Injury Report: Infirmary [UPD: Gazdic (Shoulder), Petry (Shoulder), Ference (Arm)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah maybe, for that game. Or maybe he wears his beating as a badge of honour for helping his team's chances and paying the price to do so. Plus we hand them a PP in the process. And it definitely wouldn't stop him from doing the same thing next time we play them.

If they lost KL or Benn because of how he was playing, he might rethink it. Or be forced to by the rest of the team. Beating on him is at best a temporary fix, and not even certain of being that.

I don't really disagree just an observation. It's all a what if situation, but one that Eakins needs to think about before every matchup. For instance today we play PHX who has Doan, Hanzal, Klinkhammer, Korpikoski and Schlemko who I believed caused issues last time. I don't think Doan or Hanzal drop them, but who is going to keep those 5 honest? Do we have a counter on our team? We just seem to set ourselves up to get ran over game after game and then wonder why a guy like Garbutt can run around doing whatever he wants. Nothing against Garbutt other than there should've been a 2 minute minor, but we can't continue to be the team getting ran over game in and game out. Now with our PP sucking teams will even take more liberties as who cares, we won't be able to do anything about it.

This is almost like Reilly and the Eskimos, guys weren't afraid to hit him late because the Esks really couldn't make teams pay.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I don't really disagree just an observation. It's all a what if situation, but one that Eakins needs to think about before every matchup. For instance today we play PHX who has Doan, Hanzal, Klinkhammer, Korpikoski and Schlemko who I believed caused issues last time. I don't think Doan or Hanzal drop them, but who is going to keep those 5 honest? Do we have a counter on our team? We just seem to set ourselves up to get ran over game after game and then wonder why a guy like Garbutt can run around doing whatever he wants. Nothing against Garbutt other than there should've been a 2 minute minor, but we can't continue to be the team getting ran over game in and game out. Now with our PP sucking teams will even take more liberties as who cares, we won't be able to do anything about it.

This is almost like Reilly and the Eskimos, guys weren't afraid to hit him late because the Esks really couldn't make teams pay.

I agree. This team isn't built for any kind of push back. If we are going to go with a smaller skilled top 6, we will need to have a big physical bottom 6. Having guys like Smyth and Hemsky for the bottom 6 was a horrible decision.

I expect the Yotes to knock us around tonight and 50/50 we lose someone to injury. Gazdic certainly can't do everything, and if he didn't kick our ***** in that last preseason game, he probably wouldn't even be an Oiler atm.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I agree. This team isn't built for any kind of push back. If we are going to go with a smaller skilled top 6, we will need to have a big physical bottom 6. Having guys like Smyth and Hemsky for the bottom 6 was a horrible decision.

I expect the Yotes to knock us around tonight and 50/50 we lose someone to injury. Gazdic certainly can't do everything, and if he didn't kick our ***** in that last preseason game, he probably wouldn't even be an Oiler atm.

I'd sit Smyth tonight and play Gazdic. I just don't see how Smyth fits on a line that as far as I can see is going to be used for energy and some edge.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
So they still havent said what his injury is?

Last I heard it was knuckle, shoulder, leg, and back.

@GenePrincipe: "Ilya Bryzgalov being re-assessed.Not sure about a call up.Boyd Gordon doubtful Tuesday knuckle, shoulder,leg and back issues."Dallas Eakins

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
Last I heard it was knuckle, shoulder, leg, and back.

@GenePrincipe: "Ilya Bryzgalov being re-assessed.Not sure about a call up.Boyd Gordon doubtful Tuesday knuckle, shoulder,leg and back issues."Dallas Eakins

Sounds almost like head, shoulder, knees and toes.

What happened to him anyways? I must have missed whatever game he was hurt in.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Sounds almost like head, shoulder, knees and toes.

What happened to him anyways? I must have missed whatever game he was hurt in.

I think the technical term is that he's "all bunged up"

Just compounding injuries from taking a beating game in game out, not one particular event.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think the technical term is that he's "all bunged up"

Just compounding injuries from taking a beating game in game out, not one particular event.

Gordon just seems like one of those players who never plays a full season and it's up to the team to be able to deal with it. We need guys like that who put it all on the line. I imagine that Perron will spend time on the IR now and then as well.

These are the players we want to have around.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Ptry (head) doesn't look good

@EdmontonOilers: "That didn't look good on the replay... I'm not expecting great news." - Coach Eakins on Petry (head). No update on the d-man tonight.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I missed the game, what happened to petry?
Pretty routine looking hit, but he was positioned right next to the end of the benches and got his head bounced of the turnbuckle where the benches end and the glass starts. It didn't look good I don't expect him back soon.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Pretty routine looking hit, but he was positioned right next to the end of the benches and got his head bounced of the turnbuckle where the benches end and the glass starts. It didn't look good I don't expect him back soon.

Looked like an obvious concussion, I'm glad they kept him out the rest of the game to make sure he's okay.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@ReidWilkins: Petry is feeling better than he did last night. Eakins is cautiously optimistic. Says Oilers may have dodged a bullet.

Good news I suppose.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
@ReidWilkins: Petry is feeling better than he did last night. Eakins is cautiously optimistic. Says Oilers may have dodged a bullet.

Good news I suppose.

Good thing we don't play again till Tuesday to give him some rest. That looked ugly how his head bounced off the stanchion like that.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: #Oilers assign forward Tyler Pitlick to AHL's @OKCBarons.

That means he's no longer injured, I think.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
@EdmontonOilers: #Oilers assign forward Tyler Pitlick to AHL's @OKCBarons.

That means he's no longer injured, I think.

Indeed, hopefully he can get into some games and get back to game speed so he can provide his unique, to this team, skill set with the big club again.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: Gordon says it was his shoulder that he injured, got progressively more painful. "It's getting better. We'll see in the next few days."

Shoulder :laugh: a staple for oiler players
Hopefully Gordon isn't out to much longer

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: #Oilers assign goalie Richard Bachman to @OKCBarons.

I guess he's also healthy now.

I don't know how close Bryz is but Labarbra should be sent down in favor of Bachman
Personally I was more comfortable with him backing up Dubynk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad