Info for fans visiting Buffalo

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Hey Sabres fans. Blues are playing a Saturday afternoon game in Buffalo in February. I'll be amtrakin' in. Hotel recommendations (not too pricey but not too janky) near the arena/train station? Also when do single game tickets go on sale? Is it the kind of place where all the tickets get snatched up immediately or is it more like St. Louis where I can take my time getting them and there'll still be some left?

Thanks everybody

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hey Sabres fans. Blues are playing a Saturday afternoon game in Buffalo in February. I'll be amtrakin' in. Hotel recommendations (not too pricey but not too janky) near the arena/train station? Also when do single game tickets go on sale? Is it the kind of place where all the tickets get snatched up immediately or is it more like St. Louis where I can take my time getting them and there'll still be some left?

Thanks everybody

1. I had a bad experience with Amtrack and I'll never do it again. It was supposed to take 8 hours to get to NYC from Buffalo. It took 10 ½. Return trip took 13 hours. Never again. Good luck.

2. Try the Marriot near the arena. Or Adams Mark. Or stay in a cheaper hotel not too close to the arena. And with the money you save, take a cab to and from the arena :dunno:

3. Individual tickets will go on sale in late Sept from what I remember. Could be wrong. You should get the tickets you want on the first day they go on sale. Waiting isn't advised. Unless you want to pay a scalper on game day.

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

Thanks everybody

Harbor Center Marriott was ranked #1 in North America for customer service and it's connected to the arena....I'd maybe stay away from Adam's Mark as I have heard some less than favorable things about it....But a lot of the hotels downtown are good also and easy walk, taxi, or Metro rail to the arena...Hyatt, Courtyard Marriott, Hilton Garden, Hyatt, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Best Western, Holiday Inn Express....Take your pick....

there's always scalpers around if you can't book your tickets for some reason...I highly doubt a February game against the Blues is going to be a game everyone is fighting to get tickets for.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Thanks guys, I'll check out those hotels

If you see a guy walking around by the arena that day in a Jay McClement jersey, be sure to say hi :cheers:

Harbor Center Marriott was ranked #1 in North America for customer service and it's connected to the arena....I'd maybe stay away from Adam's Mark as I have heard some less than favorable things about it....But a lot of the hotels downtown are good also and easy walk, taxi, or Metro rail to the arena...Hyatt, Courtyard Marriott, Hilton Garden, Hyatt, Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn, Best Western, Holiday Inn Express....Take your pick....

there's always scalpers around if you can't book your tickets for some reason...I highly doubt a February game against the Blues is going to be a game everyone is fighting to get tickets for.

hey you take that back. someday we'll all tell our grandchildren about how we saw Magnus Paajarvi live in person back in his early days of stardom

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
Hi Buffalo Sabres fans, I am a long time Blackhawks fan and a hfboards member from Chicago posting on this board for the first time. I am in Buffalo for a week for work. I am completely unfamiliar with Buffalo. I will have some time on weekends and possibly in the evenings after work. I am staying at the Hyatt Regency near Theatre district. I do not have a car here and I am relying Taxis/Uber. I would like to check out some nice restaurants and possibly do some of the touristy things I can do. Any recommendations? Thanks for your help.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
Hi Buffalo Sabres fans, I am a long time Blackhawks fan and a hfboards member from Chicago posting on this board for the first time. I am in Buffalo for a week for work. I am completely unfamiliar with Buffalo. I will have some time on weekends and possibly in the evenings after work. I am staying at the Hyatt Regency near Theatre district. I do not have a car here and I am relying Taxis/Uber. I would like to check out some nice restaurants and possibly do some of the touristy things I can do. Any recommendations? Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, we don't have Uber in Buffalo (I know, insane).

You should check out Canalside for sure. You can just hop on the metro which is literally directly outside of the Hyatt on main st. Ride it south, I think 4 stops?, and youre right there. Harbor center (new, awesome hockey facility) and Key Center (where Sabres play) is on one side of the rail, Canalside is on the other.

Edit: Oh, and the metro is free above ground. Forgot to mention that.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
For food I'll give you the link from the previous pg. It definitely gives you choices.
http://grossmisconducthockey.com/?p=1030

If you want, there are plenty of places within walking range of the Hyatt on that list. Toutant, Oshun, Tappo are all right there, Chef's is very good and Pretty close as well. Also there is Chophouse right next to you if you want a good steak or Dinosaur BBQ if you want BBQ.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
For food I'll give you the link from the previous pg. It definitely gives you choices.
http://grossmisconducthockey.com/?p=1030

If you want, there are plenty of places within walking range of the Hyatt on that list. Toutant, Oshun, Tappo are all right there, Chef's is very good and Pretty close as well. Also there is Chophouse right next to you if you want a good steak or Dinosaur BBQ if you want BBQ.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. That definitely helps. I already tried Oshun and loved it. Kayadara noodle bar was equally good. Will check out Canal side for sure.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Going with my buddies (8) to BUF in a few weeks - want to catch a Sabres game @KeyBank while we're down in your part of the woods.

Which of the following sections offer the best view of the game?

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Going with my buddies (8) to BUF in a few weeks - want to catch a Sabres game @KeyBank while we're down in your part of the woods.
Which of the following sections offer the best view of the game? 317 - 323 - 303

All three sections are the same - you get the same view of the ice. (Only difference is 303 is on the players bench side while 317 and 323 is on the penalty box side.
Some people like to watch the players change up so if your one of them - get tickets in 317 or 323.)

If you are rooting for the visiting team - you may want the end where they shoot twice (first period and third periods) so either 303 or 323.
If you are rooting for the Sabres - you may want the end where they shoot twice (first and third periods) so 317.

Heres a picture taken from Section 303 - Row 8 - Seats 1 and 2.

13329400_10153454893686290_851389911975974616_o.jpg

Last edited:

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
All three sections are the same - you get the same view of the ice. (Only difference is 303 is on the players bench side while 317 and 323 is on the penalty box side.
Some people like to watch the players change up so if your one of them - get tickets in 317 or 323.)

If you are rooting for the visiting team - you may want the end where they shoot twice (first period and third periods) so either 303 or 323.
If you are rooting for the Sabres - you may want the end where they shoot twice (first and third periods) so 317.

Heres a picture taken from Section 303 - Row 8 - Seats 1 and 2.

13329400_10153454893686290_851389911975974616_o.jpg

thanks very much for the info

what is the going rate for seats in these sections? does it depend on the game (not sure if you guys use tier pricing)?

Bruins1233

Apr 30, 2016
I'm travelling out from Roc for a Dec. 3 Bruins game, is it worth buying the Parking pass at the arena, or is there plentiful parking downtown?
Is it like Roc were parking is free on weekends?

AlmightyPO

Dec 13, 2009
London
Hello Buffalo fans, fellow Leaf fan coming in peace!

My Senator-fan :help: girlfriend is coming down from Canada next weekend to watch the Sabres play and was wondering where she could purchase an NFL jersey close-ish to the KeyBank Center. She is looking for a Falcon's jersey if that helps, but any suggestions would be great!

Thanks for any help Sabrebros!

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

My Senator-fan :help: girlfriend is coming down from Canada next weekend to watch the Sabres play and was wondering where she could purchase an NFL jersey close-ish to the KeyBank Center. She is looking for a Falcon's jersey if that helps, but any suggestions would be great!

Dave and Adams possibly. http://www.daveandadamsstore.com

Dicks sporting goods possibly.

I would call so you don't waste your time driving to someplace that may not carry what she's looking for ..

zts1986

Oct 3, 2006

Is she flying or driving? If she has a car, just go to the Walden Galleria Mall on Walden Avenue. There are several stores in there where you can buy jerseys and other gear of most NFL/NHL teams, plus tons of other shops and restaurants. It'll be about a 15-20 minute drive from the KeyBank Center.

AlmightyPO

Dec 13, 2009
London
Dave and Adams possibly. http://www.daveandadamsstore.com

Dicks sporting goods possibly.

I would call so you don't waste your time driving to someplace that may not carry what she's looking for ..
Perfect, I'll pass the suggestions on to her! Yes calling would make sense, she only has limited time so would suck to drive somewhere for them not to have it haha. Thanks, appreciate the help!

Is she flying or driving? If she has a car, just go to the Walden Galleria Mall on Walden Avenue. There are several stores in there where you can buy jerseys and other gear of most NFL/NHL teams, plus tons of other shops and restaurants. It'll be about a 15-20 minute drive from the KeyBank Center.
She has a car, so that is perfect! This is great info, thanks so much!

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
hey guys, trip is this weekend. anybody recommend good places for dinner nearish to the arena, with vegetarian options?

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
hey guys, trip is this weekend. anybody recommend good places for dinner nearish to the arena, with vegetarian options?

Check out Handlebar. 142 Swan St. On the outer bounds of "nearish" to walk to the arena. Probably a 10-15 minute walk. But it is also only 4 short blocks to the free above ground section of the rapid transit system. Never been there, don't know the hours, but I know they feature vegetarian dishes. Check out their website.

Last edited:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY

I'm vegetarian too. When I eat down near the arena I go to ... Chefs, Pearl street brewery, 716, or Pizza Plant.

Check out the menus online. Plenty to choose from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad