Interesting Info: Part XIV (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
A couple of links regarding the Jackets/Flyers matchup in the Metro. First, from the Hockey Writers:

http://thehockeywriters.com/metropolitan-rivals-will-blue-jacket-blues-continue-for-flyers/

Then, a Cannon podcast:

http://www.jacketscannon.com/2014/7/15/5902139/the-cannon-report-episode-1

Good info and discussion in both!

Yes, very good.

One issue with the THW article -- they mention that Umberger matches Berube's demands of conditioning and good skating. To that i say -- Um what?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Yes, very good.

One issue with the THW article -- they mention that Umberger matches Berube's demands of conditioning and good skating. To that i say -- Um what?

Umberger dropped weight and added a surprising amount of speed last year. I don't know why folks are missing that. He is certainly faster than Hartnell. I don't think the Flyers are wrong about that.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
good news!

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1m
#CBJ announce an upgrade of the wireless internet connection throughout Nationwide. Will have 263 "access points" around the building.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
good news!

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1m
#CBJ announce an upgrade of the wireless internet connection throughout Nationwide. Will have 263 "access points" around the building.

So is this actual wifi or signal boosters for cell service? I have AT&T and always have a problem with Nationwide and Paul Brown Stadium while people I know on Verizon have no issues.

Not so coincidentally, Verizon is a corporate sponsor of the NHL and NFL so I'm hesitant to say if this will help me get better service in the arena.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i have tmobile and typically would never have an issue with data inside the arena, but getting wifi is a good thing...

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
If it certainly ends up working well, I'll be more apt to bring my iPad to the games to follow stats, etc. as the game goes along.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 6s
#CBJ losing a big-time player to free agency:PR guy @RickBownessJr is off to U. of Denver. College ranks getting a good one. Will be missed.

did a lot for CBJ social media...and from most accounts, a really good guy

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
@Aportzline · 29m

#CBJ at #Pens Feb. 19 on NBC Sports Network. Rest of national schedule: Boston, Philadelphia, Boston, Detroit, New York, Detroit, New York

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
more CBJ "fluff"

Brandon Dubinsky ‏@BDubi17 1m
Wiz, Bolla, and Mur Dog going to do navy seal training! @jameswisniewski wish I could do it but I'll be at the next one! Have fun fellas!

BtKSLZPCQAA7KNH.jpg

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
more CBJ "fluff"

Brandon Dubinsky ‏@BDubi17 1m
Wiz, Bolla, and Mur Dog going to do navy seal training! @jameswisniewski wish I could do it but I'll be at the next one! Have fun fellas!

BtKSLZPCQAA7KNH.jpg

And what a fine bit of tid that is! Keep the tidbits comin, guys!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
if only we could have potted a quick 3rd goal in game 3...the crowd was that loud that MAF would have been done...entire 1st period he played so rattled, we just couldn't put that one away like we should have

FreeBoomer61

Feb 8, 2011
if only we could have potted a quick 3rd goal in game 3...the crowd was that loud that MAF would have been done...entire 1st period he played so rattled, we just couldn't put that one away like we should have

IIRC we stopped generating offensive chances after the first period and Pittsburgh carried the play of the game - similar to what happened in Game 5. There were a lot of "what ifs" in that series, and if a few bounces or calls had gone our way, the series could have ended much differently.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
man, you can poke fun at me all you want. the fact that in the last year Mixer and his department has churned out more information that allows fans to feel a connection to the team and the players then they ever have.

I feel that they do anyways...i'm sure a few people around here share that same sentiment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->