Injury Report: Infirmary [UPD: Gazdic (Shoulder), Petry (Shoulder), Ference (Arm)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
@EdmontonOilers: #Oilers assign goalie Richard Bachman to @OKCBarons.

I guess he's also healthy now.

I don't know how close Bryz is but Labarbra should be sent down in favor of Bachman
Personally I was more comfortable with him backing up Dubynk

agreed but they probably want bachman to get a few games in

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 32m
Jeff Petry (head) participating in #Oilers morning skate right now.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 39s
Petry (head) won't play tonight vs. Carolina but could return Thursday vs. Boston if his condition continues to improve this week.

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 6m
"It's Christmas time so I decided to throw some ornaments on my feet." - Ryan Jones, took a puck to the foot yesterday, now wearing guards

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 39s
Petry (head) won't play tonight vs. Carolina but could return Thursday vs. Boston if his condition continues to improve this week.

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 6m
"It's Christmas time so I decided to throw some ornaments on my feet." - Ryan Jones, took a puck to the foot yesterday, now wearing guards

Very good news. That was a scary play.

Sloth Slothersons*

That's good. Don't really miss him as we're basically just as bad without him. But good for him.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: Jeff Petry (head) is good to go for tonight vs. Boston after receiving medical clearance, consisting of both physical and mental tests.

Good to see Petry is back, we need that guy.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
@EdmontonOilers: Jeff Petry (head) is good to go for tonight vs. Boston after receiving medical clearance, consisting of both physical and mental tests.

Good to see Petry is back, we need that guy.

We win games when he's out. :p

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 3m
Gordon (shoulder) not ready to return to #Oilers lineup yet, Coach Eakins says. Bryzgalov (head/neck) will be on upcoming road trip.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Have Bryz sit there even if he's dying, but don't tell Dubnyk that. Maybe that'll scare him into playing well...

Gordon is the kind of guy, I think, that can play any role and every team needs. We want him back ASAP even if the team starts clicking, because no matter how deep on the roster he eases in, he'll be an asset.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Once Bachman gets some games in we should call him up especially if Bryz isn't quite ready.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Once Bachman gets some games in we should call him up especially if Bryz isn't quite ready.

I assumed Iya will play at some point on this trip. Think OKC plays tonight, tomorrow and Sunday. I just don't see it working for Bachman unless there is some sort of delay with Ilya, but I have to think he should be ready for Tuesday and given how Labrbra played last night they won't call up Bachman even if Ilya has a set back. Travel also comes into play here.

Edit: OKC played last night, tonight and Saturday. Bachman played yesterday and will probably play Saturday, so that would take him out of contention for Sunday's game I'd think.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@dantencer: Oilers confirm that Ilya Bryzgalov has been activated from Injured Reserve.

Obviously with the trade Bryz is good to go

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@NHLbyMatty - Jim Matheson:
Hemsky out with sore ribs and ryan smyth in vs ducks
Kesler knocked hemsky for loop in van but sucked it up and still played third period#oilers
And before people around league nod and say hemsky is fragile Kesler hit might have knocked big guy like getzlaf out too.#oilers

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
@NHLbyMatty - Jim Matheson:
Hemsky out with sore ribs and ryan smyth in vs ducks
Kesler knocked hemsky for loop in van but sucked it up and still played third period#oilers
And before people around league nod and say hemsky is fragile Kesler hit might have knocked big guy like getzlaf out too.#oilers

How if we say, should have traded him before he got hurt again?

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: Head injury vs. Minny --> RT @EdmontonJack Nail Yakupov placed on injured reserve list; eligible to return next Friday vs. PHX.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: Head injury vs. Minny --> RT @EdmontonJack Nail Yakupov placed on injured reserve list; eligible to return next Friday vs. PHX.

Not good. The last thing this kid needs is a concussion on top of this already miserable season.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Not good. The last thing this kid needs is a concussion on top of this already miserable season.

Maybe it will help, in the sense it gives him some space and time away from the game (hope he's able to watch from up top and take some things away...). Have him sit with someone up there and observe the game, presumably if he's not too bothered by the concussion? I dunno, I'm sure that's reaching but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad