Injury Report: Infirmary [UPD: Gazdic (Shoulder), Petry (Shoulder), Ference (Arm)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
@Sun_Tychkowski: Further tests reveal that Ales Hemsky's ankle is not broken. And, contrary to the Oilers game notes, Yakupov is not on IR

I'd say we should all assume the Oilers plan to rush him back in, concussion or not. Otherwise a break would be perfectly justified and might even do him some good but it wouldn't help when the plan is to ruin his confidence and value.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
Maybe it will help, in the sense it gives him some space and time away from the game (hope he's able to watch from up top and take some things away...). Have him sit with someone up there and observe the game, presumably if he's not too bothered by the concussion? I dunno, I'm sure that's reaching but...

I'd rather have him watch another team than the Oilers if he's to take things away from the game...

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: "Deep bone bruise" for Hemsky in the ankle area while Yakupov is still going through concussion protocol. Both guys skating right now.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
@EdmontonOilers: "Deep bone bruise" for Hemsky in the ankle area while Yakupov is still going through concussion protocol. Both guys skating right now.

I guess that's a good sign for Hemmer as for Yak I guess we have to see how he is after the skate. At least he's skating though.

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: Hemsky says deep bruise on ankle still causing him some pain but first day of full practice today was positive, hopes to return Friday.

Good for hemmer I just didn't want him to miss the Olympics

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
this is a really, really good point... it gives them an "easy" excuse for sending him down for a week or so... let him play 20 minutes/night for 3-5 games, and then come back up to the NHL

this is a good idea

I would not be opposed to this at all. A conditioning stint would help his confidence a lot.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@Sun_Tychkowski
Nail Yakupov is hobbling out of Rexall Place in a walking cast

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
So Soli, have you ever given us good news as a mod? Ever? :sarcasm:

tumblr_m9ra5uZ2uW1rrbogso3_500.gif

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
What a nightmare season for Yak. He was one of the few that looked decent last night - laid a few hits, broke up a play on the back check, created a couple chances. Finally earns first line duty and starts playing a more complete game and now this.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
What a nightmare season for Yak. He was one of the few that looked decent last night - laid a few hits, broke up a play on the back check, created a couple chances. Finally earns first line duty and starts playing a more complete game and now this.

the only positive is that if he is injured macT cant trade him for some mong package. I dont think he was going to anyway but just incase.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Just had one of those before morning coffee moments.

Was reading a post from the middle of January trying to figure out how Yakupov got a concussion from a shot to the leg.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert
Just had one of those before morning coffee moments.

Was reading a post from the middle of January trying to figure out how Yakupov got a concussion from a shot to the leg.

I did the exact same thing...

Hoping Yak is okay, got tickets to the game Saturday would hate for him to miss it

#ualberta
Dec 13, 2010
Edmonton
@EdmontonOilers: "I feel better today, so hopefully it's nothing serious." - Yakupov on his injured ankle, says initial X-ray showed no break

Promising news folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad