Injury Report: Injuries

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Pete Wallner
‏@petewallner

Jimmy Howard "felt tweak" but checked by docs and everything looked ok, Ken Holland told me. Tests in a.m before next step.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Pete Wallner
‏@petewallner

Jimmy Howard "felt tweak" but checked by docs and everything looked ok, Ken Holland told me. Tests in a.m before next step.

If doctors in Detroit give the ok, Howard will take the Thursday afternoon flight to Des Moines to meet with the Griffins and play one of the games (play Fri and Sat night vs Iowa). Original plan was for Howard (per his request) to play Friday night and then access his status from there before his felt a tweak in the knee midway in the 3rd period. He looked much better than his first game by far.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
If doctors in Detroit give the ok, Howard will take the Thursday afternoon flight to Des Moines to meet with the Griffins and play one of the games (play Fri and Sat night vs Iowa). Original plan was for Howard (per his request) to play Friday night and then access his status from there before his felt a tweak in the knee midway in the 3rd period. He looked much better than his first game by far.

Thanks

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
If they can move Smith off the roster at the deadline, that's 20 games where we can get all of Sproul, Jensen and XO in the lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This seems very relevant to this thread

2) Trolling: Do not make posts or threads with the sole intent of starting a dispute. Please note that a person disagreeing with your opinion is NOT trolling. Please keep it civil even if you're sure the other person is wrong. When visiting the team forums, please note that these are fan forums for that team and are here mainly for the enjoyment of that team's fans. Do not visit team forums to cheer against nor demean their team. In other words, if you want to cheer for the Habs and criticize the Bruins, do it on the Habs board. And if someone is doing the opposite on the Bruins board, don't start flaming them to defend the honor of your team. Either ignore it or respectfully disagree and move on. Copying posts from one HFBoard forum to another for this purpose is considered trolling/flaming as well. Wishing injury/illness on anyone (players, members, etc.) will be regarded as trolling/offensive in most cases.

I don't care what is going on with this team or what some of you think is funny in regards to this. Injuries are not funny. The celebration of them is against site rules and perhaps this has been something that has not been enforced or reminded enough.

Please refrain from the applause in terms of posting about injury of either opposition or yes the Red Wings, no matter what you think of the player. These are human beings people:shakehead

Last edited:

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I think the Ericsson injury can be seen as a good thing, now there is no way Blashill can keep Sproul out of the lineup for 30 consecutive games. This will let us see what we really have in Sproul.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I think the Ericsson injury can be seen as a good thing, now there is no way Blashill can keep Sproul out of the lineup for 30 consecutive games. This will let us see what we really have in Sproul.

I'm waiting for the announcement that Lashoff has been called up :yo:

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
If Smith gets moved, maybe we'll see some Russo this year too.

I doubt you will see Russo up in Detroit this season (unless more injuries to the Wings D occur). Lashoff will come in in spot duty where the Wings schedule have back to back nights or 3 game in 4 nights.

Russo is struggling on the defensive side of his game in Grand Rapids this season (especially his last 15 games). Sure he is getting the points and is our leading d scorer (plays on our #1 line and he is on the #2 PP unit), but when the puck is in his own end and he has time to move the puck out, he gets into shell and wants to freeze the puck and the other team is taking clean shots at him. Can not figure why he is doing this lately.

But then again Jensen was not that great here in Grand Rapids and look what he is doing in Detroit recently? You never know.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
Brendan Savage ‏@BrendanSavage 3m3 minutes ago

#RedWings' Jonathan Ericsson to have surgery next week, out 12 weeks, per Ken Holland. Ericsson's season is over

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Brendan Savage ‏@BrendanSavage 3m3 minutes ago

#RedWings' Jonathan Ericsson to have surgery next week, out 12 weeks, per Ken Holland. Ericsson's season is over

Might as well get his hip done and call it a career. Thanks for your time, Jonathan, you're just not good enough anymore.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
The attitude towards E is pretty sickening tbh. Dude was having a solid season despite the mess this team is. Another bad injury was not what he needed and it doesn't do much good for this team.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
The attitude towards E is pretty sickening tbh. Dude was having a solid season despite the mess this team is. Another bad injury was not what he needed and it doesn't do much good for this team.

Sickening might be overstating it but generally I agree. It's like people bash him just from habit. He's been having a solid season.

For people who joke about him playing being the key to the tank, I'm curious who they think is going to pick up his 19 minutes a night (2 of which is on the PK) that's better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->