Injury Report: Injuries

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
remember Igor Grigorenko? in 02/03 had a car accident, never recovered his speed. lots of size & skill lost on a A+ prospect, who was touted as a sure thing. IIRC, comparisions to a larger version of Pavel Bure!
Forgot him.
Sounding like Abby might be back by the Chicago game on the 10th, A lot will depend on how practice goes for him on Monday but he's getting closer to returning hopefully the same with Helm.

Finally we get some players back.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Now looking like both Abby and Greener could be back tomorrow against the Hawks, Depends on how it goes tomorrow at practice Blashill said. Helm still another 2 weeks awy according to Ken Holland.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Agreed Helm can take all the time in world, Need to make sure that his shoulder is fine. Before bringing him back getting both Abby and Greener back will be huge.

Having Abby and Green back is huge. Now we might play som competetive hockey. With Mantha, Abby and Vanek we have 3 big bodies up front. It should help.
And with Green we might start scoring on PP.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Sounding like now, That Helm, Smith and Kronwall wont be back until either the end of this month or early February. Probably the same with Howard need to get our guys back and stay healthy if we've a chance at any playoff run which i'm not counting on.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Sounding like now, That Helm, Smith and Kronwall wont be back until either the end of this month or early February. Probably the same with Howard need to get our guys back and stay healthy if we've a chance at any playoff run which i'm not counting on.

At this point I do not think kronwall can contribute.
Smith, I believe he has lost his spot.

Helm is terribly needed.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
At this point I do not think kronwall can contribute.
Smith, I believe he has lost his spot.

Helm is terribly needed.

Yup right now if needed, Maybe Kronwall should just go on LTIR for the rest of the season he's pretty much done here for the season.

Smith is a waste of roster spot and hopefully we can get a 2017 4th or 5th round pick at the very least for him.

Helm is definitely the most need here, Need to get him back ASAP.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Yup right now if needed, Maybe Kronwall should just go on LTIR for the rest of the season he's pretty much done here for the season.

Smith is a waste of roster spot and hopefully we can get a 2017 4th or 5th round pick at the very least for him.

Helm is definitely the most need here, Need to get him back ASAP.

The team looks much better with Abby and specially Green back.
If we can stay healthy for a little while we could make some noise.

Obviously I am not one pushing for the tanking the season. I do not think the players want to miss the playoffs.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I feel like every time Kronwall misses extended time the team looks better. Keep him out.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I feel like every time Kronwall misses extended time the team looks better. Keep him out.

More of, when opposite team will put their 2nd or 3rd best goalie on the net, Red Wings look instantly better.

We have 8 wins of 20 games with Kronwall and 10 wins of 23 games without him. This team keeps losing more games than winning, with or without him.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
More of, when opposite team will put their 2nd or 3rd best goalie on the net, Red Wings look instantly better.

We have 8 wins of 20 games with Kronwall and 10 wins of 23 games without him. This team keeps losing more games than winning, with or without him.

If he can play safe and physical, we are far better with him, but I am not sure he can Get into the grove because of the injuries.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
hi-res-140135615_crop_north.jpg

we need his grit.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Hearing Howard will also go on LTIR. Helm should be good to go tomorrow and Ott is injured. Smith has no timetable for his return.

Per Brad Galli on Twitter.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Helm is ready to go. I hope they sit sheham but I fear they will sit aa.

DATS-O-MATIC

Nov 23, 2004

doubt they sit anybody in the top 9, as the Top 6 has been clicking & the Tatar-Larkin-Sheahan line woke up.

Miller should sit.

Nike-Z-Mantha
AA-Nielsen-Vanek
Tatar-Larkin-Sheahan
Helm-Glen-Abby...works Helm back in slowly & gives us an awesome 4th line

DDK-Green
Ericsson-Marchenko
Ouellet-Jensen...this lpairing is playing well
Sproul

Kronner-LTIR, or maybe Big E needs a rest. Sproul & Kronner can rotate.

Smith-trade

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
hi-res-140135615_crop_north.jpg

His best hit was vs blues when he dislocated jackmans shoulder.
we need his grit.

Hearing Howard will also go on LTIR. Helm should be good to go tomorrow and Ott is injured. Smith has no timetable for his return.

Per Brad Galli on Twitter.
:handclap: getting helm back is huge. With helm, aa and Larkin we have 3 extremely fast skaters, then with Vanek, Mantha and Abby we have 3 big bodies. This might be very difficult to handle.
No chance at all. This team offence woke up with Mantha and AA, no chance either of them sits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad