Info for fans visiting Buffalo

ADK

LETS GO BUFFALO!
Oct 3, 2017
Eastern NY
I really recommend staying at the Harbor Center Marriott. It's literally right across from the arena and it's really nice. Food is way too expensive though, which is why we pack lunches and snacks. For someone traveling to Buffalo it's a no-brainier. Park right at the hotel, go to the game, spend the night at the hotel, breakfast at Tim Horton's around the corner, and back on the road home. That's how we do it at least. HC Marriott is about $220 for the night.

Last edited:

masa90

Jul 4, 2014
Hi Sabres fans ! Coming to visit Buffalo in march, not yet sure which games i will attend though. I will be arriving from Toronto, there should be quite many buses coming from there ?? Are there many formalities to take care of on the border? I have both esta and eta in order already.

I was thinking about possibly coming to see the Sabres-Blackhawks match. It starts early so best bet would be to arrive in morning by bus i guess. But do you guys have info on when the last buses back to Toronto will leave??

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm also coming up day after Christmas for the WJC's, can someone give me maybe one thing that will be cool for an 11 year old boy to do?

Games we are attending don't start until 7pm so we will be bored.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I'm also coming up day after Christmas for the WJC's, can someone give me maybe one thing that will be cool for an 11 year old boy to do?

Well, if you mean things to do around the arena? You could check out canalside and the outdoor skating rink or Harborcenter. You could eat before the game at 716, Pizza Plant, Chef's, or Pearl St. Brewery. If you have a lot of time to spare, and have wheels, check out Niagara falls, go to Sky Zone, go check out the buffalo museum of science. Just to name a few things. Hope that helps.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Well, if you mean things to do around the arena? You could check out canalside and the outdoor skating rink or Harborcenter. You could eat before the game at 716, Pizza Plant, Chef's, or Pearl St. Brewery. If you have a lot of time to spare, and have wheels, check out Niagara falls, go to Sky Zone, go check out the buffalo museum of science. Just to name a few things. Hope that helps.

This is perfect, thank you so much.

Skating sounds awesome and whatever Sky Zone is I will check it out. Oh, and food tips are ALWAYS welcome.

Very much appreciated.

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada

They have a great set up at Canalside near arena just for the tournament. They have interactive things for kids to do (hockey related). Also have a huge outdoor skating rink so bring the skates or you can rent some there. (or you can rent an ice bike.)

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
They have a great set up at Canalside near arena just for the tournament. They have interactive things for kids to do (hockey related). Also have a huge outdoor skating rink so bring the skates or you can rent some there. (or you can rent an ice bike.)

Thank you. I recently got an email from the organizers about the events on site, my son is now really excited, especially about this "Snowzilla" toboggan ride.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
My son and I had a blast. Spent six hours in the Village, went to Pearl Street Brewery, couldn't get in 716 (too crowded), used the Uber zone that was recommended. Watched a ton of hockey. What could be better?

My travel agents here were much appreciated.

Last edited:

DOTD

Jan 4, 2018
I'm planning on going to the game on Sunday February 25 vs Boston. Need 3 tickets. Currently the cheapest seats on Stub Hub are $27 incl all fees. Am I better off to buy from scalpers on game day?

Junipero

Jun 11, 2003
Paradise, NL
I will finally be attending my first ever Sabres home games in March. I am so excited to be going to Buffalo for the first time ever! Does anyone have any advise regarding KeyBank Arena? I'll probably get tickets from StubHub, so is there a particular section I should focus on or avoid to get the best in-game experience? I can't explain how pumped I am to finally be surrounded by other Sabres fans. I literally only know one other fan and I haven't even met him in real life, just FB friends. lol.

Reactions: Sinter Klaas

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I will finally be attending my first ever Sabres home games in March. I am so excited to be going to Buffalo for the first time ever! Does anyone have any advise regarding KeyBank Arena? I'll probably get tickets from StubHub, so is there a particular section I should focus on or avoid to get the best in-game experience? I can't explain how pumped I am to finally be surrounded by other Sabres fans. I literally only know one other fan and I haven't even met him in real life, just FB friends. lol.

“Best seats/best section” is subjective. Everyone has different opinions. Look at a seating chart for key bank arena.

Mine....
Center ice sections are the best. I personally hate corner sections. I like the 300 level because you can see more from up top. I have season tickets in 320 and I love em’.

If you prefer getting close to the ice, you can appreciate the size of the players, and the speed of the game more. But you lose sight lines and can’t see plays in corners and along the boards as well. If you want to spend more money getting close, choose as close to center ice as you can, and don’t get anything lower than row 10. That will at least get you away from the glass enough and high enough to see most things.

Order of importance in my opinion.
Close to center ice
Higher than row 10 if you must sit close.
If you don’t have to sit close and want cheaper tickets, go for the 300 level. Great view from up top!

Good luck and enjoy!

Junipero

Jun 11, 2003
Paradise, NL
“Best seats/best section” is subjective. Everyone has different opinions. Look at a seating chart for key bank arena.

Mine....
Center ice sections are the best. I personally hate corner sections. I like the 300 level because you can see more from up top. I have season tickets in 320 and I love em’.

If you prefer getting close to the ice, you can appreciate the size of the players, and the speed of the game more. But you lose sight lines and can’t see plays in corners and along the boards as well. If you want to spend more money getting close, choose as close to center ice as you can, and don’t get anything lower than row 10. That will at least get you away from the glass enough and high enough to see most things.

Order of importance in my opinion.
Close to center ice
Higher than row 10 if you must sit close.
If you don’t have to sit close and want cheaper tickets, go for the 300 level. Great view from up top!

Good luck and enjoy!

It's true, "best seats" are in the eye of the beholder I guess. lol. I was just thinking if there were sections that visiting team fans tend to flock to, I would try to avoid that area. I want to be around like-minded peeps for a change. I am hoping to attend 4 games between Mar 15 and Mar 21, so I will probably try to get close to the glass for one of them and stay higher up for the others. Thanks for the tips!

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
It's true, "best seats" are in the eye of the beholder I guess. lol. I was just thinking if there were sections that visiting team fans tend to flock to, I would try to avoid that area. I want to be around like-minded peeps for a change. I am hoping to attend 4 games between Mar 15 and Mar 21, so I will probably try to get close to the glass for one of them and stay higher up for the others. Thanks for the tips!

Don't sit low in the corners. You can't see the game at the far end as the glass distorts the view. You end up watching it on the big screen which defeats the purpose of paying to see it live.

Reactions: Sabrebat

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Hey, I'm going to be one of those invading Leafs fans next week. I got some quick questions. The night of the game is the first night of March Madness, and I was wondering if there is a good sports bar new the Keybank Center to watch after the game. I'm aware of 716, and was wondering if there was anything else nearby that is worthwhile and maybe less of tourist trap (716 gives me Real Sports in Toronto vibes). I'm saying at the Adam Marks, so anything that is close to there would also be welcome.

Another question, since I'm staying the night, I'm going to hit one of the legendary wing spots the next day. Which would you recommend? I would assume its between Anchor Bar on Main St and Duffs in Amherst.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Hey, I'm going to be one of those invading Leafs fans next week. I got some quick questions. The night of the game is the first night of March Madness, and I was wondering if there is a good sports bar new the Keybank Center to watch after the game. I'm aware of 716, and was wondering if there was anything else nearby that is worthwhile and maybe less of tourist trap (716 gives me Real Sports in Toronto vibes). I'm saying at the Adam Marks, so anything that is close to there would also be welcome.

Another question, since I'm staying the night, I'm going to hit one of the legendary wing spots the next day. Which would you recommend? I would assume its between Anchor Bar on Main St and Duffs in Amherst.

716 is realsports. They copied the layout and put it in Buffalo. Still a very good place to watch a game and best one in the close vacinity. I've heard sports city pizza pub is a good place to watch a game from friends (it's a few miles away though). Maybe somebody can back that up on here.

Duffs is good and better than anchorbar. Gabriel's gate is downtown on Allen st. and has very good wings. Bar bill tavern is basically Buffalo's voted best wing, but it's outside the city (probably 20 minutes away).

Reactions: 93LEAFS

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
716 is realsports. They copied the layout and put it in Buffalo. Still a very good place to watch a game and best one in the close vacinity. I've heard sports city pizza pub is a good place to watch a game from friends (it's a few miles away though). Maybe somebody can back that up on here.

Duffs is good and better than anchorbar. Gabriel's gate is downtown on Allen st. and has very good wings. Bar bill tavern is basically Buffalo's voted best wing, but it's outside the city (probably 20 minutes away).
Thanks for you input. My friend and I both took Friday off work, so maybe we make the trek out to Bar Bill, but since its closer to Orchard Park, I might just save it for my next trip to see a Bills game.

I'll probably check out 716 after the game then. With the hotel being only 10 minutes away, no real interest in wondering too far (and this will also be clearly dictated by weather).

Hoping that Matthews and Eichel are back (big factor in choosing this game over the one on Monday). Any news on that front. I think Matthews is getting close.

Either way, looking forward to visiting and getting the best wings around. We have Duffs in Toronto, so I'm sort of curious to see how they match-up against the originals.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Thanks for you input. My friend and I both took Friday off work, so maybe we make the trek out to Bar Bill, but since its closer to Orchard Park, I might just save it for my next trip to see a Bills game.

I'll probably check out 716 after the game then. With the hotel being only 10 minutes away, no real interest in wondering too far (and this will also be clearly dictated by weather).

Hoping that Matthews and Eichel are back (big factor in choosing this game over the one on Monday). Any news on that front. I think Matthews is getting close.

Either way, looking forward to visiting and getting the best wings around. We have Duffs in Toronto, so I'm sort of curious to see how they match-up against the originals.

Injury wise, Eichel is skating but no timeline from the staff. If you do the Anchor Bar, my recommendation would be ordering the wings extra crispy, with the sauce on the side.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

masa90

Jul 4, 2014
Hi, so i managed to grab myself few tickets. Will come and see the Toronto and Chicago games. The day between i will spend at the Niagara falls.

So, my question is, as i leave to Toronto after the Chicago game, will i make it to the 4.30 pm bus?? The game starts at 1 pm already so should have enough time i guess??? Also is there some storage in downtown Buffalo, where i can store my luggage during the game??? Thanks in advance !

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Hi, so i managed to grab myself few tickets. Will come and see the Toronto and Chicago games. The day between i will spend at the Niagara falls.

So, my question is, as i leave to Toronto after the Chicago game, will i make it to the 4.30 pm bus?? The game starts at 1 pm already so should have enough time i guess??? Also is there some storage in downtown Buffalo, where i can store my luggage during the game??? Thanks in advance !

That might be tight for your timeline. As for luggage, ask the concierge desk at the hotel you are staying at if they will hold your luggage until your departure. Some places are willing to do that, even if you have formally checked out.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto

Just want to say thanks, bar bill was amazing.

Junipero

Jun 11, 2003
Paradise, NL
Our visit here has been great so far. So many Leafs fans here during game one but it was amazing to see the arena in person for the first time. Chicago game was fun, nice to see the team win at home. Nashville game was not a big surprise, they are a great team. Last game on the trip tonight vs Arizona. Oh, and the Beauts game last Saturday was Fantastic. Everyone needs to jump on board with this team next year!!!

Reactions: Chainshot

masa90

Jul 4, 2014
Actually modded my plans a bit, skipped the Chicago game and went to Toronto to see the Mtl-Tml game.

But i must say the KeyBank arena is really nice place ! The athmosphere was fun and friendly ! Really enjoyed it.

StoneColdGMJN

Jul 16, 2013
Marquette
Greetings people of Buffalo. I’m considering taking a job offer in Niagara Falls, and I’m curious about the hockey up there. Do the rinks do drop in hockey, or is it mostly just adult league and rentals?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad