Info for fans visiting Buffalo

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
Also like the poster above me and 11 buddies are heading down for the Sens vs Sabres game on Nov 3rd and hitting the Bills Bears game on Sunday the 4th.

Wondering if there are any alcohol free/ family zones at KeyBank arena we should avoid buying tickets in?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Also like the poster above me and 11 buddies are heading down for the Sens vs Sabres game on Nov 3rd and hitting the Bills Bears game on Sunday the 4th.

Wondering if there are any alcohol free/ family zones at KeyBank arena we should avoid buying tickets in?

No. The atmosphere at Sabres games vs Bills games is night and day.

You want to get wasted and yell and scream, the Bills game is the place to go. You want to enjoy a beer and as long as you’re respectful of others around you, you won’t be hassled or bothered, any section at the Sabres game is fine.

philb613

Feb 9, 2011
Ottawa
No. The atmosphere at Sabres games vs Bills games is night and day.

You want to get wasted and yell and scream, the Bills game is the place to go. You want to enjoy a beer and as long as you’re respectful of others around you, you won’t be hassled or bothered, any section at the Sabres game is fine.

Great thanks, we'll be driving up Saturday morning so no time to get crazy before the Sabres game, should be on our best behavior. Just wanted to make sure I didn't buy tickets in a section we couldn't drink a few beers during the game.

Habs4Lyfe

Drive for 25
Apr 18, 2006
Brampton
Hey everyone...will be coming down next Thursday to watch the Habs-Sabres game and we will be in the Club Section 219. Just wondering if anyone has any reviews/feedback for that section (or any of the 200 sections for that matter) and what we should expect as far as service goes? Thanks in advance :)

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hey everyone...will be coming down next Thursday to watch the Habs-Sabres game and we will be in the Club Section 219. Just wondering if anyone has any reviews/feedback for that section (or any of the 200 sections for that matter) and what we should expect as far as service goes? Thanks in advance :)

What do you want to know exactly?

Habs4Lyfe

Drive for 25
Apr 18, 2006
Brampton
What do you want to know exactly?

sorry...to be more specific...how are the restaurants in that section? I read that we can get in 2 hours prior to game time - can we make a reservations at one of the restaurants overlooking the ice so that we can grab a bite and watch the warm ups or is it first come first serve? Also, is food and drink included in that section (in other arenas, food and drink is included in the Club sections so wondering about the same here)? Thanks again!

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
sorry...to be more specific...how are the restaurants in that section? I read that we can get in 2 hours prior to game time - can we make a reservations at one of the restaurants overlooking the ice so that we can grab a bite and watch the warm ups or is it first come first serve? Also, is food and drink included in that section (in other arenas, food and drink is included in the Club sections so wondering about the same here)? Thanks again!

No food is included in that section.

As far as “how are the restaurants “
Everyone has their opinion. Some think it’s good some think it’s bad. One things for sure it’s overpriced. But aren’t most arenas.
You buy food, and sit at open tables overlooking the ice. I would advise getting there 90 mins prior to puck drop. Get your grub and chill at a table for a bit before going to your seats.

Any questions you can always call Sabres account services and pick their brains.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs4Lyfe

Habs4Lyfe

Drive for 25
Apr 18, 2006
Brampton
No food is included in that section.

As far as “how are the restaurants “
Everyone has their opinion. Some think it’s good some think it’s bad. One things for sure it’s overpriced. But aren’t most arenas.
You buy food, and sit at open tables overlooking the ice. I would advise getting there 90 mins prior to puck drop. Get your grub and chill at a table for a bit before going to your seats.

Any questions you can always call Sabres account services and pick their brains.
appreciate the info...thanks!

DirkStarlight

Jan 22, 2011
Hello Buffalo fans.

I am trying visit my brother who lives on Grand Island Thanksgiving week and was thinking of going to the game Weds. against the Flyers. Do ticket prices on Stubhub go down leading up to the game? I would want lower level seats and see they are around 60.

Should I scoop them up now or do they go pretty quickly?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hello Buffalo fans.

I am trying visit my brother who lives on Grand Island Thanksgiving week and was thinking of going to the game Weds. against the Flyers. Do ticket prices on Stubhub go down leading up to the game? I would want lower level seats and see they are around 60.

They do go down near game day. Also there are always 3 or 4 scalpers hanging out about a block away from the arena selling tickets on game day.

IMO, don't go too low in the arena. The experience of being close doesn't trump seeing the entire ice and action. If you MUST go to the lower bowl, then anything above row 8 (from the glass) is good. And If you MUST go to the lower bowl, try to get as center ice as you can.

Reactions: sabremike

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hello Buffalo fans.

You could wait until the day before the game to see if the prices drop.

You could see who’s selling tickets on Craigslist.

You could buy from scalpers on game day. There’s 3 or 4 of them selling about a block away from the arena.

In my opinion, don’t buy seats too low. The sightlines are terrible .

If you MUST sit in the lower bowl. Go with seats above row 8. And try to get as close to center ice as you can.

sabresfan3383

Dec 3, 2004
Tonawanda, NY
Hello Buffalo fans.

Amateur Night, or Thanksgiving Eve, is one of the biggest drinking nights of the year, and tix are usually scooped up pretty quick for that game. I don't recall if the prices went down for last years game, but it's usually a sell out.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Is there a cheap hotel in Buffalo that can be reached via public trans from the arena/bus terminal area and back? I know they are probably all out by the airport but figure one of you guys might know better.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
Not sure if a cheap hotel would be found but I guess it depends on your definition of cheap. To give you an idea go to the link below, change the date of search to what you want, click search and see what is available. There are a bunch of blue metro symbols that run on Main St from the arena to E/W Tupper St that symbolize the above ground free metro rail so any hotel within walking distance of that will provide a free trip to and from the game. After the game you may want to linger inside the arena or wander over to Harbor Center as the first train or two are packed.

Hotels.com - hotels in Buffalo, New York, United States of America

Reactions: sabremike

Vizsla17

Nov 19, 2018
Parking.

This question has probably been asked here, but the thread is very long to dig through, so please excuse the repeat.

I am going to the Leafs game on December 4th (with my adult son), and I was wondering about the parking near the arena. I am not overly concerned about the cost since this is a special day, and we are taking the day off of work, so can arrive early and have some beers or lunch/dinner and relax before the game.

Is parking adjacent to the arena hard to come by, and is it available in the afternoon? There are reserved parking spots available online, are they OK? I would appreciate any information or suggestions.

Frank

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Parking.

This question has probably been asked here, but the thread is very long to dig through, so please excuse the repeat.

I am going to the Leafs game on December 4th (with my adult son), and I was wondering about the parking near the arena. I am not overly concerned about the cost since this is a special day, and we are taking the day off of work, so can arrive early and have some beers or lunch/dinner and relax before the game.

Is parking adjacent to the arena hard to come by, and is it available in the afternoon? There are reserved parking spots available online, are they OK? I would appreciate any information or suggestions.

Frank

As a STH, I park below the One Seneca Tower. It’s $8. It’s covered. It’s only a 4-5 min walk to the arena. I’ve parked there for years. Good spot. Research that location.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017
Parking.

Frank
I can't answer as I always just park for free on South Park and don't mind the 10 minute walk. But my guess is you'll find plenty of good spots close to the arena. Have fun!

Reactions: Vizsla17

Vizsla17

Nov 19, 2018
As a STH, I park below the One Seneca Tower. It’s $8. It’s covered. It’s only a 4-5 min walk to the arena. I’ve parked there for years. Good spot. Research that location.

Thanks for the tip -- I'll do that.

Really excited for the game, both teams are playing great, and this will be my first NHL game in too many years.

Reactions: ZZamboni

Leafs Fan 12

Jan 20, 2011
Hey guys....Ill be coming down for the leafs- sabres game next Tuesday and was wondering what restaurant has the best wings that is pretty close to the arena....and would we have to have reservations if we show up around 5ish?

Thanks

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Hey guys....Ill be coming down for the leafs- sabres game next Tuesday and was wondering what restaurant has the best wings that is pretty close to the arena....and would we have to have reservations if we show up around 5ish?

Thanks

Washington Square or Pearl Street are pretty good options that are close by Key Bank Center. I doubt Washington Square takes reservations since it's an older hole in the wall type place. Not sure if Pearl Street does.

Quiet Jack

Mar 24, 2017

Thanks
Probably Pearl St. If you're willing to drive a little (not much) I'd suggest either Doc Sullivan's or Nine Eleven Tavern in South Buffalo. Neither take reservations but if you arrive at 5 you should have plenty of time to get to the game.

Chris18820

Nov 11, 2018
Can tickets be purchased up until gametime at Keybank via stubhub or is there a cut off time? Can I show my stubhub purchased tickets from my phone or do they have to be printed? Thank you

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Can tickets be purchased up until gametime at Keybank via stubhub or is there a cut off time? Can I show my stubhub purchased tickets from my phone or do they have to be printed? Thank you

Did you check around on stubhub? I would imagine that info is laid out pretty well there.
In this day and age I would imagine a barcode can be generated on your smartphone for each ticket purchased.
I know as a season ticket holder I have that option to show my tickets via smartphone barcode.

Worst case, call account services and pick their brains :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->