Post-Game Talk: Insert Thread Entitled Here

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Archibald and Gagner....... McDavid

C + C + A = success???

Oilers are blinded by McDavids insane skill and are making a line based on 1 ****ing person. Every other line has some sort of plan to it. McDavid literally gets scraps and it drives me nuts. JP would look nice right now but that's not happening so use him now for the love of Gord something.

In fairness, this is the first time in McDavid's career that he's ever gotten scraps. The scraps have always been given to RNH and Draisaitl when centering their own line. The way the team is currently constructed, McDavid is going to have to deal with scraps so the Oilers can have some semblance of a 2 line attack.

All this talk of wingers and #3C, which are certainly needs, but the real elephant in the room is the defense. It's going to be difficult for this team to ever compete for a Cup as long as Nurse and Klefbom are their go to Dmen. Too many flaws, too much dumb in their game. These guys are support Dmen on any real contender.
They had better hope one of Bouchard, Broberg or Samorukov blossom into a top Dman because I don't see any other way to fix it.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
That was ****ing embarrassing.
tumblr_p110lpn4hl1qbj6jho4_250.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Went from work ethic 60 to 0 in 6 minutes. Troubling game to watch, seeing us thinking we had the game wrapped up in the first 6 minutes and getting outcompeted for the next 54 minutes.

The player I was intently watching at the game was Benson. Does not look like he has NHL wheels so hopefully it was nerves and a team around him that was not very good.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Not the first time I’ve seen an Oilers team mail it in after coming up with a huge win against Calgary

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Went from work ethic 60 to 0 in 6 minutes. Troubling game to watch, seeing us thinking we had the game wrapped up in the first 6 minutes and getting outcompeted for the next 54 minutes.

The player I was intently watching at the game was Benson. Does not look like he has NHL wheels so hopefully it was nerves and a team around him that was not very good.

I was thinking that he reminded me of Anton Lander. It was one game though, and he was not really playing with offensive guys(Chiasson's line has usually become the worst line).

Why is Yammimoto not in Chiasson's spot on the PP? The kid would be the best puck retriever we have and gives us another option on the break in.

Also, Ethan Bear on that unit instead of Klefbom. Our PP is already good but those two adjustsments gives us two righties and an actual threat to score from the point.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
unacceptable loss last night.
we desperately need depth in our forward group.
sam gagner or khaira should not be in the lineup

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
I still have to wonder why we look so slow on home ice. Part of me wonders if they get a little "too comfortable" at home if you know what I mean...

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
I am just here to let everyone know - McDavid and Drai have nearly zero commitment in their own zone. Purely there for show, doing nothing effective.

Both got beat clean missing their assignment in the d zone that lead to a goal against last night. Primary people responsible for the goal against in those. Just one of many for both McDrai through the year.

McDavid especially Has an aversion to pressuring the puck carrier below the goal line. Both fly the zone a ton and get beat by opponents driving to the net. Both being such good skaters I find it very unsettling their lack of commitment for back checking and defense. Especially now that they are THE centers for their line.

Reactions: PinSeeker

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
unacceptable loss last night.
we desperately need depth in our forward group.
sam gagner or khaira should not be in the lineup
I like Gagner playing deep down in the lineup. Kharia on the other hand contributes absolutely nothing.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
Both got beat clean missing their assignment in the d zone that lead to a goal against last night. Primary people responsible for the goal against in those. Just one of many for both McDrai through the year.

McDavid especially Has an aversion to pressuring the puck carrier below the goal line. Both fly the zone a ton and get beat by opponents driving to the net. Both being such good skaters I find it very unsettling their lack of commitment for back checking and defense. Especially now that they are THE centers for their line.

They were both doing it last night, especially once the game was tied. Haas was our best center and that will never win us games.
I love McD and Drai, and honestly not one of us could hold their jock but they need to watch the games that we are unbeatable and understand that backchecking creates offense and for gods sake watch what our smallest play does on the forcheck, he just is on it so much. Team needs a spark soon.

Reactions: Aerchon

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I was thinking that he reminded me of Anton Lander. It was one game though, and he was not really playing with offensive guys(Chiasson's line has usually become the worst line).

Why is Yammimoto not in Chiasson's spot on the PP? The kid would be the best puck retriever we have and gives us another option on the break in.

Also, Ethan Bear on that unit instead of Klefbom. Our PP is already good but those two adjustsments gives us two righties and an actual threat to score from the point.

He doesn’t appear to have NHL acceleration and pace. One game like you said.

I’d like to see Bear on the top PP but it’s been pretty effective so I won’t die on that hill. I like the idea of Yamo on the first unit over Chaisson but then they are using Chaisson as net front and not sure Yamo would be effective there. The guy he’d replace would be RNH imo but he’s been working as well. PP like I said I’m not too worried about tho.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019

I’d like to see Bear on the top PP but it’s been pretty effective so I won’t die on that hill. I like the idea of Yamo on the first unit over Chaisson but then they are using Chaisson as net front and not sure Yamo would be effective there. The guy he’d replace would be RNH imo but he’s been working as well. PP like I said I’m not too worried about tho.

Our PP is pretty damn good, not the hill I would die on either, Bear in though to give us a RHD shooting threat from the point? I would love that, but again not too worried. Yamo, from what I can tell is good everywhere, only problem is goalies can see over him a tad too easy. Neal is the perfect guy there IMO.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I fully expect Tippett to overreact and send Benson and Lagesson to the PB on Saturday.

Even though the only guys that deserve to be up there is Kharia and Chaisson.

I don't really 'get' Lagesson. I don't see a single reason why he should be in the lineup over Jones. His skating is weak and his average at best passing is not a good trait to have when you're playing alongside Benning.

People seem to be infatuated with the shiny young player that has been getting hyped up, but I really don't see much more potential from him beyond a platoon 6/7 D man. His skating is what it is at this point, and it's not good enough for the NHL.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Lack of urgency and composure last night. Probably time to make a trade.
Story of their life this year. Win in chunks, lose in chunks. So sick of playing to the opponents level. No way we should have lost the way we did last night to that team. This team has me floored. We could make playoffs, miss playoffs, beat anyone, lose to anyone. I don’t know anymore.

Reactions: McFuhryous

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
What a joke of a game, just keep coughing up points to divisional rivals and they'll soon catch up and you'll be golfing, glad I shut this one off early and went to bed, was a glorious sleep.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Story of their life this year. Win in chunks, lose in chunks. So sick of playing to the opponents level. No way we should have lost the way we did last night to that team. This team has me floored. We could make playoffs, miss playoffs, beat anyone, lose to anyone. I don’t know anymore.
They can't miss the playoffs, just full stop.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Team is so frustrating at times.

After the Calgary win, I thought the team would be galvanized.

They look so flat the last two games. I just dont understand it.

Just not enough depth I guess.

Archibald on the first line, just makes Sheahan much less effective. Nygard/Sheahan/Archibald was a nice line.

RNH/Draisaitl/Yamamoto is such an effective line when Draisaitl is moving his feet. Guy is such a beast when hes on. Need others to step it up when hes not though.

Unfornutately I think just too many of Gagner, Chiasson, Khaira, P.Russell etc in the lineup. They are all too slow. Pretty much need two guys minimum on a line who can skate.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

Zero killer instinct. They had the Sharks on their heels but then Nurse took that penalty which although they killed off, gave San Jose life.

Tippett really should have yanked Koskinen after doing his best scarecrow impersonation on the fourth goal. That was some bantam level goaltending right there.

Last edited:
Reactions: tardigrade81

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Tipp bugs the **** out of me with his usage of Haas.

86% Corsi and more scoring chances than the second line, but let's bench him yet again.

I really like Haas too. Guy is a an even playing with the most junk on the roster. Hes a great skater, I rarely see the guy make much for mistakes. Hes weak on the boards but thats about it. I dont know why he doesnt get more of an opportunity. I think he would be a pretty good PK'er too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad