Injury Report: Injuries

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Assuming it was a concussion you never really know the timetable on them, even when they appear mild.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Insane, now Kronwall and Smith injured again. I'd use the term re-injured, several guys keep aggravating the same problem. Howard's groin twice and now knee. Green and Marchenko's shoulders, Kronwall's knee. Helm is very injury prone. This is the 2nd long stint Abdelkader is gone, the public has no idea what is really going on. We have some serious injuries throughout the roster.

I might gripe about our players but it ****ing sucks to see anyone hurt. It's painful on so many levels, to the team and fans. Injuries also ruin our chances to properly evaluate a fully healthy team while giving mangement an excuse for losing.

Any ideas on why are the Wings so injured? Are the players getting overworked and putting themselves in harmful situations on ice to compensate? Are they rushing back into the lineup too quickly after an injury out of desperation?

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Darren Helm has always been the man of glass, so his injury doesn't surprise me. Howard is hurt a lot too. Not sure about the others.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Insane, now Kronwall and Smith injured again. I'd use the term re-injured, several guys keep aggravating the same problem. Howard's groin twice and now knee. Green and Marchenko's shoulders, Kronwall's knee. Helm is very injury prone. This is the 2nd long stint Abdelkader is gone, the public has no idea what is really going on. We have some serious injuries throughout the roster.

I might gripe about our players but it ****ing sucks to see anyone hurt. It's painful on so many levels, to the team and fans. Injuries also ruin our chances to properly evaluate a fully healthy team while giving mangement an excuse for losing.

Any ideas on why are the Wings so injured? Are the players getting overworked and putting themselves in harmful situations on ice to compensate? Are they rushing back into the lineup too quickly after an injury out of desperation?

Are we really "so injured"? I haven't looked at the man games lost to injury (after accounting for perma-LTIR).

Hockey is a fast and physical game. You are wasting time looking to answer why players get injured. It just comes with the territory. All teams have injuries and there is no real way to avoid them.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Are we really "so injured"? I haven't looked at the man games lost to injury (after accounting for perma-LTIR).

From ManGamesLost.com the season up to December 31st :

The Detroit Red Wings (252) and Edmonton Oilers (212) have suffered the most man-games lost to injury. The Washington Capitals (10) and San Jose Sharks (34) are the least injured teams.

The Detroit Red Wings face the greatest cumulative impact of injured forwards or defensemen by the IIT-skater metric. The Washington Capitals have faced the least impact due to injuries.

The Detroit Red Wings are tops in cumulative minutes lost to injury (CMIP) based on the average ice time lost from their injured players.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
From ManGamesLost.com the season up to December 31st :

I think this is disengenuous. (sp?).

Sure we have a lot of man games lost, but also almost all of our injuries are "not important".

We have all of our key players healthy.

I know you didn't state it, but some others will claim we have done poorly due to injuries, and I think this is false. I think injuries are a very small factor in our record!

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Sure we have a lot of man games lost, but also almost all of our injuries are "not important".

I know you didn't state it, but some others will claim we have done poorly due to injuries, and I think this is false. I think injuries are a very small factor in our record!

Green?

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago

This quantifier doesn't include players like Vitale and Franzen
The Detroit Red Wings are tops in cumulative minutes lost to injury (CMIP) based on the average ice time lost from their injured players.

Idk maybe it does and they use career toi, doesn't seem like it.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
This quantifier doesn't include players like Vitale and Franzen

Idk maybe it does and they use career toi, doesn't seem like it.

well, if Franzen was healthy he'd probably still be a pretty darn good player. I don't think it's unfair to say his injury problems have hurt this club.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
well, if Franzen was healthy he'd probably still be a pretty darn good player. I don't think it's unfair to say his injury problems have hurt this club.

Absolutely it has, but Franzen will not play another game with this team and we've known that for a while. So to count him as a 'missing' piece from this team is misleading. Franzen is still a Red Wing on paper only, he's no longer an actual part of this team.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Absolutely it has, but Franzen will not play another game with this team and we've known that for a while. So to count him as a 'missing' piece from this team is misleading. Franzen is still a Red Wing on paper only, he's no longer an actual part of this team.

Hm. Are we the team that has lost a lot of players to injury?

Franzen, Fischer, Konstatinov? I do not follow other teams, but we have lost some great players to injuries.

And this team misses Franzen badly. We need a big body with skill as hell. Look how Mantha is doing great. We need a power forward or 2.
We need a lot though :laugh::laugh:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

We know he's not going to be there but his cap hit is. If we could just go out and sign a guy to fill that spot it'd be a different story but that's four million bucks in cap space that is just sitting there not returning anything. Even knowing we can't rely on Franzen hasn't meant we've had the freedom to really pursue a replacement.

DATS-O-MATIC

Nov 23, 2004
Hm. Are we the team that has lost a lot of players to injury?

Franzen, Fischer, Konstatinov? I do not follow other teams, but we have lost some great players to injuries.

And this team misses Franzen badly. We need a big body with skill as hell. Look how Mantha is doing great. We need a power forward or 2.
We need a lot though :laugh::laugh:

remember Igor Grigorenko? in 02/03 had a car accident, never recovered his speed. lots of size & skill lost on a A+ prospect, who was touted as a sure thing. IIRC, comparisions to a larger version of Pavel Bure!

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
After seeing that Laine hit, I will be grateful for every shift that Larkin, AA, and Mantha don't suffer a concussion from

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad