Injury Report: Injury Summary

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
FWIW, I ran into Boone Jenner and Ryan Murray tonight at a bar after the game, and I spoke with them for a few minutes about this season and their injuries...From what Boone told me, he says that he's not expecting to be back any time soon (said another month or two), so I don't expect to see him back on the ice this season. For Murray, he says he's feeling better and expects to be skating again in a few weeks.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Few week concept is very uncertain. I will be glad to see the return of Murray this season.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
FWIW, I ran into Boone Jenner and Ryan Murray tonight at a bar after the game, and I spoke with them for a few minutes about this season and their injuries...From what Boone told me, he says that he's not expecting to be back any time soon

We've talked about it one month ago that 2 months is unrealistic time for this injury and three - four months more reliable... CBJ fanbase can access pro sport injuries and rehabilitation times much better than our medical staff :laugh::laugh:

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
FWIW, I ran into Boone Jenner and Ryan Murray tonight at a bar after the game, and I spoke with them for a few minutes about this season and their injuries...From what Boone told me, he says that he's not expecting to be back any time soon (said another month or two), so I don't expect to see him back on the ice this season. For Murray, he says he's feeling better and expects to be skating again in a few weeks.

Out of curiosity, what bar?

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
If Murray doesn't expect to be skating for a few more weeks, why not just shut him down for the season, unless you plan on trying to overhaul the defense and moving a few pieces back there, and from what Joey said, assuming it's true, Boone likely not back either this season?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Great trade one .913 save %, 2.85 gaa guy for another. :sarcasm::laugh:

Bob does seem to play better after coming back from injury. Man do we need this guy to get consistent. I would have to throw up if we get this kind of year from him moving forward.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If Murray doesn't expect to be skating for a few more weeks, why not just shut him down for the season, unless you plan on trying to overhaul the defense and moving a few pieces back there, and from what Joey said, assuming it's true, Boone likely not back either this season?

Jarmo disagrees

“I’m worried about Murray in particular. Two out of three seasons, he really hasn’t played,†Kekalainen explained, per the Columbus Dispatch. “That’s all development time. I think as soon as he gets healthy he’s got to get back to playing.â€

“There is no need for them to recover beyond what their recovery time is,†Kekalainen said. “When [Jenner] is fully healed, he is going to play.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/17/kekalainen-worried-about-murrays-development-after-three-injury-plagued-years/

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree with Jarmo about Murray. More injuries threatens his career, but so does missing so much time in his development years. If he doesn't have exceptional re-injury risk, he has to play to grow.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If it was January 1 and they had 40 games I'd agree, 15 games or so at the tail of end of a crappy season, I'm not sold. Chances for another injury are greater imo just coming back from a serious injury/condition.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
If it was January 1 and they had 40 games I'd agree, 15 games or so at the tail of end of a crappy season, I'm not sold. Chances for another injury are greater imo just coming back from a serious injury/condition.

This recent injury didn't happen because he wasn't prepared or healed from his other injury. Joey rolled him. plain and simple. If he's healthy enough to play, play him. They need to learn and continue to work on building a winning culture. Be part of the solution if you are healthy. Re-injury certainly could happen but injury the first day in camp next year coming in healthy could happen too...

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 12s12 seconds ago
#CBJ F @JackSkille will undergo shoulder surgery & miss the remainder of 2014-15

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Im sure IHZ is pleased (even though he's not here anymore)

Skille isn't as much of a loss this year as he would have been last year. For whatever reason just couldn't get going this year. Has all the tools to be an offensive player, but just can't.

Edit: Maybe this is why Shawn Mitchell ‏@smitchcd 28s28 seconds ago

Told Skille injury was not caused by any one incident. Had been dealing with the issue for some time, had gotten progressively worse. #CBJ
0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad