softer league and it plays a little more wide open. The WHL offers the closest style to the NHL; where the best teams are always the best coached, strongest two-way groups. I think in terms of talent, the OHL is probably a stronger producer of top end guys because there's more rink time than the WHL. Less travel means more time on the ice, and the WHL travel schedule can be downright brutal. If anyone wonders why the Prince George Cougars are perennially terrible and don't produce many NHL names, look at where they are on a map. In Quebec, guys aren't forced to learn defensive coverages and strategies as much because the game is played more wide open.

It's not that way every year, but each league has developed a persona. The WHL was the top producer of overall NHL talent for a number of years; but many of those guys weren't the top end guys. More meat and potatoes, Robyn Regehr type guys. Now you're seeing some more top end guys coming from the 'dub (Sam Reinhart, Leon Draisaitl), but less of the middle round guys. I honestly don't know what to attribute that to.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
from porty's post today

-- I've never seen so many Blue Jackets players around during development camp week. Brandon Dubinsky, Jared Boll, Corey Tropp, Dalton Prout and Tim Erixon were all milling about the rink. Erixon was headed out on the ice after the kids were done, trying to get a summer skate.

-- Tropp and Erixon are both RFAs. Nothing official, but both contracts seem to be in the pipeline for completion, if they aren't already.

so Erixon is around with no formal contract...that has to play favorably...

Misfire Puck

May 6, 2010
Finland
from porty's post today

so Erixon is around with no formal contract...that has to play favorably...

I think it's great that Dubinsky and all the others are there with the youngsters. Must mean the world for them when there are actual pros giving them some tips.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Siren: "Yeah?"
Kekäläinen: "Let's say those have all ready gone..."
S: "Yeah..."
K: "... So should we move back, let's say 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, if five out them are still left - ."

Is that what they're saying in that little Finnish convo in the middle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad