Injury Report: Infirmary [UPD: Gazdic (Shoulder), Petry (Shoulder), Ference (Arm)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Finally going to sticky this thread.

Joensuu suffered a high ankle sprain and is out 4-weeks, likely the season.

Yakupov injured his ankle in the Carolina game. This is likely an on-going issue stemming from a month ago when he was in a walking boot and less than a week ago when his ankle took the worst of it in a collision with Matt Cooke.

Hendricks injured his leg today versus Nashville blocking a Shea Weber slap shot.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Tough on Hendricks, I'm glad they shut him down early, or what seemed looked like it was earlier then a tight game.

I think, and hope, we'll see Pitlick make his way up on an emergency recall. I'd love to see him get another look.

Oct 30, 2011
Eakins with his "learn to play through injury" philosophy is a little odd, but perhaps he sees it as practice for games that actually matter?

Idk

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Did anyone see where Eberle got hurt? I didn't see a specific play in the last game... but it could even be a non-hit situation, maybe he's been playing "semi-hurt" for a while now.

EpSoNiight

Nov 14, 2013
Right off the bat josi checked him into the boards pretty good, but he played through it. Only play I can remember

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Ellis boarded him but I don't know how that would've hurt his knee, he was skating really well last night too.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Ellis boarded him but I don't know how that would've hurt his knee, he was skating really well last night too.

Wonder if he noticed it later on and once he warmed down, figured something felt wrong. I've definitely had injuries even just in men's league when the day after a game I felt 10x worse.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Anybody else wonder that as soon as the oilers bounce back and start to respond with some physical hockey that the injuries start?

For instance in the case of Eberle I don't know how the knee injury was incurred but I would say the Nashville game might be the most physical I'd seen him play in his career. I think he threw one check and actually entered a scrum. He might even have looked upset at somebody :amazed::D

Do they still give out the Lady byng trophy?

ps that was a rhetorical question but perhaps a sad state of hockey today that they do still give it out but that so few players today win it. Seems distributed to either Pavel Datsyuk, or Martin St. Louis over last decades. I realize the list of possible candidates grows shorter but..

This used to be something valued. Sportsmanship. Now I wonder.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Eakins refuted Kypreos claim that Eberle had an MRI. He called it a tweak and said it should be considered day to day and not overly serious.

Sloth Slothersons*

Eakins refuted Kypreos claim that Eberle had an MRI. He called it a tweak and said it should be considered day to day and not overly serious.

Eakins never backs down. And he's always right.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Eakins never backs down. And he's always right.

Yeah to further OHH's point, Kypreos is just dreadful and cares very little about actually getting things "right".

The other thing is, if you're looking at it logically, Eakins is MUCH more likely to know what's going on with HIS players in EDMONTON then Kypreos is from Toronto

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
Fasth down

@TSNRyanRishaug: Fasth has been hurt at Oiler practice.

@NHLbyMatty: Fasth down on ice after lander runs into him. Trainer out and he looks in rough shape.#oilers

Dammit lander

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Fasth down

@TSNRyanRishaug: Fasth has been hurt at Oiler practice.

@NHLbyMatty: Fasth down on ice after lander runs into him. Trainer out and he looks in rough shape.#oilers

Dammit lander

All part of the Tank

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
@EdmontonOilers

Coach Eakins says Fasth has a sprained neck and is headed to see the doctor right now. Doesn't sound like the goalie is concussed.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Well at least there's still Scrivens.

I wonder what they do for backup. Taking Bachman out of OKC would kill their playoff chances. Perhaps Brossoit gets to warm the bench, or how about a reward to the golden bears goalie? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad