Proposal: Interest in Buff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Hello Habs fans...Jets fan coming in peace..

Congrats on your start to the year. You are a legit cup contender and the favourite in the East. Time to talk about that final piece that puts you over the top. If you have Buff, no one will mess with you in a playoff series. Issues with Zdeno Chara? Well, Buff can neutralize that for you.

He can play wing, defence, in front of the net on the power play. He is popular in our room, should be good in yours as well.

I think the Habs, Kings, Bruins and Ducks are all in a unique situtation in which getting him will be decisive in defeating their respective rivals.

Any interest?

Last edited:

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
I like him but wouldn't move more then 2 higher end pieces (prospects + picks) unless MB felt they're expendable because of depth in the prospect pool, I don't see Winnipeg moving him though.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Your going to go deep, very deep in the playoffs so I understand reluctance to part with roster players.

However, that means higher end prospects will be required to get a deal done.

Tinordi and a healthy Scherback?

Clumsyhab

Feb 22, 2004
Montreal
Wouldn't mind him on our team. Does he prefer to play Defense our Winger? I think he would be more effective as a winger for the Habs. And I think Bergevin knows him well enough durin their cup run in Chicago.

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Your going to go deep, very deep in the playoffs so I understand reluctance to part with roster players.

However, that means higher end prospects will be required to get a deal done.

Tinordi and a healthy Scherback?

There is NO way Sherback is traded. He's the big winger we desperately need.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Buff isn't worth what you guys are proposing in this thread. He was removed from defense because of poor play and is on Winnipegs third line because of poor play. We're talking Desharnais + a small prospect. Beaulieu and/or a first wouldn't be involved.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Buff only shows up when he wants to. Just say no to Buff and his lazy attitude.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...as much as Big Buff would be an awesome addition, I doubt highly that Bergevin moves the pieces that Chevy would want for him...Bergy's spent too much time building a very deep prospect pool to bankrupt it for a guy who could walk away in a year and a half...

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I think that with Allen and Tinordi, Chara is no longer a real issue. Also, Chara is getting older and older. I'm more concerned with the Lucics of the league, and I noticed that with Allen, Lucic backed down a bit. What we really need is to get Tinordi some fighting lessons. Also, next year we may have Nevins in the fold, and possibly Crisp, too, so we will have truculence in spades. Lots of people want Kane from the Jets, but I think he is a head case. I'd prefer a dynamic winger ... we have Deharnais for at least this season unless Galchenyuk can take his place, so what we need is a dynamic scorer in the wing, and preferably a left winger, although I would take a right winger, too.

I would take Buff if he didn't cost us much. Perhaps Pateryn + Nygrene, + a 3rd round, if we got Buff and a prospect back.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well.. how about Buff for McCarron instead of Scherback?

No. Mac is tearing it up now in the juniors, and Winnipeg is fighting for a PO spot now, just 1pt out of 8th. There's no way they trade a big roster player like Buff for prospects.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
Buff isn't worth what you guys are proposing in this thread. He was removed from defense because of poor play and is on Winnipegs third line because of poor play. We're talking Desharnais + a small prospect. Beaulieu and/or a first wouldn't be involved.

This is wrong.

The Jets long term plan is to have Bogo and Trouba anchor the right side for the next 10 years. Trouba playing in the third pair is no good for us.

Buff has been playing well on our new third line with Perrault and Lowry. They are big and excel at puck possession. Ideal line to keep the puck low in the other teams zone and wear down defenceman. It is exactly what a playoff team needs in a grinding long playoff series.

He also could do wonders for the power play, the jets use him on the point on a regular basis.

I get he is not everyone's cup of tea. But as a sort of niche piece for a contender he is absolutely ideal.

If roster players and a 2015 first is not coming back, Scherback needs to be part of it. This is a piece that could win you the Cup.

Seeing Buff in front of Rask or Fleury with Subban hammering shots from the point? there is nothing in the east that can stop that.

Analyzer*

I think that with Allen and Tinordi, Chara is no longer a real issue. Also, Chara is getting older and older. I'm more concerned with the Lucics of the league, and I noticed that with Allen, Lucic backed down a bit. What we really need is to get Tinordi some fighting lessons. Also, next year we may have Nevins in the fold, and possibly Crisp, too, so we will have truculence in spades. Lots of people want Kane from the Jets, but I think he is a head case. I'd prefer a dynamic winger ... we have Deharnais for at least this season unless Galchenyuk can take his place, so what we need is a dynamic scorer in the wing, and preferably a left winger, although I would take a right winger, too.

I would take Buff if he didn't cost us much. Perhaps Pateryn + Nygrene, + a 3rd round, if we got Buff and a prospect back.

Well, Allen sucks and will likely be traded at the deadline, or not re-signed.

Nevins and Crisp first need to prove they're useful in the AHL.

We don't have truculence in spades, we have a bunch of players who might make the NHL at best.

Desharnais is crap and would be amazed if anyone traded for him. We're stuck with him.

Our RW position is crap. Gallagher, PAP, Weise ? That's not very good. Especially considering we have Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and Sekac on the LW. So, we need a RW.

Anyone would take any player if we got them for below their value. You have to give value in order to get value. Out of Nygren, Pateryn and the 3rd, the 3rd carries the most value.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013

If Lucic is an issue, imagine Buff lining up across from him at the faceoff circle...Lucic would run home and crawl under his mother's bed...

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I wonder how we could work a deal out around this. Buff would be a great fit on this team, and since he wouldn't need to play the hardest minutes he could excel against the other team's 3rd and 4th lines.

There's no point in getting him unless you're planning to slot him as a D man. It will be a waste of assets because he'll leave as soon as he can if we do that to him.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hate the idea of trading away Beaulieu. But Buff in front of other team's crease would be a marvel to see.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Well, Allen sucks and will likely be traded at the deadline, or not re-signed.

Nevins and Crisp first need to prove they're useful in the AHL.

We don't have truculence in spades, we have a bunch of players who might make the NHL at best.

Desharnais is crap and would be amazed if anyone traded for him. We're stuck with him.

Our RW position is crap. Gallagher, PAP, Weise ? That's not very good. Especially considering we have Pacioretty, Galchenyuk and Sekac on the LW. So, we need a RW.

Anyone would take any player if we got them for below their value. You have to give value in order to get value. Out of Nygren, Pateryn and the 3rd, the 3rd carries the most value.
Except Subban doesn't shoot anymore, lol. It's Gonchar now! :laugh:

I'd do a prospect + 1st. That's the best I'd offer. The 1st is basically Scherbak (not trading him) and the prospect would be a good one (Hudon or Beaulieu/Tinordi).

Jets would have to retain salary to make it feasible this year though.

Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Parenteau
Sekac - Eller - Byfuglien
Prust - Malhotra - Weise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad