Post-Game Talk: Insert Thread Entitled Here

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
The problem is, they can when they feel like putting in the effort. It was just a few weeks ago they blew out the Coyotes 7-3...and then they go into Arizona and lay an egg and can't even get a goal.

Half the time in these types of games they have the formula, the template, and even proof that they can do it with examples like the game you mention.
And then lay eggs like this the other half of the time. I just don't get it. At least make it a game. One goal losses hurt, but at least you can attribute it to a bounce or two. This loss was all on us. All facets of the game we were beaten.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Where's the Juice?

Not the bounceback game I expected after the game against the Coyotes... but every game is tough and obviously can't take anything for granted in this league.

This is going to be a brutal last 28 games as they are in a dogfight to the finish line to crack a playoff spot.

I'm still confident they can do it because it's brutal for all the teams they are competing against as well... no one is really separating from the pack and in fact teams like Chicago and Nashville are slowly crawling back into the wildcard race as well.

It's going to be a pretty stressful and "interesting" couple months here as we find out which teams are the pretenders and which are contenders... playoffs will essentially start early because teams are so close and every game is significant down the stretch with so many 4 point games.

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
Half the time in these types of games they have the formula, the template, and even proof that they can do it with examples like the game you mention.
And then lay eggs like this the other half of the time. I just don't get it. At least make it a game. One goal losses hurt, but at least you can attribute it to a bounce or two. This loss was all on us. All facets of the game we were beaten.

They just seem to let off the gas and start coasting. There's times where they barely hang on a la the Rangers game, or games like today where they start coasting so early that they still lose the game. Like it was mentioned earlier, it's totally like a Jeckyl and Hyde out there. Solid games against the Blues and Flames, followed up by these two stinkers.

Reactions: ToeMcDrag83

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
This is correct. Don't the Oilers have some ridiculously good record against teams above them in the standings, and then a crappy record against weaker teams?

That suggests a "team culture" / leadership problem to me.

Anyway, what the hell are Gagner and Benson doing on McDavid's wings? Just no, Oilers. No.

Is this HK97’s burner account?

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
To me, tonight sealed it: Ethan Bear should be signed to at least a 4 year deal, he's a key piece of this teams success moving forward.

It's games like tonight you learn about your team right? Bear scored a goal to keep the game alive, he upped his tempo in the third, and after the game he said all the right things.

Rusoilers

Дмитрий Самуроков 38
Oct 9, 2019
Siberia
We are not in bad shape. 2 points higher than the flames and one game in hand. 2 games fewer than Coyotes and one point up. 2 games down on Vegas and only one point behind. 3 points behind on vancouver with one game in hand. I am not worried we are a playoff team.
20200206_215005.jpg

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
I was touched after the flamer games. Now I'm an emotional mess.

Diagnosis ? Oiler-itis

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
We are not in bad shape. 2 points higher than the flames and one game in hand. 2 games fewer than Coyotes and one point up. 2 games down on Vegas and only one point behind. 3 points behind on vancouver with one game in hand. I am not worried we are a playoff team. View attachment 317583

Yeah, they main positive out of this 2 game losing stretch is that the Canucks and Flames have also picked up 0 pts. While the Golden Knights and Coyotes have picked up 2 pts, they both have still played 2 more games than the Oilers + the Oilers have the RW tiebreaker on all of them.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Tipp bugs the **** out of me with his usage of Haas.

86% Corsi and more scoring chances than the second line, but let's bench him yet again.

It's beyond frustrating. Right from the start of the year you could tell he wasn't a fan for whatever reason, and no matter how well he plays, he's the first to be benched when tippetts shortening the bench.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
It's beyond frustrating. Right from the start of the year you could tell he wasn't a fan for whatever reason, and no matter how well he plays, he's the first to be benched when tippetts shortening the bench.

It's painful.

He's very obviously better than some of the corpses on the wing. If you want to double shift McDavid on that line, move Haas over to wing with him.

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Haas riding shotgun with McDavid has made sense for a while now. He can make more plays with the puck than Archibald.

Haas-McDavid-Kassian
Nuge-Drai-Yamamoto
Benson-Sheahan-Archibald
Not Khaira-Gagner-Not Chiasson

Reactions: RattsSSV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad