Dec 21, 2008
Marchenko - shoulder - 7 day IR
Green - undisclosed - day-to-day
Abdelkader - knee - day-to-day
Bertuzzi - ankle - late December/early January
Smith - knee - late December
Helm - shoulder - late December/early January

Vitale and Franzen on LTIR for good/the duration of their contract

This team has lost 212 man-games to injuries, the most by far in the league. EDM has the 2nd most, at 188 (as of DEC 17th).

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
This seems to be a recurring theme. Do we lack toughness? Are we just unlucky?

1) We've had an older team for a while.
2) We've been a little unlucky (See Helm hurting himself for two months on a nothing play)
3) "Toughness" has nothing to do with it. Datsyuk was tough as ****ing nails and he was good for 20 missed games a year.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Franzen and Vitale make up a lot of those man-games. We've run into some injuries for sure but nothing extreme. Lack of toughness definitely isn't much of a factor when it comes to injuries.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

With no data to support it, I feel like skill has something to do with it. If you're skilled enough you tend to be able to avoid hits. Obviously there are other ways to get injured, but that's a big one. High skill = better passing = fewer suicide passes to teammates.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Franzen and Vitale make up a lot of those man-games. We've run into some injuries for sure but nothing extreme. Lack of toughness definitely isn't much of a factor when it comes to injuries.

Yea, if you take out their games we drop down to 148 MGL

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
With no data to support it, I feel like skill has something to do with it. If you're skilled enough you tend to be able to avoid hits. Obviously there are other ways to get injured, but that's a big one. High skill = better passing = fewer suicide passes to teammates.

If a team has to play hard to WIN point, the price will be high/injuries.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
I think that the cap is a factor in all this. Players on the IR creates cap space on an otherwise crammed roster, which is a strong incentive for the team to play it safe when a player is banged up. I'm not saying the injuries are fake, but if it was playoff time, the IR list would probably be shorter.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I feel a thread like this is needed.
So who is injured?
Helm. Abby? Green. Bertuzzi.
Does anyone know when they are due back?

Helm- Said he could be back by the end of the year, Or early next year.

Abdelkader- Supposedly Abby is out 2-4 weeks haven't really heard any updates on him yet.

Green- Green is only day to day he doesn't think that he will miss that much. Maybe just the Tampa and Florida games.

Bertuzzi- I think Lil Bert said that he could be back sometime next week after the Christmas holiday. So we shall see there. I would assume that Bert would need to be sent down once Helm returns to clear enough cap space to fit him in.

Marchenko- Was just placed on the 7 day IR list, Would assume it's retroactive from the days he's been out. So he probably can come back here before too long.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Yea, if you take out their games we drop down to 148 MGL

And its not like the injured guys are key players like Green and Z. Vaneks few weeks out feels like th only injury that's been felt.

Lets not pretend this is like 2010 or 2014 when we had a crippling injury list.

InGusWeTrust

hockey.tk
May 6, 2009
Michigan
hockey.tk
And its not like the injured guys are key players like Green and Z. Vaneks few weeks out feels like th only injury that's been felt.

Lets not pretend this is like 2010 or 2014 when we had a crippling injury list.

I'd say Helm has been missed. The Vanek, Helm, Nyquist line was hot before the two of them dropped. Nyquist hasn't really done much since that injury...which took alot of our scoring away and has been our biggest struggle this season.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Helm- Said he could be back by the end of the year, Or early next year.

Abdelkader- Supposedly Abby is out 2-4 weeks haven't really heard any updates on him yet.

Green- Green is only day to day he doesn't think that he will miss that much. Maybe just the Tampa and Florida games.

Bertuzzi- I think Lil Bert said that he could be back sometime next week after the Christmas holiday. So we shall see there. I would assume that Bert would need to be sent down once Helm returns to clear enough cap space to fit him in.

Marchenko- Was just placed on the 7 day IR list, Would assume it's retroactive from the days he's been out. So he probably can come back here before too long.

Thanks. Should we get some players soon?

Since we do not have any elite players, we should be much better if we can get helm or Abby back, so we have 3 solid lines.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
Where did you get that report from?

I own Green in fantasy hockey and that was the latest injury report on the Yahoo app. They credited the Freep but I can't seem to find the source of the Holland quote, so who knows?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad