Injury Report: Injuries Thread: 2018-19 Edition

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
If things go poorly enough I could see us having a season similar to Tampa in 2016-2017, when they missed by 1 point because of a slew of injuries.

1. Miss the playoffs by one point
2. Get a top 3 pick in the draft lottery
3. ????
4. Profit.

Honestly, best case scenario aside from winning the Cup.

That said, we're 2nd in the west and 4th in the league. Really doubt we'll miss the playoffs.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Well, that would be quite something. Maybe a hairline fracture?
I played my senior year of lacrosse with two toes on my right foot broken, including my pinky toe. Never played every other night though. I remember thinking every time I took my cleats off after a game that I was going to find my toes in my sock. At some point though you do become numb to the pain, it really wasn't a factor during the game. During warmups and about an hour after were agonizing though.

Reactions: 42

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Well, apparently Watson does not need unbroken bones to play hockey. I thought he'd be out for sure after reading about him wearing a walking boot.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Poile says Turris ‘could return this week’ - shows up next night.

Subban ‘might return next week’ - Monday? That’s all I want for Christmas.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Poile says Turris ‘could return this week’ - shows up next night.

Subban ‘might return next week’ - Monday? That’s all I want for Christmas.
i would not be surprised if subban is done for the year or at least out months. he obviously has had a setback or two. it's a lot of hopefully and ifs with him. the situation reminds me of sullivan and his extended absence years ago.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
You guys are really setting yourselves up for the worst news here, right? Some kind of defense mechanism?

Turris - Didn't really know much about his injury. Poile said this week. He returned next night.

Subban - Don't know much about his injury. Poile said maybe next week. People think maybe done for the year based on.........?

FF9/Arvy - Poile says they'll be back in a month or so. No problem.

Not sure why we would believe all but the Subban news here?

Reactions: Preds Partisan

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
You guys are really setting yourselves up for the worst news here, right? Some kind of defense mechanism?

Turris - Didn't really know much about his injury. Poile said this week. He returned next night.

Subban - Don't know much about his injury. Poile said maybe next week. People think maybe done for the year based on.........?

FF9/Arvy - Poile says they'll be back in a month or so. No problem.

Not sure why we would believe all but the Subban news here?

Agree man, I don't get it.

Poile is never as secretive as Lavy or anyone else on the Preds for that matter. If there was a shred of truth to the thought that PK might be out for the year/long term that I see absolutely no reason why Poile would say anything about him "maybe coming back next week".

Why would he say that when he could just say nothing?? Could just give the "we have no update" that we get with just about any other injury situation.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
We’ve got a pretty fortunate schedule lining up with these injuries. 12 of the next 15 games against eastern conference teams who we are so far undefeated against. That takes us right up to mid January when forsberg and arvidsson should be coming back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad